Jets Playing Cowboys On Thanksgiving. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rhodes_25, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Surge40

Surge40 New Member

Coleman comes back to Dallas and delivers 4 sacks on Romo. :lol:

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

GB at Detroit
    Jets at Dallas
    Indianapolis at Atlanta

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Wearing the Titans uniforms is a NECESSITY! According to newyorkjets.com, The Titans of New York played on Thanksgiving in each of their 3 years in existence, winning all three games...

Therefore, the Titans jerseys is imperative!

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That's right and don't forget Miami beat them pretty good on Thanksgiving 2003 - Regardless of their Thanksgiving record this is definately a winnable game for sure....

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I still think it will be Miami at the Jets opening day...... :up:

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I remember last year one of the commentators on bird day brought up a good point. He said that the away team may actually have an advantage during holiday games because they're on a business trip while the home team can get wrapped up in the whole family thing. I don't know how true it is, but it made sense to me.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This is awesome...... but my mom's going to be pissed though :breakdance: Dad & I : :drunk:

8. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Dallas and Detroit own playing on Thanksgiving.

Really cool link about the history of the Turkey day who's who and who played.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/thanksgiving.jsp

Or this one.
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Detriot-Lions-278/Thanksgiving-Day-games.htm

9. boomer

boomer Active Member

This is the only day of the year that teams should actually wear throwback unies.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm not liking this game on Thanksgiving or the throwback talk.

First, the game. I like to watch Jet games without any distractions. A house full of people is a major distraction, even though my family is made up of Jet fans. Who needs the stress of a holiday, the stress of having to host the family or the stress of having to travel on the worst travel day of the year in the NYC area and have to plan all that around a game that will take place right smack in the middle of meal time?????? I think it sucks that the Jets have this game. The only good that will come of it is that, hopefully, the Jets go another 25-30 years before playing on this day again. The only thing worse would be for the Jets to play a home game in that ridiculous new NFL Network Thanksgiving night game. Can you imagine having to drive to that game on Thanksgiving? Talk about family disharmony. Please NFL don't ever schedule the Jets to host a game on Thanksgiving.

Second, the whole throwback thing escapes me. The Jets have one of the best looking uniforms in the league and, except the current unis being a couple of shades darker green, they are throwbacks that were worn from 1964 through 1977. The green uniforms from the 80's and early 90's were ugly. I had a Boomer Esiason jersey from that era in my closet and when the current uniforms came out and I hung the Boomer jersey in my closet next to the new unis, it looked like a leisure suit in a closet of Armani suits. I had to throw it out it looked so bad. I think the Cowboy throwbacks are bad enough. I hope the Jets have the class to wear their current uniforms. As for the Titan jerseys, they make the 80's jerseys look good. The Jets are green. The Titans wore blue. Why would the Jets wear blue uniforms from a franchise that time forgot in front of a national TV audience. If they wear the Titan blues or the 80's green, I will be sure to lose my turkey dinner while trying to shut up my family as I struggle to concentrate on the game.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It is an honor and a privilege for you to watch the New York Jets on Thanksgiving.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I also do not like throwback uniforms. Earlier in this thread, I suggested that if they must wear them, they might as well wear them on 11-22-07.

If you are hosting the party, watch the game in a room by yourself. That's what I'll do. My family has the rest of the year to talk to me. I don't allow myself to get distracted when watching Jets games.

13. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

I'll be wearing my Jets jersey to the dinner table this thanksgiving

14. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I didn't even think of this. Great idea!

15. burkettbeststp

burkettbeststp New Member

I remember watching that Jet Detriot game on Turkey day in the '80's boy I was embarrassed to say I was a Jet fan that day. That was a disaster.

As for this year it will be an intense game. Could have playoff implications for us. Also the Jets I believe received permission to wear the throwback jerseys twice next year. I assume one home game and maybe the Thanksgiving game. I know the Lions wear the throwback for that game.

16. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Suhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

17. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

a doooooomsday thanksgiving in dallas, jets baby !!!

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hell just froze over. I'm happy, yet in a suspended state of disbelief.

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I wore my Jets shorts and long sleeved tee this year... I was too damn tired to get dressed... looks like it'll be the same this year since I can't put my Jersey on till 5 minutes before kickoff

20. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Dallas is 4-6 in the past 10 games on thanksgiving.