W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Anyone else feel gyped?

We sat patiently throughout free agency while our biggest rival widened the gap substantially personell wise between us and them. Our FO reassured us over and over again that we would make our big moves in the draft, adding talent, character and depth. Most of us had utmost confidence that was the case and that we would out-scout/outfox teams like the Patriots, potentially giving us a better long term chance to finally surpass them.

But we showed too much confidence. Sure, we added 2 great players( 3 if you include Thomas Jones) who will indeed be big-time contributors. But our young GM got too facy w/ trades, and showed too big of a head, and now we're sitting here at 230 on Sunday STILL waiting to make our 3rd pick, meanwhile our most hated rival has added a marquee # 1 WR for scraps and acquired yet another 1st rounder for next year.

We still lack depth, still need help on D, and the right side of our OL is fringe at best. yes the overall roster will improve due to the first 2 picks, some FA pick-ups and another year in a quality coaching program. But the Pats have left us in the dust, for the foreseeable future. The main reason is depth, and we ca sight this day as the reason 2 or 3 years from now.

The gap is larger than it's ever been. The Patriots will now command the AFC east for at least the next 3 years, and surely will win at least one more SB.

As much as I hate the Pat fans on this board, and how cruel they can be. There's nothing we can possibly say to retaliate, they own us, and most likely always will.

I give up and I've been gyped.

We all have.

***I will not hold back on my original opinion although I was reacting off emotion which i regret doing. W/ that said, I will make it well known that the thread is not referring to jet fans as losers, but rather that we are the biggest losers in terms of our FO's mistake in trading up. If anyone misunderstood.. I apologize.***

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

you should ban yourself.

3. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Jet fans are the biggest losers indeed.

Seriously, were you drinking before you typed this drivel out?

4. GreenMachine

Year 2 of rebuilding.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I really don't think there was anything we could have done to counter what the Pats did. I don't see ANY team as a real threat to the Pats right now. They may go undefeated.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just remember that this is a rebuilding year and we still have the 2008 draft to setup our real run.

We got lucky last year and had a rebuilding year for the ages. Well now we're going to have a real rebuilding year and we'll go into the 2008 free agency and draft period with just 3 or 4 unresolved holes. That's doable.

I hate what we did with the draft this year, however it wasn't necessarily a huge step backwards. If Revis and Harris pan out then we're in the scenario I outlined above and 2008 becomes a hopeful time.

Seriously, did anybody think we were going to contend with New England this year? I didn't.

7. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

this post is depressing. the season doesn't start til september

8. Tell me why it's drivel? Are you happy that we added absolutely no depth, meanwhile our biggest rival just added the final piece to their SB puzzle?

I'm known for being pretty optimistic on this board...but there is nothing positive to say about what has transpired the last day and a half.

9. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

It must be really bad when OJ is the voice of reason in a thread.

10. lightning

lightning Active Member

All this does is make the pats a powerhouse for 2 years MAX. Remember the age they still have. The dolphins D is getting very old and the bills are starting over. We'll be ok

11. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

The Pats own us? why because you say so?or because they traded for Randy Moss? the Colts own every team in the NFL. So what if the Pats are the best team in the AFC East? They are not the best team in the AFC. The Colts and Chargers are still ahead of them.I am happy with what we are doing, We are building our team the way we should.
    I am pumped, we pick in the next 6 picks
    Chill out man!!!!

12. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

That's silly.

The Jets don't owe you anything. All they can do is make what they feel are the right moves. They clearly felt that it was an overall week draft and they were better off getting a couple players they viewed as sure-fire starters.

How can you say the Patriots will "surely" win anything? This is the NFL. Anything can happen. If you really feel that, don't watch.

13. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Kurt, you need to chill out big time.

Randy Moss style, if you catch my drift.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I disagree. We improved at QB, RB, CB, LB, and DL, and our OL will be young and completely intact from last year, so they will inevitably improve. The defense made strides as the year went on last year, and with another offseason in the system, I'm happy with our team's improvements.

Granted, last year was fluky, so we will fall back down a little. However, we improved greatly personnel-wise. We'll be a much better team this coming year. Whether it shows up on the field or not, I don't know, but we will be better.

15. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

So far, I'm highly unimpressed. The team that misses the once a year chance to bring in a class of 7-10 young guys for depth and development hasn't done much for itself down the road. Ditka traded an entire draft for one player, what we have this weekend isn't too far off from that mark of stupidity.

I thought it sucked.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thread title is true. You do sound like a loser.

Not just giving them the division this year, but the next 3 atleast?

You are crazy man.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The pats made panic movs, overpaid for players and brought in questionable character guys. They didn't widen any gap btw us- we closed the gap. Don't be fooled by big name moves that NE made.

Getting Moss can be great and I think it will be but now they just completey wasted money and picks on some of the other WRs they brought in and you never know mentally w/ Moss. I think he'll bounce back but NE won multiple SBs w/o great WRs so that wasn't the key to their team.

18. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

im honestly considering leaving this forum because everyone is so damn negative

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

It doesn't matter how much freakin depth we would've added. None of that would've prevented Randy Moss going to the pats and none of it would've made a big difference in them losing. THE JETS FO CANNOT PREVENT THE PATS FROM MAKING MOVES

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So many things can happen during a season, that posts like these are crazy.

The Patriots appear to have built a great team this offseason, even though they did it Redskins style. And I think we know how Redskins style normally turns out.