Justin Miller schooled at the Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Feb 10, 2007.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

hes just extremely raw thats all. boldin played the ball, miller didnt

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Did everyone see Ed Reed get schooled on the next play for the 2 point converions????

Oh wait, no one cares about that!

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Get off Justin ass already will you guys!?
    Kinda wearing thin.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

And hester? I read about the Raiders CB not being able to get there.. However, they said Miller was going to get reps before Mathis got hurt.

5. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

For some reason, people seem to get off on his poor performance.

Oh yeah, its the PRO BOWL. Nobody gives a crap

6. The U

The U Member

Who cares? It's not like Miller got burned and the Jets lost the game. Its the Pro Bowl. Enough said.

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Its the Pro Bowl, he is a good return guy and a raw athletic project, I also do not see the point in dwelling on the negative all the time, realistic does not mean negative

8. alwaysbeenajetsfan

alwaysbeenajetsfan New Member

i actually didn't see the play, but from what I understand they play vanilla defenses in the pro bowl anyway. no blitzing, and I believe the cb's aren't suppose to bump the wr's within 5 even. the plays i saw of him on kr's were consistent as usual. he did have one punt return that was questionable, but i guess he didn't want the ball to bounce in the other teams favor. that being said, i think in college he returned punts and was very good, i remember he fumbled a bit here in his rookie year at it, but he should definitely get a shot at it.

9. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I have a strict rule for my own sake to not take anything in the Pro Bowl seriously. Without the elements of a regular NFL defensive scheme, this is no different. Granted Miller's CB play this season has sucked overall, the Pro Bowl should not be used to reaffirm or justify that cause.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey you guys, you're talking about the 2007 Fastest Man in the NFL, have some respect.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

lets be real about something...in a fun game, justin miller has Boldin blanketed on the deep route, just fortunate for Boldin that Romo sucks and underthrew him by 10 years....allowing him to come back to it....the only thing that was Millers fault was the lack of the tackle at the end...hard to recover from the position he was in

12. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

"Location: Inside your girlfriend's bed"

...is that like where the springs of the mattress are?

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone watched thr Pro Bowl.

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Oh, so now if a QB throws a ball a little behind a receiver, and he makes an adjustment but the DB doesn't, its not the DB's fault?

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

OMG he got beat on one play in the pro bowl by one of the best receivers in the game...................... cut his ass immediately! He should be removed faster then the herpes wart on the end of my Johnson!

#35 Miamipuck, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  16. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I'm not saying that..

I'm saying why's he on the field. They said he was going to play BEFORE the Mathis injury, so that wasn't it, although it probably led to more of him on the field.

In my opinion, make the rosters a little bigger for the probowl. I'd rather watch the guy who just missed it (I know they called someone and he couldn't get there...but the Friday before the game!? Come on). Pay for the 1st and 2nd alternates to go and enjoy Hawaii, and then if you need a player he's there. Instead, you watch someone's nickel or dime back try to cover Boldin.. oh yeah, that's going to happen. Same goes for Hester. Why he even thinks he can play CB is beyond me. Dude.. play WR where you can make plays in the Dante Hall mode.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

not necessarily, if a DB is covering a WR man up, and the he has great position to defend the deep ball, and its underthrown, the WR has a greater chance to come back to it for two reasons.
    1) he knows more likely that the ball is coming his way
    2) he is in greater position to stop and come back

in this case, miller had a great position to defend a good pass, he caught the ball in the air a little too late, and Boldin was able to stop and come back since he was in front of the defender for and underthrown pass...

partially Miller's fault, but i wouldnt put much blame on him for this one

18. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Justin Miller is a frustrating young player, but I have faith that Mangini will get him to start playing up to his potential.

For one, the Pro Bowl is a joke, and second, he's playing the very best the NFC has to offer and their WR's are LOADED. Relax, all...

19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Justin miller is what he is. A great returner who still needs alot of work as a Cb . Heck he was the third CB on the JEts. He had no business playing in the probowl at Cb.

20. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

I wouldn't doubt Belichick put him in there to shake the kid's confidence