Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio Afternoon Blitz reports Jets looking to move up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

Dyson has been hurt quite often in his career and David Barrett is brutal.
    How can any of you guys be happy with David Barrett?[/B]

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yes. Branch is a player who looks the part more then he excels. Obviously he was a good player at Michigan but he's a guy out of shape who doesn't bring it every down.

3. jetmike

jetmike New Member

IMO the Jets are going to move up for Adam Carriker. Read the reports on him on the hudddle report. They compare him on defense to Peyton Manning.

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Jim Herrmann, our LB coach, was the D-Coordinator at Michigan two years ago. He'll know all we need to know about Branch. So if we move up should Branch slide, it'll most likely be on Herrmann's recommendation and insight. If we don't touch him in a freefall, then you know that the concerns are legit.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

if we move up it better be Carriker or Revis. other than that we should sit on 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

When did Jim Hermann become the Jets LB coach?

I couldn't stand that guy when he was at Michigan. Always had overrated defenses under him.

7. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Don Banks at CNNSI.com in his mock indicates that Willis could be gone by pick 12 to Buffalo and that Pittsburgh, at 15, really need a linebacker but 15 is too high to take a Simmons from FSU. Given the value chart for our 1st and one of the 2nd rounders, it would put us right at pick 15. I wonder if Pittsburgh isn't the Jet's target (Assuming this rumor is true) where we could pull the trigger on Draft day and get either Carriker or Revis if indeed Willis goes off the board before Pittsburgh picks?

8. baamf

baamf Active Member

I believe he took over the LBs last year when Sutton was promoted....

9. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

If we took Carriker at 15, and then took a Josh Wilson in round 2...I'd be pretty damn happy.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

why would we trade up for Carriker when we spent the FA signing 4 DE's that are supposed to compete...and spent 20 million on Coleman...it makes no sense to do such thing...if he falls back at 25...thats a different story

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Our biggest need is DT, so if they want to move up for one, I wouldn't be against it.

12. Penning10toColes

First of all, if Carriker fell to 25, I would wet myself.

Second of all, I think we should draft a DE because there's no talent opposite Ellis, and if we got a guy who could do some damage there, maybe DRob's job will be a little bit easier, and he'll improve. I don't really believe in any of the guys we've signed.

And why should we trade up for Revis? Our pass defense last year was much better than our run defense (14th in passing, 24th in rushing). DE is the way to go for me.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I wouldnt be opposed to draft a DE, but with as much money we invested in Kenyon Coleman, and the signing of Wadsworth, Haynes, and Bowens...Its pretty obvious they arent going to draft DE with the first few picks

14. Penning10toColes

I never really considered that...To me, those 4 guys are just band-aids, though I see your point.

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I prefer to trade up for one of those two......or Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, or Patrick Willis......other than that, I hope Spencer, Jarvis Moss, or Revis is there at 25, if not trade down IMO

16. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

I hope the Jets just sit back and use their picks on the (I know dreaded) best player available.

The Jets need help and depth at several positions, basically giving up their draft for one high pick isnt going to win the super bowl.

I would rather solidify the OL and help the D with a CB and OLB

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Their has to be Ellis' replacement soon. And Kimo,Hamilton,Wadsworth aren't exactly going to be here long...

I like Coleman very much, but the Jets have to focus on life after Ellis considering his age and salary will be going up.

18. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

No! I don't mind trading up a few spots by unloading players or day 2 picks, but there is NO WAY they should package both 2's with 25!!!

And I don't think they will. I would be shocked.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i personally think life after Ellis can wait, we have to worry about filling the holes on our team before we think about preventing holes that can be here in a few years

20. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

It has to be Branch. He's the prototypical NT in a 3-4 scheme and we're probably trying to get ahead of NE, Dallas and possibly Pittsburgh. Most 4-3 teams don't rate him very high and that's why he's probably falling.

Cleveland is not going to take him at 3 and if he gets past SF at 11, look for a move up. If he gets past Pittsburgh at 15, Dallas is the next 3-4 team at 22. There is absolutely no way he gets past NE at 24. We'll start calling teams at around 16, all the way down to 21. That's anywhere from 4-9 slots. The upper part of the range, we probably won't do because it'll cost too much, but moving to 21 makes a lot of sense. We'll probably give up something close to a 4th-rounder (maybe #25 plus a third for their #21 plus a 4th) to do that. If we have a high rating on him, maybe moving to #14 (give up our #59) makes more sense.

Anyway, I like him as a player and think he's a great fit for our defense.