Stop complaining, the Pats hurt themself more, than anyone else could!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by German Jets Fan, Apr 30, 2007.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

This is what a friend of mine (who?s orginaly form texas, a big raiders fan and is coaching here in europe for the last couple of years) answered me, when i asked him, what he thinks about the Moss trade:

This year I coached with Chris Dishman , who played with Randy Moss.
    He told us this, that when Randy did not get the ball, everyone(THE DBS) knew it. He would walk to the line, or trot real slow. But when his number was called he was alot quicker. He also said that even with them knowing Moss was gonna be the guy getting the ball thrown at he was such a great player, it was still a problem covering him. He then told us, that even as great as Moss was he rather play against him than with him.

I am glad Moss is gone. It was a mistake for the Raiders to get him and it will be a bigger mistake for the patriots now.

and i think that hits the nail on the head (as we here in german say:breakdance: ).

If u just see the talent, the pats made a great deal, but if u just see the talent, the Pats should never have been able to win a SB.

If u see it teamwise, the screwed up, everything, that made them so dominant for the last couple of years.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

From your lips to the fates ears. :)

It's nice to see the downside of Randy Moss described so well.

3. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

In thinking about it, the Patriots didn't improve themselves quite as much this year as we all think they did. Fact is, though, I'm tentatively penciling Moss in as an all-pro wideout this year. Unless he finds his way in to the Oxycontin, Moss is going to be everything we fear.

That's an interesting tidbit about Moss going to the line, though. Could be useful.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I believe this same argument was made when Corey Dillon came there and the story ended with a super bowl trophy.

5. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Corey Dillion was a straight-A student with perfect attendance compared to Randy Moss.

6. Br4d

Corey Dillon and Randy Moss were two completely different stories.

Randy Moss has been a loafer everywhere he's been as soon as the going got rough.

Corey Dillon was just a really angry guy who hated playing for sadsack losers.

#6 Br4d, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I'd still rather not face Randy twice a year. Especially with Brady throwing the rock.

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Right now Pats are paper tigers.... Lets see how it all pans out.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I find it sort of difficult to understand how anyone can actually compare Dillon with Moss. I'm so fed up with it, so I'd give my two cents here.

Dillon may have been a MALCONTENT, but that doesn't mean he was loafing. He'd still give his 100% in Cincinati when he wore Bengals uniform. It's just his off-the-field antics that finally forced the organization to deal him out of Cincy, not his performance on the field.

Moss? Do I need to add anything more? I rest my case.

10. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I never thought the Pats improved all that much. But every yahoo anouncer and comentator does. Especially with "Big Press" names like Moss. I like the A. Thomas addition, but not for the price they paid. Other than that, their draft consisted of giving away picks and MANY reaches.

Rip me apart for this if you must but when all is said and done, and the smoke clears I truely believe that the Jets had a better draft weekend then the Patriots did. I love the CB we got and I LOVE Harrison. The thought of Harrison and Vilma in the middle of the 3-4 Jets Defense gives me wood. The thought of Revis and Dyson on the corner routes makes me smile. Also, Chad having Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Cotchery, and Coles to work with at will be fun to watch.

I think the Browns had a great weekend getting Quin with the 22nd pick and Thomas with the 3rd. They also got some other decent picks.

Detroit had a decent weekend too. Good to see.

11. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

The Jets had a better draft than the Patriots, as of right now. We'll see if their OL picks are playing any of the primary positions in the next few years.

In truth, the Jets matched the Patriots run on WRs by their own run on DE/OLBs. It's essentially the same principle, but each of our guys have certain limitations on their game, and each of their new acquisitions has a knock on their game. I don't believe any of our acquisitions was an outright mistake, while I would say that Welker was a bad choice for the price paid.

Where the Patriots go over the top is the acquisition of Adalius Thomas. It's just a bigger and more important move than Moss, even if Moss becomes "The Moss of Old".

That's okay, though. This is a rebuilding process, and we're certainly not at a point where acquiring depth completes the team. The Jets made the right choice in acquiring talent.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Wes Welker is a decent #3 and a good KR...nothing to get all uptight about.

Kelley Washington isn't anything special.

Randy Moss has potential, but if he plays like he has or creates problems in the locker room...he won't be worth it.

Donte Stallworth is the best of the bunch...he has great speed...his only knock is that he struggles to stay healthy.

They didn't hurt themselves, but I wouldn't get too choked up about it yet.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The one thing I keep thinking about is how this changes what made the Pats so sucessful offensively in the first place. They went from a dink and dunk, move the chains type offense to what seems to be get the ball down field and fast type offense. I'm not convinced this is going to work for the Pats to be honest with you.

14. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I love it. Got any more defense mechanisms? :lol:

The fact that you need to start threads to convince yourselves that we are not good tells me everything. :up:

15. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Whether or not the Patriots are good isn't the question. You are. The question is whether your newfound wide receiver will be what he promises.

16. Br4d

Paper T-Rex's not tigers. And yeah we still have to see how everything pans out.

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I think Moss will behave well enough to make big contribuitions. He has never been on a team with a diciplined style like that Pats. I think he will be a big headache for us in the next 4 years.

18. Dirtywater

Riiiiight. :lol:

And FYI, it was a 4th Round pick, and he restructured his contract way down. Cutting him is easy. The real question is will be be better than Stuckey, who from the reports I read here, will be a lock for the HOF. :breakdance:

19. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Nice sig. :grin:

20. Dirtywater

Thanks. :smile:

The only thing I didn't put in there were guns. :lol: