Thomas Jones traded to the Jets...Deal Complete (Merged 5X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Again, it was BEFORE I knew about the 2nd round pick we received, so go suck a dick.

2. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

I'm here in Chicago and on the local radio, espn1000, they're main Bears beat guy is at their HQ at Halas Hall and he says the deal is contingent on Jones through his agent Drew Rosenhaus signing a contract extention and that the teams have until noon tomorrow to agree on the extension. Has this been posted yet? If so sorry. But maybe you haven't heard it because I heard it on Chicago media

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

If it was for the 2nd pick only it would be still a heist. What fans.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Breaking: Jets Acquire Thomas Jones
    After three quiet days in free agency, the Jets sprang to life tonight, completing a trade for Bears running back Thomas Jones.

The deal is contingent upon Jones agreeing to a new contract with the Jets and passing a physical. He has one year remaining on his contract, at $2.25 million. Obviously, the Jets want to sign him to a long-term deal.

The trade won't cost the Jets any draft picks. They traded the highest of their two second-round picks (No. 37) for Jones and the Bears' second-rounder (No. 63).

The Jets kept their other second rounder at No. 59.

After losing Curtis Martin to probable retirement, and cutting Kevan Barlow and Derrick Blaylock, the Jets were in the market for a feature back to pair with diminutive dynamo Leon Washington.

They flirted with ex-Titan Travis Henry, talking with his agent several times over the weekend. But yesterday Henry signed a five-year deal with the Broncos that included $12 million in guarantees.

The Jets probably will have to commit at least that much to Jones, who rushed for 1,210 yards last season for the NFC champions.

After a slow start to his career, Jones, the seventh overall pick in 2000 by the Cardinals, blossomed in Chicago. He rushed for 1,335 yards in 2005. But he was unhappy with his role after the Bears chose Cedric Benson in the 2005 draft.

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/jets/archives/2007/03/breaking_jets_close_to_acquiri.php

5. GeorgeJETSon

GeorgeJETSon Member

Just what we need is another running back who averages 2 yards a carry. It's an upgrade, but not much.

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

No, it wouldn't have. If the Seahawks and Colts can't get second rounders for Alexander and James, there is no way in hell we should be giving up a very early second rounder for Jones.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

great. Drew Rosenhaus. great.

cheers

8. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

MANGENIUS'

Could this trade be any better?

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I got way ahead of myself. WAY AHEAD. But I really like the trade, as of right now of course, and so I had PS open, and this is what I came up with. It sucks, but whatever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*I have no idea if he is going to wear #20, nor do I know if the back of his jersey will read T.Jones instead of Jones*

*If anyone wants to use it, feel free to do so.*

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

To get 3500 yards rushing out of a guy and an upgrade from an almost 3rd round pick to an almost 1st round pick is quite a bargain.

Ha ha yeah right. :)

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

noob:rofl:

do you even watch football?

12. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

holy shit! very happy about recieving their 2nd, great deal!

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

If he is a beast why were you mad originally ? Isnt an early second rounder for a BEAST a fair deal ?

14. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Not if Alexander and James can't even pull in 2nd round picks, no.

15. I didnt like the move until I heard we also get a 2nd rounder back. Now i'm thrilled. If we also signed Columbo, we are moving closer to drafting BPA throughout the entire draft, which will go a long way in truly improving the team's overall talent.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is great, we get our starting RB who is proven and we still have 2 picks in the 2nd round which we could always package to move back into the top 40 then again they say there are about 60 guys that could be impact players so maybe we stay put.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets like this UVA connection...

Thomas Jones UVA product running behind D'Brickashaw Fegerson.

Word. :lol:

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Great Pics!!!!!!!!!! Man, look at the boa constricters that guy has.....holly shit.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What planet did you dream those rumors up on? James is through.

20. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

This signing just reinforces my belief that the new regime acts under the radar which is soooooo much better than it used to be. What a great trade, I'm juiced. I bet Jones runs with a chip on his shoulder too, which is even better.