A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Ten

Ten Active Member

There are two QBs still on the board who I would of took before him,I'm quite surprised these two QBs have slid this far.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

Age is impacting a lot of people's picks in my estimation. Many people are being overlooked because of age

3. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

The only QB i would probally take if age wasn't a factor thats left is McNair since hes a proven leader and former NFL MVP

4. Pride

Pride New Member

nice pick ten, he was a guy i had my eye on. I thought you were ranking teams after the last round.

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

I dont know, I see alot of people kind of bending the truth.

Quentin Jammer came into his own last year ??? Did I miss something ?

6. Ten

Ten Active Member

And indeed I shall,we've got half a team of starters now so it seems as good a time as any to rate them.

1.Murrell2878

Not really built for the future but built for now,his team has the best QB,LT and G in football.He's followed it up with picking good defensive players at key positions.A great offense and a very good defense so far.

2.TheChadManCan

Very good skill position players in Hasslebeck,Larry Johnson and TO and offense but has an impressive o-line to boot.That will be a tough offense to stop.Got some good players on defense but still nobody in the secondary.

3.Jonathan_Vilma

I like how JV is building the team,two very good lines and has build his team on a strong rushing attack.The only thing I shall say is that I think you reached when you picked Pennington.

4.King Koopa

A great defense with all the parts needed for a 3-4,and all the players are pretty young too.Needs to start adding to the offense but the 3 players on offense are good players.

5.DrewAlmighty

Some great players at the skill positions on offense and has his anchor in place for the o-line,although he's need to start adding to that o-line.I like the linebacking core on defense.Could use a corner.

6.Mantana Soss

The only player that you've picked who I don't like is Vernon Davis(He's got all the upside but still hasn't proven himself).Still need a QB though and more players for your front 7 on defense.

7.DonnieIsTheKing

I love the right side of this o-line and there are some really good players on defense.I'd recommend going with a 3-4 defense though,even if Briggs and Sapp won't be great fit.

8.MSUJet85

Got some good players on offense although I'm not a fan of the Eli pick.A solid defense so far although Trotter works best when he's got good players in front of him.

9.Coach K

Solid team all round,could use a right tackle though for your lefty QB.

10.jets526

No bad players on this team,no great players either.Good team across the board but should probably switch to a 4-3.

11.dwalsh

Same as above although I'm not a big fan of the winston pick.I'd add to the o-line over the next few rounds.

12.WhiteShoeWillie

Some dangerous playmakers on offense but I could see it struggling with bigger defenses.Solid defense.

13.bigalxc

Some great playmakers on offense but none to really get them ball.Nice defense but you've got two injury worries at DT and weak side LB.

14.MParty7441

Some great players on defense but I strongly recommend switching to a 4-3.Offense is a bit bare.

15.AnyGivenSunday

A like/dislike team.I like your passing attack,dislike the running game.I like some of your defensive players but I dislike the formation.I'd switch to a 4-3 as it would suit Fletcher and Haynesworth better,although you kind of take away Adalius Thomas in a 4-3 defense.

16.Wolfe Tone

The opposite of Murrell's team,built for tomorrow rather than now.You are kind of stuck with two weakside linebackers in Hawk and Sims as well.No o-line as well,although Youngs mobility make it less of a priority I suppose.

17.devilonthetownhallroof

Sorry Devil,someone has got to come last.It's the fact that it's all offense and no defense.I'm also not a big fan of taking Bulger with the 9th overall pick.It's a pretty good offense though and you do win the award for best team name.

My own team

I'm happy I covered the important positions QB,LT,DT and pass rusher.I like how my O-line is shaping up but not so much my defensive front 7.I'm pretty happy with my team in general,a good team with upside.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He was a pretty solid corner.....????

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I like DrewAlmighty's O so far possibly the most.......Devil has a nice O, but his D will obviously suffer

I really believe my d is the best for now and most importantly the future so far and fits my 3-4 scheme perfect.....It will be a sack/turnover machine

Trevor Pryce (11 sacks).... Casey Hampton tying up blockers in the middle.....Don't want to leave Tommie Harris one on one as he is also an excellent pass rusher......on the outside if I rush my 2 OLB's Kamerion Wimbley (11 sacks) or Demarcus Ware (12 sacks) how are teams possibly going to block those 5 guys coming at you?? My 2 ILB's are also excellent blitzers and the blitz can truly come from anywhere (Brandon Moore-6.5 sacks and Derrick Johnson- 5 sacks)......Ed Reed playing centerfield on all of the qb pressures and hits and I have a recipe for a truly disgusting D.....forget about running the ball either with my front 7, not happening........everyone except for Pryce is under 30

My offense will not be a good one most likely, but I have plenty of guys left on my radar, and I have a good foundation with Colston, Cotchery, and Edge......overall, as you can see, I really believe in a good D and building for the future

Mparty has a lot of talent on D but the mix of scheme/players don't add up too well.....a move to the 4-3 and your D will be top of the line, but even in the 3-4 it is still beastly.....just too much top-notch talent

#688 King Koopa, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Now that I look at it I think that is some good advice you gave me about switching back to the 4-3. I've been going back and forth but after just writing it all down I like it better in the 4-3.

King Koopa: I don't know if you got my message about the fantasy baseball keeper league but let me know if you want to do it.

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

ok, due to the advice, I'll do the 4-3

11. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

ouch, my team doesnt even crack the list.

12. Ten

Ten Active Member

You hadn't updated your team in the roster thread so I didn't rate it.

13. Pride

Pride New Member

picked Mike Brown, any thoughts?

14. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

^Solid... he's a good producer on both sides of the ball.

15. DonnieIsTheKing

Thanks for the very good breakdown on the teams. I am very happy with the right side of my line too, and I don't think I could have put a better run blocking duo over there. I don't have a running back to run behind those 2 yet, but there's still a lot of depth on the board at HB (a main reason why I didn't snatch an elite guy).

I think with the 3-4 I wouldn't do very well. When I drafted Merriman I had the intention to go 3-4, but all the good NT's left the board early and I didn't want to be weak at that position. With my personnel I'd have to put Maake there, and he's a lazy piece of crap. Merriman is the only player out of position right now, but with his size and strength I don't think he'd have a problem at 4-3 end (he's 15-20 pounds heavier then some elite ends like a healthy John Abraham).

16. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Love the Newman pick, steal.

17. Pride

Pride New Member

dwalsh timed out, donneistheking is on the clock. By the way donnie, i picked mike brown not tight. It says that tight took him in the pics overview

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This was the biggest steal of the draft so far IMO. Nice pick.

19. Pride

Pride New Member

I was a little rough on your pick before, so let me be the first to say nice pick in santonio holmes. You also forgot to put mike brown as my pick not tight's pick.

20. DonnieIsTheKing

Damn I screwed up with that again? Sometimes there are missed picks galore and I just go straight down. I'll go look through it again and fix it.

And thanks for Holmes. I think my receiving core compliments themselves well.

#700 DonnieIsTheKing, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007