We're gonna pick 4 players in the draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Revis and Harris better be good. If either of them don't pan out, this draft will look pretty bad in the long run.

2. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd rather get quality players instead of crap any day of the week

3. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

To your point, it obviously requires being right on the two guys you traded up to take (Revis, Harris). If the Jets are wrong about those two, then the errors are magnified.

I would also think that since we won't be drafting a ton of guys today and tomorrow the Jets will be a more attractive place for upper-echelon free agents.

4. KJet84

KJet84 Member

In order to win right now we need a couple of holes filled up..we need a better pass rushing OLB (unless Mangini thinks Bowens or Coleman could be that guy) and a run stuffing DT. Both Vilma and Harris are undersized at 235 and Im worried they will get swallowed up this year. Has Kris Jenkins been signed yet?? I wonder if Mangini has him in mind so hes not too worried about losing the picks

5. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Definitely the most accurate statement on the boards today.

"Tangini" needs to go back to Belicheck-Pioli school. Today they failed miserably.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I trust this management

7. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Lots of huberis to base your draft on 2 players. Almost reminds me of the Ditka trade for Williams.

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Awesome...you guys are freaking out again!...

The Jets will re gather some picks by trading Barton, Barrett, or MCcARAIENS...

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ditka was a great coach and an adequate GM. And he paid for taking his one shortcut with his reputation.

10. freeman24

freeman24 Member

Yes you can find a gem in later rounds but the same could be said for undrafted free agents. Keep in mind the Jets have scouted for undrafted FA.

11. willyot

willyot New Member

The Jets are still 10.1 million under the cap. They WILL be signing some more players before the season starts.

12. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Harris is 6-2 245....he's pretty much ideal size for a 3-4 ILB

13. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Honestly though..do you really think trading those players will get us anything of significance. We needed a 3rd Round pick to shore up the OL, DT, or OLB..i honestly think Harris was a bad move

14. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Come people I am like you guys that say we should have not given away all our picks. But, I am a person that has faith in our management. They are at least addressing our needs and with teams that are on the up and coming like Miami and Tennessee and teams that are already at the top like Cincy, New England (which we play twice), and Philly (which are all teams we play next this season) all have a potent reciever core now and they will be a problem especially new england. So the picks that we got are to me possible immediate impact players. Rather than have to fully develope 3rd and up round players.

Just have faith in the management they will do what they can to make this team much better. Now we can make trades for the other positions since the the other positions are not skill positions.

Just have some faith.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Harris is a good player but anybody who thinks he's going to be head and heels above Barton doesn't understand the respective talent all that well. He may be an improvement but he doesn't fix the Jet's run D if he's replacing Barton. If he's replacing Vilma then maybe a bit more of an improvement in this scheme.

16. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I think if they do get picks for those players,it will be FUTURE draft picks. Not for this season.

17. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Weaknesses: He plays faster than 40-time indicates but his lack of ideal top-end speed will be somewhat limiting at the next level. He has made huge strides in terms of technique but can still improve his hand usage and angles. He does not display great ball skills in coverage. Lacks great instincts as a pass rusher. Gets engulfed at the line of scrimmage too often and does not show the explosive strength to bounce off of blockers. Needs to continue to improve his upper body power.

This is from ESPN

18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh Jet fans.... never happy... we need to institute a crying towel and give it to the biggest whiner

19. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Yeah I have to agree. I know with time the sting will fade away and I will come around to the premise of having two legit starters being better then a 3rd round of Schlegal/Smith nobodies.

I was really hoping for a pass rusher though :mad:

Right now it feels like Christmas Day after all the presents have been unwrapped....

20. KJet84

KJet84 Member

People are just discussing whether or not we like the pick or not...I still don't understand why people cant post their opinions on the board without getting shit for it. I like Harris I just think we are giving up too much..that's all. I hope it works out though