W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Be careful when saying anything even slightly bad about the Jets. There are people on this board who would rather have their dog run over then hear anything other then praise for the Tangini era. It's like you are spitting on there mother if you don't agree with everything the Front Office does.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you have bested *on paper* by your opponent. The Patriots just seem to be one of those dynasty's with the ability to reload rather then rebuild. Honestly it's just too impressive not to notice. I am pretty upset about this and need a place to vent but this board isn't it. This is the land of Jets sunshiners who only want to hear about winning the next Superbowl, forget about the fact that we wont even win our own division.....

2. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

we do not need to bring in 7-10 players every draft. We do howeever need to bring in 3-4 immediate starters in every dreaft at positions where we have to have them? Did we do that in this draft? I know we filled an immediate need with Revis and Harris is a solid pick up.We also gota sstarting RB in Thomas Jones at a position that we desperatly needed an upgrade.We brought in a slew of DE/OLB in free agency.
    Yes we have not upgraded at RT or RT or the O line in general and we havent added any new reciveres but you cannot fill every single need through the draft alone.Some players will be cut in June and we still have two picks in round 6 and round 7 and undrafted free agency.
    WE CANNOT ADDRESS ALL OUR NEEDS IN ONE DRAFT!!!
    Last year we did a good job addressing the O line. This year we have addresssed our defense.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No offense Kurt but Herm and Bradway left this team in absolute shambles. The coaching job that was done last year was remarkable and we played an absolute tailor made schedule and had no major injuries.

It's going to take years to get out of the hole that Bradway and Herm created. The real problem is not recognizing how much better the Pats are than us in every phase of their team and organization. To think we could fix that in 2 offseason and one season is the child of over hyped expectations.

4. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

Threads like this are why I don't come by this board as much anymore. More picks don't guarantee that they get anyone better than is already on the roster. These are supposed to be 2 very good players, plus they still have 2 more picks, maybe players from last years draft can step up, or maybe they can still make trades. Try letting the season start and not sounding like an ass. If you enjoy whining you might as well root for the Lions.

5. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

So basically what you are saying is because we failed to address every hole on this team, and because New England, a championship caliber team with admittedly fewer holes, seemed to improve themselves. Our entire offseason is a failure, despite the fact that we are still only in year 2 of rebuilding mode? That's some faulty logic if I've ever seen it. Your post reeks of classic Jet fan defeatism. Your comment that the gap between the Jets and Patriots has never been this large is staggeringly moronic, we haven't even played a game yet, and the final roster has yet to even take shape. Who is to say we won't make any additional pickups after June, and end up solidifying either NT or OG? And to say we haven't even added any depth, is that something worth even addressing?

I called your post drivel, because you clearly are not thinking and are instead reacting out of emotion.

6. Boom Dawg

Boom Dawg New Member

First off stop comparing us to the PATS...they had the luxary of making these moves, we did not. As for comparing us to the Bears, throwing everything away for one pick, please....We got a possible corner for years to come, A very good 3-4 LB (hate to tell ya's, we def. needed one) and Thomas Jones. Jones is better then any running back we could have drafted. This is in no way a loss for us.

7. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I really need somebody to explain to me how some combination of Blalock, Paul Soliai, Mike Walker, Josh Wilson & Pick 167 puts us closer to the Pats. But Revis, Harris, Pick 176 & 235 has us in the dust????

YOu guys can't be this mad because Justin Blalock isn't a Jet. LOL

8. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

As a matter of fact, kurt, I agree with what you say for the most part. Until you made this statement at least. No, we havent landed the marquee big name player, or any players at glory positions(ie pats add 4 WRs). But we certainly have added depth. If you look at our front defensive 7, it is pretty much the same as last year, but with 3-4 more quality guys. Depth is not the thing to be complaining about.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Excellent analysis. This team has a *chance* of being highly competitive in 2008. As long as we don't backslide in 2007 and 2008 we'll definitely be there in 2009.

I still do not like the way they chose to rebuild this offseason. I don't want Thomas Jones if our first real shot is in 2008. He'll be 30 then. I'd much rather have the 37 pick to spend on somebody like JUstin Blalock or Tony Ugoh.

10. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

i was happy to see this thread because I thought it was going to be knocking Jets fans who whine and complain. Oops.

i should know better than to come by this board during the draft. it's usually about 80%-20% in favor of those who know better than the Jets FO.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm angry that Anthony Spencer AND Justin Blalock are not Jets right now. That's what this offseason has done to us. Not to mention the people we'd have gotten on 59 and 89 and later.

12. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I feel like your missing out on something here.

Yes the pats added a lot of offensive explosion. Although i'm not completely sold on stallsworth or welker, randy moss is a superstar.

so many things can happen in a NFL season that you can't predict.

why give up before we even play? they are a very good team, and the challenge of playing them will only make victory sweeter.

don't be foolish. we didn't get "duped". they wanted to adress the defense and they did what they thought was necc.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

this guy is miserable...what a joke man, how does one go about thinking this?

IN the NFL anything can happen

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd say this Kurt... but I agree with him... give yourself a couple days off :wink:

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They left the team in shambles????:rofl: :rofl: Yeah how could any team expect to win w/ Chad, 2 1st rd picks, Coles, Cotchery, baker, kendall, an extra 4th rd pick, Ellis, Abe, Vilma, Hobson, Rhodes, Coleman, etc... It's amazing we won 2 games last year w/ that poor collection of talent:rolleyes:

You know I like you Winston but you have gone insane w/ your attacks on the previus regime.

16. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Just like most other teams the Pats are still an awkward fall and knee twist by Brady away from being mediocre. If everyone here was Pats fans you can bet someone would make the claim that it was dumb to acquire another receiver when you sign two in free agency, give up a 2nd round pick for one and not to mention their first rounder last year was a wide receiver.

The Pats on paper right now look like a juggernaut, no doubt about it. But we play 14 games on the schedule against other opponents. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through them but come January '08 you never know.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Please people, let?s put things in perspective. I don't think I can stand another thread about NE widening the gap. Is it my imagination or last year, after a dismal tenure under previous leadership, we significantly closed the gap? And this year we went for 2 immediate starters in areas of great need and play makers that could change the tempo of the game....excuse me, make it 3 with the running back that can take us places for a change. Ok, so the Pats stocked up on wide receivers, some totally unwanted by the previous team with limited production left. Oh, of course Kyle Brady is now an awesome bruiser, but the same Jets fans could not wait for him to go. The Pats are doing very well on the draft picks and selecting a few key free agents that can take them over the top. BUT they had years of great rebuilding to get there. We started from ground zero in 2006. NE is a dynasty...give them credit. But we are closing the gap better than some Jet?s fan can accept.
    Enough about the Pats and more about the Jets.

18. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Dude, you really should definitely relax a little and try to moderate both your reaction to events and the ensuing overly emotional responses. With all due respect, take a deep breath and try to look a the larger picture instead of acting like the French Government during WWII. The battles haven't even begun and already you're thowing in the towel.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's pretty sad because by all accounts we've had a productive off-season. But everything we do will forever be compared against the Patriots who always seem to be two steps ahead of the rest of the league, so nothing ever seems good enough.

We're taking steps in the right direction and that's all that matters. The minute we get into an off-season competition with the Patriots is where the front office will goof up and do something dumb (i.e. the idea of trading Vilma for picks) just to try and "keep up" with them. I'm not panicking.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

on paper they own us....thats it...When they beat us like they did last year, then we can say they own us....again....until they, the only thing they have on us is a better paper roster