W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Good post.

I wouldn't even call Moss tough. I have seen numerous plays where he pulled a Todd Pinkston and shied away from contact (both in his Minnesota days and his Oakland days). Moss plays in a tuxedo.
    Moss told Belichick he is healthy and wants to win blah blah blah. He also said all that when Minnesota traded him.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe. They say his veteran leadership helped Ferguson and Mangold immensley.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If that's how you rationalize blowing a huge lead in the AFC title game, so be it.

4. I remember during the first Pats game las year, kendall got hurt and Jones replaced him and did a helluva job run blocking as well as pass blocking. I wish they'd give him another shot at that spot or unseating Moore.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Let's suppose the two guys we drafted are high caliber starters and Clemens turns out to be great. If Jones can step up on the OL and play guard or RT as a quality starter than yes we are a couple of moves from being a solid contending team.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Veteran leadership isn't worth a lot when you're getting thrown around by 325 lb defensive tackles. That's what's happened to Kendall a lot recently.

The point about letting him go is that he's clearly on the downside at this point and the Jets need somebody next to D'Brick who has some upside potential to grow into a very good left guard.

We could just ignore the fact that Kendall's losing his edge until he turns into Fabini this season or next but that's not what a successful franchise would do. They'd replace him now.

7. Don

If Clemens turns out to be great then maybe we can. The few times he got in last year he looked like a scared rabbit. His first thought was to run. I know he was a rookie but I was shocked at how he looked. Hopefully, with a year under him, he will look a lot better when we see him in preason this year.

8. Don

I'm fine with it as long as Pennington doesn't get killed in the process.

9. iceman

iceman New Member

I will refer my judgment of this offseason until the end of next season.

10. Don

What fun is that? Hindsight is always 20-20.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. As football (No, I mean soccer) saying goes: The ball is round. Any team can beat any tean on any given sunday. Look, there is a reason why the 32 teams play the season out. Whatever you have on paper before the season guarantees you nothing.

2. If the FO thought this draft was a weak one, and acted accordingly, why can't you give them a vote of confidence? We've got a full season to see if their evaluation was correct or not. If their evaluation was indeed correct, we will know we came out with three (including Thomas Jones) legitimate starters anyway. If not, well. This is their second draft. Lesson learned. Move on, knowing they won't blow the draft like this again.

3. Pats moving on: What can you do about it? It is not even like there is a method to mind-control them in any way. They will do their things no matter what you do. The best thing to do would be to look at the big picture down the road, and plan (and execute) accordingly. I don't see any knee-jerk reaction from this FO yet, so I'll tell you it's a good thing.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well that's another issue they'll have to deal with.

I go back and forth between thinking that having the same 5 starters back for the first year in a half decade is good and thinking that they're just not good enough.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I wasn't impressed at all by him but I'm not sure how meaningful any scrub time is? We have now passed on Cutler, Leinart and Quinn, the kind of QB Clemens turns into may well define Mangini and Tannenbaum? Time will tell and who knows maybe we get the next LT and can win with a smart QB with no arm?

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

wow a moderator created this thread? what has these boards come to?

15. Don

1 -absolutely
    2 - Thomas Jones could get killed if we don't open more holes then we did last year. Revis could become known as "Toast" if we don't do a better job of pressuring the QB and playing him as a rookie. Harris had bad knees all three years in college and I hope he isn't injury prone.
    3- People only talk about the Pats because until Miami or Buffalo improves dramatically they are the team we must beat in the division to get to the next level. To ignore them would be senseless.

16. So b/c I'm a moderator I'm not allowed to express my opinion?

17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I think he meant you aren't allowed to have wrong opinions.

There is a such thing.

18. the_wanton_song

Nope... The Colts won that game fair and square. The Colts have had cushy schedules for the last 3 years while the Patriots have had what have been catorgorized as brutal. I'm confident the Patriots will have the home field advantage throughout the playoffs this year. The Pats get every oposing teams "A" game every Sunday because of their run...this year the weapons are back in place.

19. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

Wait. So the only fans allowed to post here are ones who a) belittle New England and act like their moves are "no big deal" or b) those who praise whenever Mangini/Tannenbaum take a piss or c) those who disparage the previous regime..

If you dont fit in those categories.. you aren't welcome?

Dude, I actually agree w/ the mod who posted it. And I don't think its an overreaction. The Jets IMO have done nothing to close the gap to New England. The gap has widened.

But with that being said, we have to realize it could take Mangini up to five years to get this team up to NE level. NE has been governed smartly since the very beginning and now they have the ability to just constantly shift and make moves and keep their teams contenders in this salary cap era. Ya, Belli spent $$$, but he also has two 1st round picks next year. He knows what he's doing.

We just have to be patient, but this draft is really boom or bust IMO. There is a chance these guys we drafted don't pan out. And if they don't, it's a really shitty job by our F.O.

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Colts also still have all their weapons and added a good slot receiver yesterday.