Pat Pickups no Guarantee - CNNSI

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Green Guy, May 4, 2007.

1. rillo

rillo New Member

I really hope it backfires....but who am i kidding Belly is a great coach...sucks!

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This just in..."after extensive testing, Tom Brady and co. are actually human...not bionic robots as was previously beleived"...also, wtf with miami getting soliai...hope that one doesn't come back to bite us in the arse!

#3 brothermoose, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This is a great point the SI makes, and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up before - the Patriots may just not win the Superbowl next year. It's a thought that should be explored further.

On the other hand, we should all realize how much easier it will be for them when they win eight games by forfeit, when the other teams are frightened out of Gillette Stadium at half-time by the awesomeness of the greatest superpower since . . . well. . . I'm not sure who you could compare them to, but they'd have to be pretty awesome to rival the awesomeness of the New England Awesomes.

I'm confused and adrift. I don't know what to think anymore. It's just so troubling.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol maybe if spurrier or mike tice was the coach i would buy this.. but im selling this till proven otherwise.. BB is a great coach i dont see his team crash and burning cause they got better. and comparing there offseason to a snyder one is not a fair comparison.. the got one High privce FA in thomas and stole moss for a 4th rd pick. Stallworth deal is essentially a 1 yr deal.. i dont see any of the cap crippling moves made by snyder being made by the pats.

#5 hydro51, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The first sign of recovery is admitting it..and you, at least, are going in the right direction..perhaps too late for some around here. :beer:

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The number of threads of us trying to convince ourselves the Pats aren't way better than they were last year is getting embarrassing. If you say something enough times you'll really start to believe it ...

7. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

really a good article

the patriots success was based a lot on having a group of totally unselfish players who were all willing to make the sacrifices to win. I don't see all these big ego free agents coming to NE and geling like the previous Patriot teams.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm glad I kept reading , you made the point I was going to.

9. Sundayjack

It's a strange feeling I have. Hard to describe. Nearest thing I can compare it to is when Rita Zabow gave me a rough case of the cooties in second grade. Man, it took me months to recover.

10. gustoonarmy

I heard she gave them to everyone

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

No u have to win it on the field just ask the Dallas Mavs about that but I would trade the Jets team right now for the Pats team.

12. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

On paper, the Patsies clearly look great and they may very well turn out to be great. For countless reasons, however, they could also end up performing way below expectations which would the the basis for alot of harsh second guessing in Foxboro seeing how their offseason activity constituted a radical departure from their traditional player acquisition philosophy.

And for those of you who believe such talk is sour grapes rationalization (you're partially right) and that NE is the AFC Championsip shoo-in, bear this in mind: the more something looks like a sure thing, the more one should at least be cautious in their expectations. A few relavent examples of so called "sure things" clogging the plumbing on their way down the toilet might be the Russians at Lake Placid, the 1972 USA Olympic BBall squad, the 2002, BBall World Championships, Georgetown in 1985, Mike Tyson in Japan, the Dot.com boom, the 2007 Mavs and, oh yeah......the Colts in Superbowl III..............

13. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

As a Patriots fan, I am shocked that Sports Illustrated would suggest that the Patriots haven't already won the next Super Bowl. Talk about disrespect! You mean, the NFL is actually going to play out the season???

14. gustoonarmy

Going into the season in our div , all the pressure is going to be on 'bulging vein' Belichick. Not us

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

well, for all the talk in the past about brady not having much as far as offensive weapons, we're about to find out just how great he really is now!!!

16. Sundayjack

I just hope they don't let him use magic. Magic would screw everything up. We'd have to invent some kind of Cover-12 Defense, or something, because that stuff's just crazy.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Voodoo mon, we need to get some heavy voodoo going on his arm.

I'm thinking the Jets need a chicken-letting in here somewhere...

18. Sundayjack

Oh, see, there you go making fun, Br4d. This is serious business. He certainly could use magic, if he damn well wanted to. But you've now called down the thunder, so you'll get what's coming to you.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: As a result of recent events, there are going to be a few changes around this here National Football League. You all brought this on yourselves.

Effective immediately, the New England Patriots will no longer be known as the New England Patriots, but the New England Awesomes. Along those same lines, Robert and Jonathan Kraft will now be known as Robert Awesome and Jonathan Awesome.

Tom Brady will be known now as Hunky McFabulous, and he'll be throwing footballs this season to Randy Mawesome.

Tedy Bruschi's name will still be Tedy Bruschi - but so will yours.

Touchdowns will still be known as touchdowns, except when scored by the New England Awesomes, in which case they will be referred to as: "Of Courses." Fieldgoals will be worth seven points for the New England Awesomes, since they would have probably scored an Of Course if they really felt like it.

National Football League schedulers will be be revising the schedule to reflect that the New England Awesomes will play who they want, when they want, and where they want, and they will be on National television at all times. They will preempt whatever non-New England Awesome show is wasting everyone's time in that slot. Games won't just be limited to other NFL teams. Don't be surprised if your doorbell rings and you find the New England Awesomes out on your front porch ready to play, and CBS is trying to figure out how to hang a camera from your neighbor's cupola. Nor should you be surprised if, during the bye-week, the New England Awesomes conquer Liechtenstein just for fun.

In honor of this new arrangement, GIllette will announce a new razor - their third new one this week - and, thankfully, their last new razor ever. The new Gillette Awesome will look suspiciously like a plain ol' wooden stick, but when you hold it up to your face, the hair is mysteriously scared right down the sink. Don't even think about shaving your junk with this.

And remember, people, you asked for all this.

19. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Sunday! That was awesome! :up:

:rofl2: