Quick Team Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by -MC-, Jan 30, 2007.

1. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

thanks, everetts gonna be a beast for a team, it might just be for the giants.

love the jackson pick DITK. :up:

2. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

i know. what you have done was actually my first 2 rounds of my giants mock like a month ago. in the 3rd i had them take Garrett Wolfe. and i had us take him in the third because i dont think he'll be there with our pick in the 4th and he is exactly the same back as tiki was coming out of college

3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Not a bad idea. I'd rather have Tony Hunt, but that could just be because I'm a die hard Penn State fan.

4. Gibril28Wilson

yea, lol. i just dont htink he is worth a 2nd rounder. i think he would be worth a 3rd but since he had sick senior bowl game his stock probably rose a lot.

oh, and you guys here Ted Ginn Jr. aint going to the combine?

5. Gibril28Wilson

hey James Hasty, the picks only thread is for picks only :smile:

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Michael Bush isn't good. Why do you like him so much? I'd like to hear a good, smart argument from you about him.

7. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Wolfe is not going to survive in the NFL. I would expect him as a late 4th - mid 5th round pick. 3rd would be wya to high for him. I would take people like Kenny Irons, Brandon Jackson, Darius Walker, Gary Russell and Lorenzo Booker all with that 3rd round pick over Wolfe. And that is just the speed rushing backs. There are plenty of power backs I would take over Wolfe too with that pick, but you already have Jacobs so don't need a power back.

8. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

doesnt look like the jets will be on tonight, you all can be mad at me tomorow :wink:

ill be on later to see how its going.

9. Gibril28Wilson

see, the same exact thing was said about Tiki. i like Kenny Irons and Brandon Jackosn but i dont think they'll be there at our 3rd pick. and what we need at RB is a speed back. Garrett Wolfe is that back, he may not be able to last a long time but with him being a back up he can try to put on 15-20 while only getting 5 carries a game.

if you ever seen him play he is a crazy talent. just his size prevents him from being drafted high. if he adds 15-20 pounds he could be a great back

10. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Tiki Barber is a much different back. First of all Tiki is 2 inches taller than Wolfe and some 30 pounds heavier. Tiki is a speed back but he has the ability to power his way through the lines also. Wolfe is JUST a speed back. He will never make it in the NFL because he will be torn apart by bigger players and will not be able to get anything on a straight hand off. There are many more backs available better than Wolfe in this draft, 3rd round is way too high from him.

11. Gibril28Wilson

if you saw the predictions for Tiki they were the same. he didnt really play for his first 3 years and he put on weight. but then sean payton gave him a shot in 2000 and he hasnt looked back since. the kid has great talent and if we have a good FA where we fill our holes, we could take a risk in the 3rd on a player like Wolfe

12. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Tiki Barber was a high 2nd round pick, he did not have as huge question marks as Wolfe does currently. Everybody knew Tiki was going to be a high - mid 2nd rounder because he was just much more talented than Wolfe is now. Tiki was not as vastly undersized as Wolfe is either, and he went to a better college. Wolfe played agaisnt some pretty shitty teams in college, Tiki was playing against the best, it was a completely different situation.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If you pick Michael Bush or Kenny Irons, I'd be pissed... That would be downright wrong. :)

14. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

The Chiefs could've used some help in the secondary, and I helped them out at WR in the first round. I contemplated Troy Smith, but he just dissappointed me too much in his final game, I just can't get over that. But they do really need a QB, Green is on his way out and Huard is 35 (I think).

Just couldn't pass up Tyler, too much talent for mid/late 2nd round. And Herm's history of trying to deal with problematic players was really the decisive factor in this pick.

15. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Yeah a QB definitely would have been good there. But Green still has a year or two left in him, so you do not need to get a QB just yet, also considering none of the QB's left are really top tier QB's, and you do have Brodie Croyle, who may be able to turn into something. Tyler, I believe, was a steal where you got him, so nice pick, the Chiefs definitely need a DT badly.

16. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

lol agree. well some of you might like the pick, your gonna consider him a reach.

17. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Actually if Bush falls that late to the Jets, I think he would be a great pick for that value.

EDIT: I would not have gotten him with our first 2nd rounder, but I would definitely have a hard time passing him up with this next pick, unless something really special is there.

#357 jasonjets, Feb 19, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  18. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

sloth is here, hasty will most likely pick tonight but after that, njjets hasnt been here since the 15th, what do you guys think we should do.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I sloth picks tonight I will as well.

As for njjets, give him unitl noon tomorrow. If he doesn't show up, at least we gave him a chance.

20. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

jasonjets,

what do you think of brian leonard and do you like him for the patriots?