is the writing on the wall?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Mar 27, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

With all the FA Pick ups on the defensive side of the ball ,does this mean the Jets may go WR or CB in the first round . We have some big money floating out there with these new D-line pick up's. I wonder if wadeworth will get an out of whack contract like coleman did. This is a strange off season I cant remember the last time we had this many additons before the draft.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

If we go WR in the first round I'll kick the cat....Wait, I don't have a cat, does anyone have a cat to lend me?

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There's only one WR I want in the first round and we can't get him. I also believe we can grab a late second round CB and coach him up into a starting roll. Hoping for O-line talent here, I'm not sure that road grading is something that can really be taught.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

The latest 2 pickups, Wadsworth and Haynes, were more stabs in the dark. Neither may be around when the final cuts are made, but they were smart pickups. These are guys with talent that for 1 reason or the other it didn't work out for them and this is their last chance. They'll be here to work hard, and if it doesn't work out, no loss..

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If the contracts are highly inflated like Colemans. does that relate to a solidifying of the defensive line and probally a clear indication that they will go with someone other then a d-lineman? I dont claim to know anything about their posturing but with Popeat and Dyson ,barrett,Miller. OL and Wide reciever are the likely position they might choose.

6. Phyr

Phyr Member

They both got the league min.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

thanks for the uptake ,Iv been out of the loop for a while.

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Wadsworth and Haynes have great talent, but will never become good nfl players, but with that talent and that little money we pay them, i would like to keem them in practice squat only as D-Line Dummys for our young O-Line.

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

thats not possible

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets go WR on the 25 only if the best available player is a wide receiver, and then it would have to be by a clear margin.

CB, DE/LB, OG/OT. Those are the positions the Jets are going to be hoping fall to the 25.

11. The goal along the DL is to create intense competition for spots. Think about this...Aside from Ellis, we have 6 guys currently fighting for basically 2 spots(Coleman, Hamilton, Kimo, Haynes, Wadsworth, Ball), of which we have experienced veterans, youth, and hungry talent fighting for their last chance. Aside from D rob we have 3 guys fighting for 2 spots(Moore, Mosley and Pouha).

Now this is also before the draft where we will most likely draft along the DL. When you have a healthy mix of competition like this, it can fuel an entire unit and really bring true talent to the surface.Look for someone to really step up, and play to their potential to really solidy the DL along w/ D rob and Ellis

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

I agree with your post, but Ball signed with the Panthers yesterday...

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Awesome post, Kurt. Sometimes the most obvious things right under your nose don't jump out at you. This is going to be one, interesting TC this year along the DL and we'll be doing the same thing with the OL, I'm sure.

14. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

what happened to trevor johnson anyway? he looked incredible in the preseason..very disruptive from the 3-4 DE position. he had two picks in one game i believe, some deflections, lots of tackles etc. and now hes gone.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Johnson signed with the Rams

16. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Don't sleep on Sydney Rice WR South Carolina

But I agree we have more pressing needs. I'd be happy with O-Line or a defensive player. I want a shutdown Steel Curtain type defense.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

if i had one, id lend you one....i hate cats

agree, WR should not be our 1st pick...probably not even 2nd...3rd ill accept

18. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

There is only one type of cat I like.

A dead cat.

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I would still include Ellis in the bunch. How long has he got on his contract?

20. wesleywalker85

wesleywalker85 New Member