Fox Article about Jets primetime (lack of) games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Just like I said yesterday:

What we didn't like
    No respect for Jets: The double-digit win Jets, a playoff team last year, got absolutely no respect when it came to the prime-time schedule. And they are even better now with Thomas Jones. New York got just one lock for a national affair with its date in Dallas against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. I thought for sure the Jets would get three prime-time games. (The Jets-Chiefs game is listed as the Week 17 Sunday night, but that game will likely be flexed into whatever game NBC can obtain with the most playoff implications).

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

OH MY GOD LETS MOVE ON.

Who cares if we have primetime games? I don't. Iprefer every game on Sunday to tell you the truth at 4:15pm

3. jcjet

jcjet Member

agree 100%

4. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Why the hell do you care about what other people care about? You can ignore the topic if you'd like.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Believe it or not, the 4:15 games last year were losses for the Jets last year. i think they had 3, and they either lost all 3 or went 1-2

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

1pm KOs are the best , which is 6pm here , any later and I have to watch it 'as live' the next day.
    Not bothered about primetime either , just so long as I get to see the game.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Actually - I care. It is nice when we have them because I have a chance to actually SEE the team on t.v. Not so much that I will cry over it, but it is nice for those of us not living in NY and who can't or won't pony up for the football package on demand.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sorry, 1PM.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

The problem, to me anyway, is that ESPN is going to talk less about the Jets because they don't have to promote them. They won't be mentioned by the announcing crew, and will be mentioned a little less on Sportscenter. Now, the people that say "Sunday at 1 is the best" or "fly under the Radar", that's all well and good, but personally I have a feeling of pride when my team is talked about on a National level. During the SB when Michaels mentioned how "the Jets played the Dolphins here in almost exactly the same weather a few weeks ago", it brought a smile to my face. ESPN is Disney and they are all about promotion, and they will have less of a reason to promote the Jets this year.

10. Gmo41

Gmo41 New Member

yeah agreed, i live in VA and only like 5 games were played on TV.. we automatically get the damn redskins and than since i go to Virginia Tech we get almost all the Atlanta games so i wouldn't mind some more primetime games

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

IF you really want to see Jets games on the cheap , go to one of the many websites that broadcast the games.
    Personally whatever the cost was I would buy a season ticket (TV).
    Luckily for me I can sign up to NFL international season ticket which is hosted by Yahoo , it was their first year doing it last year and it was very very good , and its archived for 24 hours.

12. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I like 1 O'clock games anyway

13. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Get DirecTV - problem solved

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

15. Atopps

Atopps Member

Think about it this way.. a lot of players along with teams in general like routine and its easier not to have to adjust to playing on a different day/time. When you have a routine down and play every sunday at 1 and some games at 4.. things are more consistent. Hence, playing on monday night can put your team out of rhythm. Same with playing on sunday night, but not as much. Sucks to have that thanksgiving game using this mentality, but its give and take. you get one short week, and one long week.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Not an option for everyone on the board... would be nice though.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I dont care what time it is morning, noon, or night when we come out to play we are going to kick some ass this year.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Indy won the SB last year. Did they play on Monday Night....Uh huh.

Year before, Pittsburgh. Did they play on Monday Night?...you betcha.

Before that, New England......you seeing a pattern here?.

19. Atopps

Atopps Member

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Those 3 teams have been perennial contenders for years that have been going deep into the playoffs each year. If we are contending and have a good record by the time we hit the bye week, I'm sure we will get at least one if not more sunday night games. But besides that, for each team that did play on monday/sunday night and won the superbowl, there are many many more that played on monday/sunday night that didn't even make the playoffs..

at least my argument makes sense.. consistency can be a good thing when players don't have to break a routine.

20. Rib Boy

Rib Boy Member

Just in the past 10 years the Jets have been mediocre (1997), great ('98), medicore again ('99 & 2000), good ('01 & '02), bad ('03), good ('04), dismal ('05) and good ('06).

It's perfectly understandable that the league would not want to take the chance that they'd end up with a stinker in primetime.