Ahman Green is Out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Mar 4, 2007.

1. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Thank goodness. The story on the main page scared the hell out of me. Green is toast, period.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

FREE AGENCY HAS GONE ON FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

There's plenty of time to sign free agents!!!!!!!!!! You act like free agency went by without us signing anyone during the whole period.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

My Mother Currently Deciding Between Bowling Tonight or Watching a DVD
    Written by: ? 3/4/2007
    Source: www.mymomsplans.com
    My mom was all ready for the whirlwind tour. The two-time mother was contemplating a career change to NFL running back and had hoped to line up visits as free agency began this weekend.

Until she went to got a call from her friend Suze. The tour's over now.

"I've gotten to a point where I've seen enough," my Mom said Sunday. "I don't need to venture out any more. I was planning on just renting The Departed tonight, I heard it is very well made, but I think I may enjoy bowling tonight a little more."

That would seem to bode well for Suze, who could use the services of my Mom on her bowling team. She's one of the top bowlers in the league and losing her to the NFL could have been disaterous for the team.

"Suze's team has a real chance tonight," said my mom. "The opportunity to play with such a special group is everything I had hoped to get out of playing in the NFL. Right as I picked up the phone, I knew where I wanted to be. You do everything big at the bowling alley."

Cross one more potential RB off the list.... I never wanted her anyway.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

We are not going to fill all of our needs in this one draft. No way in hell I am going to say that. Yes the needs of this team are considerable in respect to being upgraded, no doubt.

Yes I also agree that at this point Schlegel is a bust. However last year this front office had a stellar draft in my eyes. They brought in 7 players that are either starting or at least providing quality depth. Then they also got an extra 2nd. round pick in the rape of Washington. If that is indicative of how things are going to go in the future we are set.

That is why I am not panicking in the first 3 days of free agency. Also we did okay last year in free agency when all was said and done. Sure Kimo blew no arguments but they got Dyson, Poteat a decent back up, got a few servicable spare parts. Dwight and Teague where injured so who knows how that would have went. In their defense last year, they had to put a staff and such together.

They will sign players but you have to take a step back and realize that we are more than a A. Thomas away from being a SB contender. In fact I kind of think he would have been wasted here for the next year or two, well at least till we get a defensive front that is respectable together.

5. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

No, I don't doubt that guys like Chris Brown who had 156 yards rushing last year or journeymen linmen with the talent equivalent of Kimo or Teague will be out there. Woo, hoo! Let's face it, we're taking a step back in 2007. If that equates to a huge step forward in 2008, than alright, but that logic seems a little fuzzy to me.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

You're way to pessimistic. Just wait for a couple of weeks, and you could be surprised by what the FO does, in a good way that is... Just have a little faith. Why not?

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

thank god. now would somebody pleeeeease sign duckett?

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Did you have to quote the whole friggin article?