Jets sign Wadsworth

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Mar 26, 2007.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Wadsworth pickup was a topic on around the horn

I was just watching A.T.H. and one of the topics was jets so i decided to watch the program. They were discussing the fa signing of wadsworth which i thought was interesting. Marrioti said it was a good idea cuz his knees are good now and still "young" adande said its stupid. I personally hate marrioti, but i thought it was kinda cool

2. B-B-B-Bennie

B-B-B-Bennie New Member

Hey, if this guy looked like Fat Albert, do you think Mangini would even give him a sniff?

3. addage

addage New Member

Daily News Blog had some quotes from Mangini re Wadsworth. First, he's in terrific shape. Two. Came through as a "Mangini guy". Said the combination of his interview and physical shape were the factors in the signing. When asked why he would sign and injured athlete who's been out of football, Mangini answered that testing this type of opportunity is what makes coaching exciting.

Hard to argue with The Man.

4. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Nicely said. Thanks.

5. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

If Mangini is giving him a chance then i am all for it. Injuries are the major thing that ruined Wadsworth's career so he could still be talented. And if it doesn't work out then we can say goodbye to him... not a big deal.

6. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

your name refects exactly what i think of your post. your a quack. he's almost 32 years old so he won't be anchoring anything for years to come unless it's in your dreams!!!

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you know absolutely nothing about football!!!!!

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

What, are you TRYING to get banned?

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

what? hes telling the truth

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

you wanna support that fact? right now your only crutch is DaBallhawk (hardly a ringing endorsement). if i know nothing about football, show me how i know nothing. don't just say it...u sound like just another DaBallhawk...trying to pick pointless fights with absolutely nothing to back it up...i showed you proof that this guy's got a shot, you two have said nothing at all in your posts

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So saying someone knows nothing about football just because they have a different opinion is "telling the truth"?

What the hell is happening on this board?

12. DaBallhawk

dude this has nothing to do with having a different opinion. thats not the point. lets say a guy calls tom brady one of the worst QBs in nfl history. different opinion i guess...

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

That's not even CLOSE to what he's saying. It's not at all out of the realm of possibility that Wadsworth could be a very good player.

Even if you disagree with it, the poster obviously backed his statement up with a legitimate reason for why his scenario may be possible. It's not just a black and white statement like "Tom Brady is one of the worst QBs in NFL history". He's displaying a knowledge of football.

14. MikeSLTJ23

Thanks, 10. I appreciate the vote of confidence haha.

15. DaBallhawk

"i'll do the math for you though...

guy walks on to florida state b/c he has no offers
    guy becomes top defensive player in the draft
    guy is very productive when he's in
    guy has ridiculous injury string
    guy out of football
    guy tries to make it back into football despite having a lot of money

tell me...you're going to shut out a 33 yr old with that kind of work ethic and that kind of ability? i'm glad you have nothing to do with the franchise"

yup, im impressed. he should send this little snipped to the front offices out there, they will probably offer him a job as a GM. i agree with you, he's really displaying great knowledge of football right there. kudos.

16. MikeSLTJ23

i think that post is actually a pretty sound post...it sums up over a decade of his life...showing that he was an amazingly talented football player, hit a wall of injuries, has since recovered from the injuries, and has the desire to play again and took the time and effort to get himself into football shape...i really don't see your argument and i believe i developed a sound one showing why he's definitely worth a shot, and yes, can possibly become a great player for us

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So he has that great resume, then he comes in and has a workout, impresses the coaches, and is signed to a vet minimum contract... and this is a display of horrible football knowledge?

Listen, I know your whole gimmick is to act like this internet tough guy, but there's no point in trying to argue everything.

Nothing he said is ridiculous. Infact, everything he said (giving a chance to a once extremely talented player who had injuries that shortened his career) is what Mangini and Tannenbaum are doing. So I guess you think Mangini and Tannenbaum lack any trace or semblance of football knowledge, right?

Your act is weakening. You can only act like an arrogant prick to every member of a message board for so long without it getting stale. The signs are beginning to develop. You've run out of material, and now you're just grasping for anything you can. Ride off into the sunset, DaBallHawk. You had a nice little run.

#117 AMJets, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Well that's a persuasive argument. You Convinced Me!

Some of you enjoy arguing completely of out your asses about the most irrelevent of topics. It is like people complaining about the Tui signing, he is the 3RD QB, WHO GIVES A CRAP! If he ends up starting the season is over anyway. And now complaining about the Haynes or Wadsworth signings. They are buried deep on the depth chart and probably won't even make the team. If they turn out to be good, the FO signed a good player cheap, helped the depth chart, AND can only improve the locker room atmosphere. If they don't work out, they're cut, no harm no foul. Honestly, is the 6th DE on the depth chart the last peice that is going to take us to the SB?

#118 dabrowsk1, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  19. DaBallhawk

i agree with you, matt millen.

oh and believe me, i WILL talk to you after training camp about this terrific football player. trust me. :)

well, if he makes it that far. but since hes in such great shape after sitting at home for 8 years and not playing any football...sounds great. where can i order his jersey by the way? i mean the price will only go up once he makes the pro bowl. :shrug:

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Don't you mean Mike Tannenbaum? He's the one that made the move we've all been talking about here, that you obviously see as the standard to judge the football knowledge of an individual.

I also never said he'd be a terrific player. But it was for the vet minimum, he had a great workout, and he has raw talent... there's no risk involved.

But thanks for making this so easy.