espn mock draft....jets pick next....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Apr 26, 2007.

1. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Olsen, Coles, Cotch, Craig Davis >>>>>>>>>> Baker+Coles+Cotch+ 1st rd wr(Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, Rice)

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Ok......so you want to take a TE and a WR with 2 of our top 3 picks........thank god you aint our GM

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Do you have any kind of plan regarding stopping the run on defense or having a secondary?

4. Pride

Pride New Member

Jarrett isnt a first rounder and Rice is barely one also. To me there are only 3 or 4 players who maybe around that I would take over Olsen. Everyone knocks this kid like if we took him he would hurt the team more then help it. To me its Spencer, Blalock, Houston then Olsen. I really like Dwayne Bowe also.

5. King Koopa

We will see on Saturday......all I know is that Rice or Jarrett are much better players than Olsen and if we are going offensive weapon, it's gotta be wideout and not Olsen

I prefer Defense (Harrell or Spencer) myself though

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Jarrett and Rice have question marks themselves. Time speed for both of them are iffy. Like I said before, I dont want the Jets to take Olsen with the first pick, but have no problem if we did take him with the first pick. He is great value, just because you may think he does not fit with our situation does not you should make idiotic comments like he is not any good.

7. King Koopa

I don't want the Jets to take an offensive player period......that said, if we go offensive weapon, we should def go WR over Greg Olsen.......Greg Olsen will help us for sure but one of these WR's offers more value and will help us out more so than Olsen IMO

8. Pride

Pride New Member

fair enough. I personally think the pick should be Blalock or Spencer

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I do..score 100 point a game.

10. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

How about his numbers in college were not that good! he is rated to go in the first round because of the numbers he put up in workouts! He did not do it on the field. Also, he is injury prone!

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I think it's safe to say that it won't be like last year when the Jets pick. For the most part there were cheers with both of our 1st round picks. I think we can expect to hear very mixed reactions this year.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I would be happy with Olsen along with many others...

Alot of you are going way over board to bash Olsen.

There is a reason teams like Carolina and GB want him at 14 and 16.

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

nobody said anything about the history with TEs...what was mentioned several times was that we have much bigger holes to fill than at the TE position....

14. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

TE can be addressed in later rounds after some glaring holes get looked at. i know im gonna sound like a homer, but clark out of rutgers is a pretty solid TE....he can probably be had on day 2. hes like leonard in the way that hes a solid player, and a great character guy....def mangini-esque material. using a first rounder on a TE wouldnt be so bad if we had less pressing needs.

15. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

yeah, franks' production has dropped significantly, and carolina NEEDS a te....they have a solid D line.

we have bigger holes to fill, and GB, even though they are eyeing olsen, thats ONLY if marshawn lynch is off the board. hes a backup pick imo.

GB needs a rb first, and then (again, imo) if i were GB id try to bolster the D....they didnt lose their games by not scoring....they lost b/c they gave up points.

granted, GREAT TEs are tough to find, but olsen is way more of a reach....i think someone else said this too, but all of olsens hype has come out of the combine and pro day....his on field production doesnt get him in round 1. me personally, im not a big believer in the combine. if a guy can do it on the field thats whats important. anybody can have a great combine, weve seen some iffy guys have great combine numbers and they dont end up to be HALF of what they were "projected" to be.

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Olsen DID do it on the field...the only reason his numbers were average was because Miami's offense F'n blew...Give him a QB like Chad and Chad a TE like Olsen and both will thrive.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Trading down > picking Olson. I'd rather get the BAP at 38 or 39 and snag an extra pick then draft at a position thats not one of our biggest needs. Perfect scenario is moving down and still be able to get Blalock in my opinion.

So much talk about CB's though. I would guess at least one will fall into our laps at 25, and I hate the idea of trading up to get one if it means packaging draft picks to do it.

18. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

unless they look like Vernon Davis TE should not be a 1st round address

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yeah he can put a hell of a clinic regarding the combines

20. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

If we pick Olsen there will be one huge collective groan throughout jetsnation