FOX gives FA grades; not impressed by Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Mar 20, 2007.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I guess you hve to spend money to do a good job. Oh well.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Exactly.

FOX should just keep showing us the games, I don't need to hear their ridiculously retarded opinions.

3. section134

section134 Active Member

fox is saying what i said yesterday---the jets have been very silent in FA

coleman was a back up LB for the 'boys and barnes for askew is a wash

to catch up to the pats the jets had to improve the players ----through the draft ---trades and FA

this article is about FA where the jets have lost ground to the pats---its not about trades or the draft

4. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Then you and Fox can spoon each other in the short bus...

We are still building a team. New England has their team, they have their system, and it gets them into the playoffs every year. They can afford to sign a bunch of overpriced FAs. We cannot.

Despite what you think this is likely not "Our year." The Jets FO is doing this the right way. Build us a contender not a fluke team.

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I wonder if they wrote that article before Joey Porter went insane. I'm sure he's already making the Fins sad they signed him. Miami is and always has been about winning!

6. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

And you don't win or lose FA, just like you don't win or lose draft. How do you know that Coleman doesn't turn out to be the best signing this offseason? You don't not until the team sets foot on the field and play the game. You can not "lose ground" during FA, and you can't "lose ground" during the draft. This isn't the second season of the NFL. It is where a teams gets the players it thinks it needs to win. Whether or not it works out can only be determined on the field. Comparing now is like throwing darts at a dartboard because no one knows if any of these players will produce.

How do you know that the ONLY players the Jets wanted to get were Coleman and Jones, while resigning Cotchery and Thomas? If so, they accomplished their goals. Whether it works out will only be determined on opening day.

People have to lose this mentality of winning or losing during FA, or winning or losing the draft. The only thing that matters is the coach getting the players he needs and how it translates onto the field. If they win, who really cares where the players came from.

#26 dabrowsk1, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Now we have 2 retarded threads, thanks a lot.

BTW Coleman was not a backup LB. Barnes is a true FB not an HB wannabe so not a wash.

Jones was acquired in the Free agency period. It was a sign and trade. Very similar to the Welker deal. Yet every one is lining up on their collective knees to blow Pioli and Bellichick for that move, while the Jones trade does not count. That has me scratching my head.

Jesus chrst, I guess we are going to have to endure 50 more threads on why the Jets did not ruin their salary cap because the poster wanted them to over spend on shitty free agents............ again and again and again.

BTW for future reference for the Jets to catch up to the Patriots in free agency we had to sign a Hall of Fame Quaterback with a rocket arm that is money when the game is on the line, 2-3 elite if not hall of fame caliber defensive line players. When the hell were they available this free agency period ?

Please stop the bellyaching already.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I wonder how he types with Belli's and Brady's cocks in each hand

9. phatnols

phatnols Member

I guess they rated the Redskins #1 last year with all of their signings.

And those signings were bad.
    Archueleta was already traded for a 6th rnd pick
    the Wr from San Fran I think only got 15 catches
    Randel El has done nothing for them

This article is crap. It seems that every yr the top FA's end up being busts
    there are exceptions Brees and whoever Denver signs at Rb.

10. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Would love to see these writers do a follow-up article around mid-season or post-season and re-grade FA.

That being said, I think Kenyon Coleman holds the key to our "free agency" grade.

If he turns into another Kenny Neil and can play the run and ring up 7 or 8 sacks for the season, I think the Jets deserve an A.

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You know almost as little as the guys who wrote that article.

12. The bottom line is, this was a pretty poor FA class, one that caused players value to inflate to ridiculous proportions that frankly went way beyond their worth.

W/ the state of our team still in need of building a young foundation, it just wasnt worth overspending on these guys. We may not have been proactive, so we dont deserve a GOOD grade, but we dont deserve a bad one either.

13. billybob

billybob New Member

Agree 100%

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

No it wasnt Jones was under contract with the bears. it was an official trade. Wes welker was RFA.

jones has nothing do with Free Agency.

15. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

now this i agree with. but if the rating is for FA. the jets grade isnt high. we sign underdogs who were never starters. which is fine but it doesnt deserve a high grade. atleast not this early.

16. GreenMachine

Welker was traded....:wink:

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Very true. I'm not saying that some of the players picked up have not been good people to bring in, but some of these teams have paid through the nose for these guys to the point of crippling many other moves.

And let's not forget it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, which is why "grading" our spending to date is a premature, foolish waste of time. The only fair evaluation of how well the $109 million was spent will be after all is said and done. If we're making some kind of move in the draft, for example, our "grade" can easily change (and probably will). And as someone else pointed out, some of our other signings to keep existing talent have been money in the bank.

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He said Jones was acquired during the free agency period, which is true.

19. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

he still was a RFA.

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

thats true. but he wasnt acquired through FA. it was still a trade.