W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Any way mods could change the title...maybe add "offseason" before "losers"? I understand the context, it's just kind of obnoxious to see that every time I refresh.

2. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

The Patriots are trying to buy theirselves a championship. Ask the Yankees how that's working out. Or better yet, ask the Redskins.

I'll reserve my judgement for the season. I'm not going to cry because we didnt have a third rounder and missed out on a chance to draft another Schlegal or Smith. We still have the UDFAs and June 1st cuts. June 1st usually yields some good linemen, in fact I believe we got 2 Clement and Kendall from that crop. Patience.

3. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

OL, DL pass rush run stuffer we ignored our needs.
    I like the men we picked but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I agree--How many guys can PLAY WR for NE at one time? Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Jackson, Washington, Calwell, or Gaffney?

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What were the Patriots from 1960-2000? Not much better than the Jets. Once the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady pairing gets broken up, they'll be back to what they were before.
    The best receiver addition by a top team this weekend came when Indianapolis selected Anthony Gonzalez, not when NE acquired Moss.

6. lightning

lightning Active Member

Yea they're not showing too much respect for Caldwell and Gaffney who came up big down the stretch.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Redskins, Yankees and Patriots are all different but you are right in saying they are all trying to buy a title. The Redskins have no clue what they are doing, year in and year out. They Yankees and Patriots do. Maybe the Yankees haven't won since 2000 but they win their division every year and at least get close. The money the Patriots have spent won't make them worse either. It can only make them better and they didn't need to get much better. They needed better receivers and younger LBs. Anybody who says they haven't done that is crazy.

8. Don

I can guess which ones will play and which ones will get cut.

9. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Don't worry, it's ok, because it's not like any of those guys get upset when their playing time is reduced. Randy Moss? Team player, I say.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Naw, it's the 9th seed in my opinion.

11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

See I'm not one who thinks we need to be great at all positions, but these are the only positions, outside of last years help that was added, that we were good at, and there was 0 depth behind it... I think thats more of what Winston was getting at... what we have listed above is a nice Core Group, but there was no quality depth, we let our better players walk on a consistent basis, or tendered them incorrectly... I mean the fumbles were countless, and prevented us from taking the next step.

And let me say this... 10 wins last year was ver schedule aided. We will be very lucky to make it to 10 wins this year. And we'll have a whole new "the sky is falling" sector born on the board.

Ellis

Ellis

12. Br4d

I really don't think we're going to have a particularly negative board this fall. The gap between the Jets and the Patriots is obvious and glaring at this point so very few people are going to go into the season expecting to beat the Pats.

A few will have negative reactions when we don't beat them and the rest of the board will probably be gently corrective and straighten them out.

Now if Raiderjeaux was a Jet's fan we might have a problem on our hands.

13. Don

We won't stay healthy an entire year again. That was a miracle and just doesn't happen in the NFL. We won't win 10 games and we won't make the playoffs.

That's just being honest, not critical of anybody.

14. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I read until the end of the OP waiting for the punchline... it never came :sad:

15. Mehl-56

I happen to agree, but to state that publically here... it's the equivalent of political suicide... We might be flogged

16. Although I will not step back regarding my opinion about the gap widening, I do apologize for going alittle overboard.

I live right in the heart of Patriots land and I just am so sick of the hype and winning ways of the Patriots that I want nothing more than to finally surpass them and have some peace of mind.

I believe the coaching staff, player leadership and many key aspects are there in terms of finally beating them. I felt it was important that in this draft we better improved our depth. I thought that was the most important thing. I love all 3 players that we've chosen, but really wanted to see more bodies to create more TC competition and ultimately a stronger roster top to bottom.

I see the Pats Moss move as boom or bust. It'll either completely implode "The Patriot way" or he'll go back to his Minnesota days and give Brady his strongest weapon yet.

I dunno bout many of you, But I dunno if I can stomach another Patriot SB run.

17. Don

I've been flogged so many times in the last two days here one more time won't matter.

18. Mehl-56

Seems we are in the minority in liking whats going on here... to quote a favorite of mine "Grab a pack of Zig Zags and let the games begin" - Snoop

19. Br4d

Don't worry about it. Eventually the lash marks go away and this still a great community to talk to when something Jets comes up.

[frequent lashee in years past]

20. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

So that is 4 new weapons for one of the best QB's in the league. You don't just blow that off because there is only one football, if anything they have the right guy to distribute those passes. For me this was a team that I thought was slipping and now it is looking like they have reloaded, and they did it with low risk chances like Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

Honestly I do feel Randy Moss will buy into the Patriots system in order to win, just like malcontent Corey Dillon did before him....

No one is crying, but there is a concern and it is legitimate. I am also not expecting to overtake the Patriots this year or any other in the near future, it is just bothersome to watch the rich get richer.

I never said more picks would equal greater success against the Patriots and I fully understand this quality over quantity philosophy being tossed around here. I am surprised however that a front office that has seemed to value having a surplus of picks in a draft would end up with only four in 7 rounds. I understand this *might* be considered a weak draft, but that is a Redskins type of selection number. I have no problem with the players, but I would have liked some more choices and feel the team needed them.

As for me I'll admit that I do take a certain pleasure in finding a second day player and hoping that he becomes a gem. It puts a big smile on my face to watch a Kerry Rhodes or a Leon Washington become more then expected. Sadly that will not be the case this year, its not the end of the world.

#80 Lunatic, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007