A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It is early, I was just bored.

You have a good draft so far but I really didn't like the Eli Manning pick. The late rounds matter most but getting value at QB does make a difference.

2. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I had no intention of taking Grossman...:) I got a steal in mind in the later rounds

3. Pride

Pride New Member

DrewAlmighty has the best team right now, I think i maybe right on his heels witha couple of good picks. I really am regretting Suggs round 2

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Terrell Suggs is one of the most feared pass rushers in the game..

5. Pride

Pride New Member

I know I love Suggs and really like him in college but I think that may have made me jump for him.I feel that maybe I could have gambled n could have slipped to a later pick. Who knows?

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok I'll give my reasoning for the Eli Pick, as most have said already after the top 5 or 6 QBs or so, the QBs are fairly equal across the board with their own weaknesses and strengths canceling each other out, however I felt getting LT was well worth it while at the same time I'd admit I underestimated the number of QBs that would go by the time I could pick again. Now as for Eli, I feel that he was the best value that was there at that point at QB with Peyton, Brady, Palmer, Brees, Young, Rivers, McNabb, Bulger, and Romo all gone. With the best of the QBs left they all throw a good amount of INTs so that isn't an issue. As for his accuracy issues, having an LT and a Coles will greatly help him, and he has as strong an arm as anyone in the league. And he is also young enough that he can and probably will improve. I also feel the large amount of egos on the Giants hurt his ability as a QB, that also won't happen on my team.

7. James Hasty

I ranked you guys back to back at # 3 and # 4. If you look at the two guys I ranked ahead of DrewAlmighty, I think you will see that their balance on offense and defense is about even. Also, they got outstanding value with every pick, especially in rounds 3 & 4.

8. James Hasty

I almost missed this but YOU PASSED ON WALTER JONES AT PICK #39!!!!. Burgess probably would have been there at # 42.

Culter and Hasselback are better than Eli IMHO. Also, Rothlisberger was a much better value where he was taken ad I think he is better than Eli as well.

Also, it is not your fault but Shaun Alexander going at pick # 38 takes value away from the Tomlinson pick. It is not always who you take but who was available had you waited.

With all of that being said, you have plenty of opportunites to overcome your start.

#288 James Hasty, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I love my defense so far, and although no offense yet, I have a great idea for how to go about this with some sleepers in mind. Hopefully some of you guys don't ruin it for me.....

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We don't know if Cutler is better since he has just been given little opportunity we don't know where he is at this point, and I looked at Hasslebeck and was debating him and other than last year, him and Manning have basically the same number of INTs and Manning had better passing yards and TDs, as for Rothlisberger in the 1st year they trusted him to be anything more than a caretaker in the offense he has been terrible. I think the stigma on Manning being "terrible" is judging more on how he stacks up in that trade the Giants made, and the fact that his weapons either show him up every chance they get or get lazy on him, and the fact that he is in the face of the New York Media.

As for passing on Walter Jones, I know I can get a solid LT later since only 1 had passed me at that point, I didn't know if I can say the same for a passrusher since there aren't many quality ones to begin with, and i would be a fool to risk ignoring the QB for 36 more picks after seeing 8 pass me by already.

As for the value of LT, he is the best player in the game, that I can use both in the passing game as well as the rushing game, Alexander is aging, and he may already be heading towards that downward spiral judging from this season

#290 MSUJet85, Feb 11, 2007
  11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

plans changed - i'll still be available for drafting this evening if it's going to happen

12. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I can't stay for the speed round tonight if everyone still wants to have it...

13. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

you can't stay??.. i would love to have it but we need to get everyone on here and let everyone know.. it only takes one to ruin it

14. James Hasty

Donnie, if you are around it is your turn in the Qucik mock on the draft board.

15. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

i am good for it

16. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

didn't even know there was gonna be one anyway..

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nm...........

#297 MSUJet85, Feb 11, 2007
  18. DonnieIsTheKing

Thank you.

19. DonnieIsTheKing

...no AnyGivenSunday is (and Coach K has an expired pick).

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

yeah your right, damn boredom is affecting me :grin: