Quick Team Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by -MC-, Jan 30, 2007.

1. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

what do you think of ryan harris for the giants, to replace pettigout.

2. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

IMO, that is a very good pick, and Ryan Harris, if it weren't for Brady "can't escape the rush for my life" Quinn, he would be a solid early 2nd rounder, getting this guy in the 3rd round is a steal, great pick

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

LMAO...Im an irish fan and you have it ALL wrong. The officials at ND and many people expected Ryan Harris to help out both on run and pass blocking but he instead got lazy and couldent recover from it all year. He didnt let Brady Quinn get any sort of breathing room, and Harris was considered the leader of that pathetic O-Line. Quinn can easily dodge a runner or two and can be quick(Which you saw when he faced USC this year) but when 2 or more guys get close to him, what do you expect Quinn to do exactly?

If you can motivate Harris(Which is tough to do, Weis couldent get it into him) he has the ideal body for a linemen, but he had a very rough senior season compared to a nice junior year. Quinn is quicker than you think, I have watched the dude since his sophomore year when Willingham decided to get him some starts.

4. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

showing your man love for brady isn't helping your argument, Brady is slow, and immobile, period

5. BakerMaker

Please....I watch the Irish every Saturday and I know who's good or not. Every Irish fan and hopefully college fan can tell you that Quinn had no line to work with, hell Darius Walker had a down year as a RB.....

Quinn is far from slow and immobile. He ran for 70 yds against USC for goodness sakes.:rofl:

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

First of all, Brady Quinn isn't immoble. You can't just say that for no reason...

And I'm not crazy over KC's pick. They just took Brodie Croyle in the 3rd round last year. Why should they try another one?

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

With ol Herm neglecting his OL they will need all of the QBs they can get. From a value standpoint, Smith was the bet player available.

Now that he has been taken, I can stop biting my tongue. The Panthers had no business passing on Troy Smith in round three. The player they took has decent value but not nearly as much as Smith. Also, the Panthers have a huge need for a QB.

8. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

^^^
    Wow, I was thinking the same thing. I thought that the Panthers definitely should have taken Smith with that pick. But, I will say that Bazuin was not a bad pick and will definitely help the Panthers. They could wait a year to get a QB, but I think getting a Smith with that pick would have been great for them, getting the BPA and a QB with that pick would have been better than Bazuin, but it was not a horrible pick.

As for it being a bad pick for KC, yes it definitely was. KC just drafted Croyle last year and they have more important needs to fufill than getting a #4 QB. I also believe Croyle will do better as a pro than Troy Smith anyway. Yeah... bad pick.

#528 jasonjets, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  9. BakerMaker

I was really hoping Troy Smith goes in the 4th round, thats where I had him pinned I had no idea that someone was going to grab him THIS early. He looks meh in combines and what not, so I thought he'd be a day 2 pick.... Smith is small and gets his throws battered down, thats what scares me. Bazuin is a monster and adress some pressure needs for the Panthers. Hes a guy I hope NYJ gets in Rd.3. As for Trent Edwards and Drew Stanton, those two guys I thought I could have grabbed in the 3rd or 4th but they BOTH went in the 2nd. :sad:

I have another QB planned for Carolina, none of you better take him. :mad:

#529 BakerMaker, Feb 25, 2007
  10. BakerMaker

Panthers dont have THAT big of a need for QB. Granted Delhomme came off a meh year but I think he bounces back.

And I seriously doubt Smith becomes a 3rd rounder unless he does some major work in the combines and what not.

#530 BakerMaker, Feb 25, 2007
  11. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Drew Stanton

12. BakerMaker

I edited it just before. Me and my Ex/Current Yanks......:rofl:

13. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Was it really that bad of a pick? I addressed WR and DL with the irst two picks, and QB was another major need. There was a run on DB's earlier so I know Smith was a pretty big risk, but at the time in the draft, I feel he was the best value.

14. James Hasty

The Panthers are very week at QB IMHO. Also, with Peppers and Rucker on the roster, your third rounder isn't going to be the starter. They do need depth so it would have been a prety good pick if Smith wasn't available. Troy Smith should have gone in round two or at least the top of round three.

15. James Hasty

I liked the pick but according to these guys I had no business taking the top TE (he was before the combine when i picked him) in the draft in round two.

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think KC could have benefited from a young offensive lineman to play somewhere. But we'll see...

17. BakerMaker

Delhomme was a Pro Bowl QB not too long ago right and got the team into the SB 3 yrs ago.....Granted Weinkie is garbage but if I pick a QB he in all likelihood wouldent even be playing in the 07-08 season.

Your overrating Troy Smith a bit here, I'd be amazed if he somehow gets in the 2nd round hell even 3rd round. I had plans of Troy maybe in the 4th, but who knew some team took him.

I dont think we would have this discussion if Troy Smith wasnt taken a pick right after me.

18. BakerMaker

Dont hold bittnerness man...I never said Miller was a bad player but he's not a good fit in the blocking 1st, recieving 2nd Denver TE system. Miller is far from a good blocker, and is a strict offensive weapon. In another team Miller would be a nice pick though. It was a nice pick since you got him in the late 2nd round, but its not a good fit team wise.

19. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

what do u guys think of the seattle pick?

20. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

damn, dude, i'm lazy, who did the seamermaids pick, I don't feel like looking