John Clayton reports the Jets/Lions are talking trade for the number 2 pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the Charlie Weis factor..

2. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Two best in the league? They are good but not worth it.

3. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

But you probably do not have to go to 10 to get Quinn

4. curtisstaysforever28

i agree w/ u completely. gettin quinn is a terrible way to go, we picked kellen for a reason last year.

there are players in FA to replace vilma and coles. although coles and pennington have a lot of history b/w them, i could see coles being replaced by joe horn and like i've sed atleast twice already vilma being replaced by porter. then by taking peterson w/ the #2 pick we get a beast MLB for the 3-4 defense, i pretty good same type player at WR, and the best RB in the draft. i like this alot, now it just needs to happen.

5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Mangini thinks Adrian Peterson is the best RB to come out since LT.....Where there's smoke there's fire.....stay tuned

6. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

the more i think about this trade, i realize that there are two players that i would actually give up vilma (our best D player), coles (our best O player), and our 1st round pick for...

Tomlinson and Manning...

there is NO ONE else that i would trade those players away for, so to me, you can absolutely forget trading up for the #2 pick

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

these trades are getting a little outta hand.

8. Attackett

I don't believe that for a minute. Eh actually I don't know you may be right. I think Detroit will end up taking him, Cleveland could take him, Minny could take him & the Phins would take him. You are gauranteed at 2 to get him & if they feel strongly enough they might not want to take the chance.

Chancdes are it is for the once in a generation prospect which is CJ..

9. curtisstaysforever28

our best D player is kerry rhodes. vilma had the worst year of his career last season becuz like a number of people have sed already, he doesnt fit the mangini (3-4 defense) system. he is a beast 4-3 player but a very mediocre 3-4 player. it would hurt to trade coles and i really dont want to but he can be replaced.

10. Attackett

This would be a bold move, the CS saw Kellen every day in practice & if they don't feel he could be the man than it would be a great move..I don't know how they feel about him but the fact that he couldn't beat out Ramsey for the back up job all year is a bad sign in my opinion..

11. rillo

rillo New Member

i will cry if this happens......i dont believe it

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

you're putting all your eggs in one season. rhodes had an excellent year, but let him repeat it before we call him our best D player. after all, i think you'd be hard pressed to hear kerry rhodes attribute his success to someone other than vilma. vilma got rhodes to where he is. statistically, vilma struggled, but he's still the core of this defense. he is the leader and the best player on this D until rhodes unseats him. to me, one year is not enough to say that vilma doesn't fit and rhodes is better. vilma's too talented to "not fit" in this D. talent wins games and he will learn this system. once he gets comfortable, he'll be right back at the top of his game.

as for coles, i just don't want to trade him because i got his jersey recently haha. but more seriously, he's a solid 80 catch a year contributor at least. i'd rather keep a sure-handed possession receiver around without breaking the bank

13. curtisstaysforever28

its not that kellen lost the back up job to ramsey. ramsey has actually started games before, unlike kellen, and was more experienced then kellen. thats why ramsey was 2nd string qb and not kellen. who would want a 2nd round qb to be the 2nd string qb in his rookie season. all that would do is make him overconfident about himself. u have a hard on for quinn and obviously dont like pennington...i have no idea why.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

where did you hear that?

15. curtisstaysforever28

i see what ur saying, trust me i do. and there is no way the jets FO is doing this trade...and half these people ar only thinking of the plus side of this deal and not all the possibilities. i honestly dont think that the possible positive outcome of this outweighs the negative and i doubt the jets FO does either...but the thought of peterson in the backfeild wearing green and white is incredible if he lives up to his expectations, u gotta atleast admit to that

16. Attackett

Actually I'm a big fan of Pennington & have been one of his biggest supporters on this site. I've actually been called a Chadette on numerous occasions. But the fact is if we have a chance to upgrade the Qb position that should be priority #1. I'm just throwing out another possibilty, it seems more plausible to me that if we are gonna trade up it will be for a franchise QB rather than a RB or WR.

17. curtisstaysforever28

ok fair enough. i just wasnt impressed at all with quinn's season this year. and it probably doesnt help that i'm a michigan fan and that i hate ND...but i just couldnt believe how terrible quinn was when michigan stomped the living shit out of ND in ND. since then i dindt want quinn on the jets

18. Attackett

Charlie Weis is a genious, he knows alot more about Qbs than you or I. If he thinks Quinn is gonna be a great QB, so do I. There really is no point for me to get excited or anyone else to get all crazy upset. I think the possibilty of this being true is slim & none. When do teams talk about trading draft picks in the beginning of March..

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If the Jets give up Coles/Vilma/#1 for the Lions pick, I am sure the Patriots will send Rodney Harrison and a bag of pretzels to the Raiders and move up to #1 and draft who we want. Why? We are the Jets.

20. All Star

All Star Active Member

Mangini Guy?!?!!? Mangini Guy?!?!?!?

*head asplodes*

Laveranues Coles, a pro bowl WR, Jonathan Vilma a pro-bowl linebacker, and #25?

No way in hell.............

Vilma for #2 I would consider doing though, nothing more I would give up.......