Quick Team Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by -MC-, Jan 30, 2007.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

I would be very surprised if Michael Bush did not go VERY, VERY SOON. If the team I am thinking of is smart, Bush should go VERYYY SOON.

2. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

lol hmmm..

paging jetsfan119, your OTC.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yeah, no offense to the drafter of Denver, but I think he's doing a lousy job.

Leon Hall is a good prospect, but they have a the top CB in Champ Bailey and still have Dominique Foxworth, who is young and very talented. Maybe a pick of CB in the 3rd round, but they could have gone a better way with that pick.

They just took Tony Scheffler in last year's draft, so taking another one in the 2nd round is a bad decision.

Oh, and GREAT pick for New England. That's a perfect fit. :up:

#403 JetFanInPA, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  4. JetFanInPA

The Ravens you mean? Baltimore has an opening for a guy like Michael Bush on their roster.

5. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Thank you, I was not really sure of whether or not it was too big of a reach.

6. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Yup, that is exactly the team I am talking about. If they dont take him, Bush could take a humongous fall.

7. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

i was thinking, do you think this draft would interfere with the combine draft coming up?

8. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

In regards to the Broncos thing. I tend to agree with JetFanInPA. Leon Hall, I think is an amazing prospect, and for where you got him, I think he was a very good pick. You will have a wonderful secondary with Bailey (CB), Hall (CB), Foxworth (SS) and Lynch (FS). I looked at the Broncos depth chart, and saw Foxworth played SS, I dont know if this is true, but if it is, then I think Hall was a good pick. But, looking at the depth chart again, I realized that even though Hall was a great pick for that spot, he probably was not a great pick for the Broncos in general. They have a lot of needs, and you drafted 2 players at positions where you do not need another man. The DL is ok, but old and not great. The Broncos could REALLY use some DL help, and some WR help possibly. Also there OL is getting older. So those are threee things right there that the Broncos need improving on, and you did not fufill even one of those with your 1st two picks, you just improved on already pretty strong positions. So you have great players, but very weak value.

9. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Almost definitely.

10. JetFanInPA

We might as well keep this draft going and see what happens. It isn't a major commitment to be in 2 online message board mock drafts.

11. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

I dont know if I like the Ravens pick of Blades. They have a pretty strong LB corpse, and I understand it was getting older, but I think this was too early in the draft to address it. The Ravens have a lot of important pieces leaving this year, that they need to fill. Such as RB (With Lewis most likely gone), NT (With Gregg most likely leaving), WR (they do not have a good #3, and Mason is getting older), or S (They have Dawan Landry there, and I dont even know who he is). So I think for where you drafted, Blades was good value because he could have gone earlier, but I dont think you should have drafted a LB, especially an ILB so early. But I will say Blades is a hell of a player, and your linebackers are gonna be BEASTLY with Suggs (OLB), Lewis (ILB), Blades (ILB), and Adalius Thomas if he stays (OLB).

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be mad if we picked Harrell with our first round draftpick to put it that way.....this guy is a damn good player, awesome pick

13. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

i know right, i was looking through the players taken and was surprised to not see his name.

14. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I made my pick because I am not high on Irons or Bush. Getting a guy with 100+ tackles for the past 3 years, every year is a guy that will really get a lot out of the Ravens D. The draft is 7 rounds long...be patient on RB plz

15. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

i think jason wanted blades for the pats :wink:

16. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Lol I don't, plus I am not sure how he would be in the 3-4. Because he small, at 6-0, 235ish, so I don't know how he could handle the 3-4.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I think once the 2 rds are done I will comment on EVERY pick and give it a grade from F to A+ :)

I must say Im pleased with my two drafts. More so with GB than CAR since I think Timmons is OK with Car but I really wanted Landry or Nelson, just both got picked before me. Greatful Meriweather fell to CAR however. and GB got Lynch who I really like as a RB and Hughes falling to their pick at 47 I couldent believe.

18. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

AGS NO!

i was hoping leonard would fall to the jets :mad: i dont see leonard getting much playing time, behind Neal, LT, Gates and turner.

19. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Wow, VERY interesting pick for San Diego. I don't know where you are going to play him though. You have Tomlinson getting all the carries and Lorenzo Neal as your FB, I am not sure where he will ever get playing time.

20. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

I think San Diego should have gone safety, guard or even ILB there, with Edwards and Godfrey both coming to the end of their careers.