Keyshawn Available.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, May 1, 2007.

?

Would You Want Keyshawn Back ......

1. YES

67.1%
  2. NO

22.3%
  3. Don't Care

10.6%
  1. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

No!

Hellz No to MEshawn. We don't need a WR that bad.

2. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

We can with a few more games with Keyshawn. He'll give us a nice option other than Cotchery and Coles. We have no consistent options behind them for Penny.

3. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

5. csw572

csw572 Banned

I seem to be right along with everyone else. If the price is right why not? He would play well with Pennington because he catches those balls over the middle and can take the big hits that Chad so commonly leads his receivers into. Having those three on the field (Cotchery, Coles, and Johnson) would surely lead to a lot of long drives and mismatches...From the opposite side of the spectrum i would like to see Brad Smith develope due to the adversity he could bring to the team.....Im on the fence

6. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I voted no but I changed my mind. I'd still rather a faster receiver who could stretch the field, but chances are someone like that isn't going to be available. Keyshawn will most likely be the best receiver available before the season, and he's better than McCareins, so I think we should make a run at him. Not sure if we will though, or if he would want to play here.

7. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

just give him the damn ball

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I still think Keyshawn has 2 solid years of being a legit player. and were in yr 2 of rebuilding. who knows, we could sniff a Lombardi trophy in two years if we get him now on a 3 yr deal and cut him in the 3rd year.

either way coles/cotch/keyshawn could be used in so many ways by Schotty JR. lock those 3 in the film room and get them to learn all 1,2 ,3 routes. then we could switch them at any given down giving DB's massive headaches.

if we got this done id be extatic

9. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Bring Keyshawn home!

Now that Carolina has released Keyshawn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2855468), it's time to bring him home to finish out his career with the team that he started it with.

At this stage, he'd make a great slot/posession guy who is willing to go across the middle and make tough catches in traffic that move the chains.

The Jets need another warrior like Keyshawn to take them to the next level.

10. Atopps

Atopps Member

Do you guys realize that Keyshawn will NEVER play a 3rd receiver role on any team? Unless you want to replace cotch or coles starting positions, Keyshawn makes no sense. Especially in a system where every position is open to competition, there is no way he will beat out either in the depth chart and could never play a reduced role such as the 3rd receiver. Can someone remind me why every player that gets released has to be debated on this board as a potential target for the Jets?

If we were running a spread offense, perhaps it might make SOME sense.. but he is so much slower now than before and has trouble getting open.. doesnt matter.. we got thomas jones and invested in offensive line for a reason. Keyshawn would never work on this Jets team

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

:jets: Thats very funny. When I log on sometimes all the threads dont display. I was going to start a thread to bring Keyshawn back. He's Matured (maybe) His mouth wont run as much (Yeah right) and he's that tall reciever that we could use desperately. He's got the ring he so desperately craved and now he can help a winner. :lol: :jets:

12. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

The Jets tackled a need for a slot receiver with Chansi Stuckey, and I think that Keyshawn needs to display more progress in character before Mangini will consider taking a look at him. Enticing possibility, however.

13. Atopps

Atopps Member

Nobody around here seems to realize that keyshawn would never accept a 3rd receiver role. plus he is not nearly fast enough anymore to be effective in the slot. Redzone is one thing, but he will not join a team to be their #3. He has no place on this Jets team.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Keyshawn >>>>>>>>>>>> Chansi

15. GreenMachine

Did you ask him?

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I disagree. Keyshawn is aproching 35 years old. He knows he will never garner the big bucks he was able to clown other teams into giving him. All teams employ 3to 4 reciever sets ,even 5 set. Look at the hights of all our recievers and the new rookie isnt big either. At this point He would be a good fit. We know hes in shape, he put up desent numbers for carolina., and he is 8 demensions better then Justin Mccarrens. I beleive every released player that is announced seems to be a pontential target for the mere discussion of that player like im sure the team does when news comes out. " Hey eric you heard they released keyshawn today" "Oh yeah" said eric Mangini. Could you imagine with the continued growth of the O-line and Thomas jones ,Chads play action will open up this year . to have Keyshawn johnson would be amazing ,or any tall reciever to go over the middle .

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I am by no means a Chad fan but Keyshawn is exactly what he needs. He will go over the middle to catch Penningtons passes and take the hits. He will also do something that most receivers don't and that is block on running plays. Throw real blocks. He also would thrive on the chance to get the attention of a Jet-Pat rivalry. There is no better receiver in the game better suited for Chad.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He won't play this season unless he accepts that role. And if he does, it will be a on a team that's nowhere near sniffing a SB.

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

In reality, do you REALLY think a 7th round pick is going to slide into the slot WR role? Hell, i'd be happy if Stuckey can be our 5th WR/Practice Squad guy...Pretty hard to be optimistic over a 7th rounder...

Let Keyshawn weigh his options and hopefully Mangini makes a phone call...Ya never know, Parcells could put in another recommendation to Mangini and Tannenbaum about Key...

20. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Marques Colston comes to mind. Pick #252 :smile: