WIll Ferguson ever become elite?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Blitz4Life, Mar 8, 2007.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

All things considered I thought he did a hell of a job last year. A little power and I think we have an ALL-PRO on our hands.

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

^nice avatar...

3. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Are you serious??

Leberfeld also states that cutting off your genitals is a sure fire way to gain popularity... You gonna believe that?

It's one thing to formulate your own opinion but to sit there and quote a professional bullshit artist is beyond me.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Hey i'm not disagreeing with you...

I was pro-Leinart from Day 1 and still think he will be very good...But the selection of Brick, i'm perfectly fine with...He did a good job and he shut me up most of the season...I back the pick and i'm for it...

But you and I both know...Once Cutler or Leinart start doing good, the threads won't stop on how Tannenbaum/Mangini messed up not picking either of those QBs...It's how Jets fans/TGG are...I'm still the same way about Bryan Thomas/Ed Reed, but that's legit to me, even after Thomas' breakout year, still would much rather have Reed...

Anyway, no matter what, if Cutler or Leinart do well, you know their will be discussions on them for years upon end...Whether we like it or not.

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That was a GREAT comeback bro...He didn't say a word after...Hydro is still my boy, but Hydro just got Served:breakdance:

6. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

d'brick needs to put some weight on before he becomes elite. until then, he's a JAG.

7. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Actually I think the kid had a SOLID season being that he played LT ALL SEASON as a ROOKIE.

Could he have done better? Yes, but AGAIN he was a rookie and the RE's he was facing were not only some of the AFC's best but some of the NFL's best and he did pretty well.

It's too early to question this kids ability, he'll be ok.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Pleae, man. Some guy who failed gym says he's a bust and cites stats. Stats for an O-lineman are stupid, he had one or two bad games and gave up some sacks. The guy was a rookie, maybe Leberfeld was the ESPN guy who said he would be a bust going in and had that pre-conceived notion.

Pennington stayed upright for 16 games for the first time in his career and we didn't have much of a running game to speak of, yet we still made the playoffs. Our defense wasn't exactly confused with the 1985 Bears, either. I think Brick and Mangold both played as well as you can expect rookie O-linemen to play.

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, IMO, Brick played about as well as I thought he would. I figured he would have his good games and also some bad games mixed in.

Mangold, however, far exceeded my expectations. I figured he would struggle at times as well, but he never really seemed to struggle at all. Excellent pick by Tangini last year.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No it was Golic who said those negative things about Brick

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I personally don't expect every player to become "elite". Playing good solid football, mistake free is good enough. But expecting someone to be elite just because someone drafted them 1, 2, 3.. etc is a little out there. Teams do their best to get the best player they can when it is their turn to draft, but drafts aren't exact sciences. What looked good on paper doesn't always convert well on the field for your team.

What we got in Ferg last year was incredible. He started the whole year and did pretty damn well for a rookie. Give the guy a couple more years and see how he develops. Right now I don't see anything to be complaining about though.

12. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

Actually, it's possible. Solid rookie season.

#52 OJDidIt, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  13. championjets69

Your post is really perfect cause it describes why the NYJs have been loser for the past 38 years & still counting.

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Why? Because they don't have elite players at every position? Show me a team that has elite players at every position and I'll show you a team that should never lose another game.

15. championjets69

The point I guess is so far over your head that it zoomed by U just like a rocket speeding into space would

16. Italian Seafood

I agree. That's why I said they played as well as you could expect, but yes, in Mangold's case better. But he doesn't have a top 5 pick to justify, either.

17. Italian Seafood

Well, he definitely failed gym. Brick could beat his fat ass twice on the same play if he had to.

18. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

^^^ Somebody just got owned!!!!!!!!!

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

No, I understand your point perfectly.

I'm just trying to show you that no one can expect to have elite players at every position. If someone expects to have elite players at every position, they're either delusional or just plain ignorant. Which one are you?

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He could be both. :up: