Quick Team Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by -MC-, Jan 30, 2007.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Baker Maker....I chose Jarvis Moss for CIN before they announced they were franchising Justin Smith.....I knew cb was an issue for them, and I liked the depth at that position for their 2nd round pick, and whaddaya know? I stole Chris Houston in round 2.....I don't really think a C grade for Jarvis Moss was really warranted.....

Thanks for the grades on ATL.....I thought Reggie Nelson was a no brainer in round 1, and Charles Johnson was a steal in round 2, not to mention he's the hometown boy

2. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

DonnieIsTheKing, your OTC

3. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I'm really liking Detroits draft so far, finally stabilzing their offensive line which they should've done in years past, and getting Spencer in the 3rd when just a week or so ago people were saying he was a first rounder

4. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

BakerMaker, regarding the Wendling pick, I dont know if you know but the Patriots just put a franchise on Samuels, so CB really isnt that big of a need. However, I did not pick Wendling to back up Harrison because he is getting banged up, I got Wendling to replace Antrell Hawkins, the Patriots 31 year old horrible safety. I think really the only option there was a safety, as there were no really good CB's left. Also, Wendling is not "unkown."

5. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

BTW, I am not trying ot start an argument, just defending my pick.

Overall, good job, and I know it probably took a lot of time and effort to do that, so good job.

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

sorry JetFanInPA blades was taken by baltimore.

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I honestly thought that the Wendling pick was one of the best ones in the whole draft... He's a perfect Strong Safety

Damn, I wanted Blades, but David Harris is great too.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

After waiting patiently for the right value, Denver has filled their need on DL with a high value player with a ton of upside.

Here is Denver's draft so far:

021. DEN- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
    056. DEN- Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
    070. DEN- Ryan McBean, DT, Oklahoma State

Not so bad now is it?

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that I went through these picks indiviually so for Cincy's case I got on the Moss pick because I felt there were greater needs but you bounce back with adressing my concern so when I give up overall grades, it helps.

And Denver made a very nice pick there, got some help on the D-Line side. They just have to get a quality DE sometime soon.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

McBean is a solid pick for Denver. That one doesn't get any argument. It's just too bad for the Zach Miller pick. :wink:

11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yea true....but I was just trying to say that I under the impression that Justin Smith would not be back when I made the Jarvis Moss pick.....It was before Cincy franchised JS......f that were the case, how do you feel about the pick?

12. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Either way it's a good pick... a solid pass rusher that will either replace Smith or play at the weak DE spot on the other side of him.

13. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

There is something I don't get. Why did you say Eric Weddle can be the Troy Brown for Pittsburgh ... he doesn't play WR.

Also, it would be appreciated if you could further explain my John Wendling pick, and the reason for the grade. Thanks.

14. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

fair enough

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He can play the WR spot....I forgot to mention he can play some QB.

I did some research on Wendling and I must say I take back what I said as far as him being an unknown went, he put up some very nice numbers the past 2 years.

I just feel that you could try and target a CB around that spot rather than a safety...Hawkins wasnt THAT bad for NE. I think that NE could use a guy who will replace Samuel next year, and get him a year under his belt as a nickelback.

16. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Oh, really, I didn't know that about Weddle.

Also, I am guessing if New England franchised him this year, they are probably intending to keep him around for the long haul. I doubt a team like New England would throw big money at a guy like Samuel if they were only intending to have him for 1 season. And I belive Ellis Hobbs is much stronger at CB than Hawkins is a S, which is why safety was a bigger need in my opinion. I do think a CB is a slight need, but if I drafted one, that CB wouldn't even start, where as Wendling would be starting next year, so it would be a bit of waste to spend a 2nd rounder on a CB, where there are other positions I could actually get a starter at. But a CB will be drafted, if not in this round, then definitely the 4th.

17. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Wow, that Miami pick was unexpected. I've never even heard of Rory Johnson, but after researching him it looks like he has good size (6-1, 235) and ridiculous speed (4.5 forty) and put up pretty good stats with Ole Miss last year, but that was his only year playing non-juco football. I donno, it looks like he was projected as a 5th round pick, so it was definitely a big reach, but he does have all the intangibles you would look for in a linebacker. Interesting pick, not sure if it is the best one, but I don't necessarily hate it

18. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

no, the bengals resigned Geathers to a Contract, he has a future in Cincy, he will start at the Weak DE spot.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Did NJATW officially give up his spot in the draft?

20. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

In the tradition of the pats cum jets cum miami...He's their schlegel for now as far as reach goes, but he actually played as well or better than willis late in the year.