W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

If you guys don't like it become a pats fan. What could we do, throw money at Adalius Thomas, Send a pick we don't have for a disgruntled Wideout that plays when he wants to. Ok become pats fans, we dont need Losers like you.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

They took a SB ready team and left it 4 & 12. Spin it any way you want Junc but this teams roster compared to the real contenders isn't even close.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The pats have used the redksins bluprint for success this offseason, it looks great on paper but it won't translate on the field. They will always be great as long as #12 is playing but they made alot of moves that won't help them and they brought in alot of questionable character guys and overpaid alot of players. That's not how they have won in the past, they are despertae to recapture old glory- it's not going to work. Sure they'll win the division but this team will not win it all.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Yeah real depth...

Abe - Gone but way over-rated, and just can not stay healthy
    Vilma - a good starter - fringe of being a great LB
    Hobson - Roll player
    Rhodes - Rhodes is a star, but he's a step behind the elite safties like Ed Reed
    Coleman - made a splash his rookie year, but has been mediocre since
    Kendall - Kendall hasn't been a very good lineman for a very long time
    Baker - Again, over rated by so many on this board its rediculous
    Coles - Coles is Coles, and everyone loves him. He is a border line great reciever.
    Cothery - Cothery is a good and developing reciever.
    Chad - this is the only team in the NFL that Chad is a starter for...
    *** Edited in *** Ellis - has never quite reached the potential he had as a DE to match the talent he has. Again - he's been very Mediocre at best lately.

I wouldn't call that exactly stocked... Lets not over value our own players

Ellis

#44 Mehl-56, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  5. lightning

lightning Active Member

You don't open gaps with FAs, you open them with injuries and bad play from the other party.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Chad could start in Miami. Probably.

7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

That says it all.

Everyone step back from the ledge.

8. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

True... outside that... it's pretty limited. He'd make a hell of a back-up though.

9. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

The fourth playoff seed has our name on it.

10. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Maybe Kurt is being sarcastic because of all those who are complaining that we gave up all these picks. We really only gave up a 2nd round, 3rd round pick to move up and a fifth round pick or so. Were the other teams swap picks with us without us giving up anything? Kurt is the one who has been saying that DeWayne played very well towards the end of last year and now we got Coleman to replace Kimo plus a few other DEs/LBs as FAs and most people forget that we have Pouha, Mosley. The only thing that has not been addressed that needed to be addressed so far is the OL They tried to get Coloumbo from Dallas but he chose to stay put. We can still pick up some players later. If you don't like Revis, look at the pats first round pick. You like it?

11. Perhaps that is the case.

12. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

No one likes to live in fairyland, but all the moves by the Pats don't amount to anything until September. So what if they added four receivers in the offseason? There's still one ball to play with, and four teams thought they could do better by not resigning the guy the Pats got their hands on.

The more the Pats add guys to their roster that weren't around during their SB runs, the better I feel. Do you really think Randy Moss is going to change his spots? I don't. Third team in three years. Sure, the Raiders are dysfunctional, but what happens when Randy goes a half for the Patriots without a catch because Josh McDaniel is spreading the ball around. He's loafing the next half he plays.

I'm more concerned that guys like Bruschi, Vrabel and Harrison stick around than I am guys like Moss, Stallworth, Washington and Thomas join the Pats. Do I predict the Jets are overtaking the Pats this year. No, not necessarily. But I'm also not going sit here and cry to myself either.

And let me ask this general question: you'd feel better if the Jets added four guys on the second day of this draft that you may have seen play one game each, or better, yet zero games? Never having seen these guys, that would give you comfort that the Jets are better suited to beat the Pats next year? I don't necessarily draw the same conclusion.

#52 Mickey Shuler 82, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  13. nyjunc

Would you call it leaving a team in shambles? They left alot of talent, we lost in '05 b/c we weren't healthy- we were last year and we won again. If we are healthy this year we'll be better than last year and be if not a true contender very close.

In you evaluation of the players you make it seem like every player has to be great which isn't true.

Abe was a difference maker when healthy, he just never was and we got a 1st rd pick for him which became Mangold.

Vilma- He was a top LB until they swtiched systems on him but still played better than people think last year.

Hobson- solid starter.

Rhodes- one of the best, if not the best- S's n the NFL last year. he was better than reed last year.

Coleman- I agree, he wasn't that good in his rookie year but his play has deteriorated but you can win w/ him as a starter as we have won 10 games in 2 of his 3 seasons.

Kendall was excellent in '04, was moved arond in '05 and was decent last year. A very good veteran presence and a solid starter.

Baker- solid starting TE, good blocker and ok receiver but we don't use the TEs in the passing game enough.

Coles- not elite but in the next group.

Cotchery- I think he was our best WR last year.

Chad- one of the best starters in the league when healthy. When he plays we win, when he doesn't we lose.

Ellis- was great in '03 and '04, hurt in '05 and new system in '06 but still a big time talent and won of the better all around DEs in the league.

14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Send this to the NFL and have them just cancel the 2007-2008 season and crown the pats eternal Super Bowl champions.

Seriously its not the end of the world. 3 good players and tons of cap room,We'll be all right.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But #12 is playing. So does that mean they will be even greater because of the moves they made? That was what they wanted.

16. nyjunc

A SB team?:drunk: A SB ready team that had MISSED the playoffs 2 straight years and 8 of 9 years, a SB ready team that had THREE Coaches walk out on them- yep we were a SB ready team:rofl2: The team was ELEVATED under Herm, we MADE the playoffs his first 2 years instead of missing like in '99 and '00- you do have to get into the playoffs to reach the SB, right? We were 4-12 in '05 b/c of injuries, a 4th string QB started most of the year, a 3rd string RB, we had 1 OL start and end the year in the same position, we lost 2 PB caliber DTs, we lost our best defensive player from '04, we lost our best STer,... THAT'S why we were 4-12 in '05, wasn't it amazing how w/ a healthy Chad and the rest of the team healthy we won 10 games again in '06?

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You will find, as I have, that trying to look honestly at the current situation will only draw the ire of the fanatics on this board. There is nothing wrong with being a fanatic fan, don't get me wrong, but at some point you have to be honest with yourself first before you can be honest with anybody else.

18. nyjunc

Not really, they won SBs b/c they had high charcter TEAM guys and now they have overpaid for mostly average players. That affects the TEAM, they might be more talented but they arn't a better team. This is desperation- alot like the '01-current NY Yankees who have tried everything to recapture the latest dynasty days but did so straying rom the formula that created a dynasty.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

:lol: hehe

20. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

While I disagree with you, your point is sound. The Jets did not bolster depth at all.

But this is a fact: It's impossible not to be optimistic about Revis and Harris. Certainly, you can argue we gave up too much to get them, but they could easily start this year and excel beyond that.