Herm: The worst thing I did when I was in New York was..........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, May 15, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

He broke Holts receiving records at NC State and every year I remembered in training camp how this cotchery kid was a standout. Thanx for the lasting memories Herm:mad:

2. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

how about the worst thing was running Cmart into the frigging ground?!?

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

HAH. . . this thread ought'a have wheels.

I could make my own little list, but at the top of it would be:

=> Telling us EVERY off season how you were putting Flava Flav in charge of clock management and the STILL screwing it up. At the worst of all times, of course.

[​IMG]

4. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

waste time outs, and not knowing what to do in the last 2 minutes of the half and game.

5. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

how about during the playoff game vs pittsburgh...when chad took a knee the play before doug brien shanked the field goal wide left with no time left...why not run it with martin and gain 3-4 yards and set it up in the middle of the field...it might have been paul hacketts call, the o coordinator, but herm has to demand a running play and gain positive yardage adn get closer for the FG

your thoughts?

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

what about the fall to the right play in pittsburgh?

7. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Well if he did those things, it might be worst. Woody could have given him an extension.

8. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Actually he should say:
    "The worst thing I did when I was in New York was draft (Insert name here) and...he never got on the field," Edwards said.
    "Now he?s playing...very well and doing what he was doing in practice when I was there."
    It would be more truthful.
    Herm has no faith in anybody that isn't an established veteran and he has his starting roster picked out before training camp even opens. Doesn't matter how you perform, Herm knows better. Oh well, not our problem anymore. Good luck K.C. Your gonna need it.

9. Bill

Bill New Member

True, so very, very true. That would be the worst case of all, keeping Herm.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Herm and Boobway both kept Chrebet way too late in his career, and kept Jerico on the bench. Boobway gives Chrebet a 7 year deal at age 30. and Herm tried to justify it by playing him--Chrebet had 1 touchdown PER YEAR in 01, 03, and 04, but he kept playing. As Boobway and Herm learned, players have shelf lives no matter how popular they are--play the best players.

11. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I was expecting

"I should have never had Chad take a knee on 3rd down to set up a 4th down field in the divisional playoffs."

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Everybody learns from their mistakes and Herm hopefully will not be the exception to that rule. I would say the worst thing Herm did while he was in New York was to hire Paul Hackett as OC of the NYJ's coming in. Then again with Chad's legendary arm strength, perhaps that wasn't such a bad thing.

You guys do realize that the Hermies will come out in droves to defend their guy. Get ready for the endless "3 playoff appearances in 5 years" statements. :)

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That argument has a lot less validity since Mangini took 52 scruffy cats and a hairball to 10-6 and the playoffs last season. It's pretty clear that the Bills and Dolphins just laid down and died during the Herm era in any season that the Jets weren't dead first. Last year was the same story.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not the worst thing, but the most emblematic: 10 men on the field during the WC game vs. SD. A good coach wouldn't let that happen in week 18.

15. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Ouch...I'd forgotten (repressed?) that one. That sucked!

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Not a Herm defender by any means, but Bradway Hired Hackett, not Herm.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wow. I had always thought Hackett was a Herm hire.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Worst thing Herm ever did? Carry our team into the playoffs 3 times... New Yorkers. :rolleyes: When is it ever enough for 'em. :lol:

19. Mapmakerns

Mapmakerns New Member

Worst thing Herm did ... I'd have to think it was dedicate himself to the JETS for 5 years, dragging all these ungrateful so called fans to the playoffs 3 times.
    Sure he made his share of blunders but his record speaks for itself, he's noware near Martyball when it comes to playoff futility so JETS fans can be happy about that; but he did get them there all the same.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think he's just making things up, Cotch played alot in year 2 but we had a 4th string QB, 3rd string RB, 1 Ol starter who started and finished the year in the same position. NO WR was going to put #s w/ that offense. coles had just 845 yds and he was playing BETTER in 2005 than 2006 when he had 1100 yds.