W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There's an old saying that applies to this....

" Money follows Money "

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with that. I think fans' expectations at the beginning of the season with the paper moves the Pats have made will be lower than the final result, same as last season.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Dude come on you have to have some faith! If Sprem Edwards can pull playoff runs with No sense of clock management and Paul Cant hackett. This dedicated and way above average front office and coaching staff can win it all. Tanny went out and got the players we wanted ,theres a new sherrif in town buddy ,times are a changin! Will you?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..good line. I'll rmember that.

Seriously though, we don't have Houston, Green Bay, Detroit, Oakland and Minnesota to beat up on this year. You can add Tennessee too as we played them in week 1.

Sure we got Thomas Jones but we didn't get Chicago's OL to go with him. People forget Barlow was a pretty good RB when he was running behind SF's OL too. Just look at how Frank Gore did behind them last year. We gave up a 4th because we thought he could help. He wasn't half the problem, the line was.

So, we have Jones but how are we going to open more holes for him?

Oh well..no sense in going on. I know you understand the point.

5. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

And I thought I was dramatically dissapointed in our draft. LOL, guess not.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We went 4 & 12 because they let the OL fall to crap and put on out of shape badly coached team that wasn't ready for the start of the season out on the field. Our OL is still a mess and so is the DL.

7. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Not everyone...I am actually quite happy with the moves we made in the draft. FA could have been better, would have liked to pick up a run blocking RT to give Jones some lanes, but not to many teams had an amazing FA period. The Pats did well, but they overpaid for some marginal guys. The Jets are on the way up...don't look to deeply into what people say around here...ignorance runs rampant.

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I guarantee every man in the Jets locker room expects to beat them, and on any given Sunday.

9. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

The Pats make, what? Like 3 picks? 2 in the first 5 rounds? And we make the same, and yet we're the dumbasses? It was a weak draft. After the 2nd round it was all mediocre talent. If you can't see it by what the Jets are doing, then just go gaga over what the Pats are doing because it's the same shit.

And if you weren't listening, Mangini is serious about tough, hardworking, and smart football players who work hard. Randy Moss is like one of those maybe (tough).

10. Don

The Pats did, Denver did and SF did too. Maybe there are others that I forget. All with the same cap we have.

11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Our line will be much better this year... another year under the belt for our 2 big guys picked up last year, and a it looks like we should have all 5 starters back. Our 6th rounder, I'd like to see him take over @ guard next to Brick giving us a really athletic left side and let the rest of em fight out for the right side. I think we'll be ok up front... unfortunately I see our record as 8-8 maybe 9-7 and a bit short of the playoffs.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually they went 4-12 because they underestimated Chad's recovery time from surgery and had him on the field 2 months too early. They signed an injury-prone backup in Dave Fiedler, which was a risky move given Chad's 2 injuries in 2 years.

But most importantly they allowed the offensive line to crumble by consistently allowing early to mid prime linemen (Kerry Jenkins, Randy Thomas, Kareem McKenzie) to walk in free agency and replacing them with a mixture of aging vets on the downside (Szott, Kendall), young guys without particularly strong talents (Jones, Moore) and a series of mid to late round draft picks that did not work out (Peko, Goodwin, Yovanovits, Cavka.)

All it took was a key starter losing a step (Fabini) and an injury to the rock (Mawae) and they had nothing to fall back on. That's what collapsed the franchise.

13. Br4d

Just like Jason Taylor expects to beat the Jets.

14. winstonbiggs

Just to point out, I'm not at all unhappy with what we did in the draft this year or in FA. I just think we are rebuilding and still have at least 2 years to go to be a real contender. We still have below average talent on both lines to really be a serious contender. I suspect we are going to be big players in FA when cuts come out but if your out manned at the LOS, you still have to win with smoke and mirrors and in this league you aren't doing that against big time teams.

15. Don

And do what with Kendall? Move him back to his natural side or what?

16. the_wanton_song

Are you freaking serious?? :rofl:

The NFL gave their poster boy manning his ring. It's one and done for them. Meet the new boss.......same as the old boss.

17. Br4d

The smart move with Kendall, if the Jets are committed to building the strongest possible team, would be to cut him.

Good teams cut players a year early (and we're not necessarily early here) before their play causes issues for the rest of the team.

18. Don

Are you saying in two years we can contend with the Patriots knowing how they operate? The days of playing for the wildcard have to end. A lot of teams in the AFC are strong. We can win 10 games and still not get it anymore.

19. winstonbiggs

For our line to make a big jump this year Jones is going to have to have the kind of off season that Cotch had last year. If Jones can some how get he's head on straight and turn into a solid guard or RT for us it would make more of a difference for this team than any other piece we got in FA, Trade or the draft.

20. Br4d

Jones at LG, just to see if he can do it.