John Clayton reports the Jets/Lions are talking trade for the number 2 pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Mar 3, 2007.

1. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

we are trying to trade vilam becasue he doesnt fit into the 3-4 then they can sign porter who does fit. doent anyone read the tea leaves here.

2. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

The only players I would trade up for are Peterson, Lynch, and Gaines Adams.

3. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

You dont trade the farm for a guy who touches the ball 6-10 times a game!! A good receiver only gets that, however a good Rb touches the ball 25-30. Its not rocket science.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is as dumb a thread as I've seen in two years.

No way does this make sense and no way does Tannenbaum sign on to this trade. You don't give up two guys with that kind of talent plus a good draft pick for one individual Charlie Weiss happens to recommend as possibly a good NFL quarterback.

If we were interested in moving up that badly for a QB, we would have done it for Matt Leinart last year. This report is therefore 100% bogus.

5. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

And a QB touches the ball even more. As much as I would love for us to get CJ, we should look at QB or RB if we do trade up.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We shouldn't be trading up for anybody. We're a team that still has too many holes to fill to be trading jack squat to move up. That's why this thread will crash and burn and be exposed for the rubbish it is... nothing but speculation and heresay.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

Towards the end of the year Kerry Rhodes was making the calls, and rightfully so, he is clearly the better of the two. If Vilma is gone, Rhodes is your new defensive captain, and honestly I think either way he will be this year whether Vilma stays or goes.

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

so i guess they didnt deserve to make the probowl.

Larry Fitzgerald 2005 103 rec 1409 yds 10 tds

Roy Williams 2006 82 rec 1310 yds 7 tds

Undeserving bastards!

9. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

That's why I said "if." On my previous post, I mentioned how this was an un-Tangini move. I agree with you this move doesn't make much sense. Still, it's nice to cover all areas, no matter how ludicrous they sound.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Oh well, I'm going to not worry and trust the Tangini decision making........................

11. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

That wasnt your original argument. This was.

You didnt defend your argument well by mixing pro bowlers with a buncha busts. Fitzgerald panned out. Roy Williams panned out. Both are key components to their teams and future perennial pro bowlers. Dont under value them. And according to your post only QBs and runningbacks should be drafted in the top 5. I guess o-linemen are useless, they dont touch the ball at all

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I love Vilma, I've been a huge fan of him since he was a youngster at Miami, but if the offer is #25 and Vilma for #2 overall, I'm sorry, but that deal has to be made. Adrian Peterson might as well just bring all of his stuff to New York for the draft, because he wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I think this is probably right, though Clayton usually has good info. Frankly, the idea of Coles and VIlma for #2 does intrigue me, but it's ahrd to believe.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i believe this to be the route to go also. peterson touching the ball 25 times a game is what a team looks for with the second pick. but then again, quin wouldn't surprise me if the fo thinks last years second round pick isn't up to the task of leading this team in the future.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

If they do this, then this FO is retarded.

16. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Yeah, ok.......

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This board is becoming lame if someone can start a subject like this trade and take 5 pages. Come on people, don't feed into this crap. We are not talk radio.

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why would Detroit want Coles in this deal when they have Roy and Mike Williams and Mike Furrey as their 3 WR's. Granted Mike isnt very good but they drafted him early 2 years ago so they have to give him 1-2 more years mostly.....

19. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

They wouldn't. It was all the original posters speculation, but you guys are digging too deep into it. The orig. poster was just throwing around ideas he thought would be a good trade, he never actually heard John Clayton say those trades.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I really cannot imagine our FO making a move like this.