A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Hey guys don't forget to update your rosters in the rosters thread.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

damn these picks r killing me. Hawk was a great pick, as well as williams and hall. My fricken big board is in shambles

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Ok OK....this is a disaster.....I come back here with 2 guys to go and I'm expecting to choose between Gates and Deangelo Hall. Both are friggen gone now, damn guys great picks. Gimmie a little time here....

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

hall and gates both would be my guys

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Not necessarily, a CB and S on Smith, CB or WR2, S and LB on Gates. It's definitely possible, so don't say that I "wouldn't." Diificult, yes. Impossible, hell no :grin: Nice combo there though.

I also watched as someone took "one of the best run stoppers" and then "the best NT," while the best run stopper AND NT in the NFL slipped past both of those guys. Jamal Williams is rape at the spot where he was taken, and I'm regretting hoping that he'd fall.

6. King Koopa

Well I'd say him and Casey Hampton are about equal and Hampton is a few years younger.

7. DonnieIsTheKing

I disagree. Williams is so much bigger and stronger, and he sucks in 2-guys better then anyone I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I guess we can allow minor move changes like Tommie Harris to 3-4 DE, even though I stated before it wouldn't be allowed. Just don't take a 4-3 MLB and move him to safety of something. Keep it realistic. Also, Harris will be listed at his actual position - DT - on the list so someone doesn't get confused when looking if he's taken or not.

8. King Koopa

A lot of people would agree with you, but I just think that Casey Hampton is better value, being that he is in his prime, and Jamall's play could decline sharply any season now. Many people will also say Casey Hampton is the best NT in the league, I looked around the internet and it seemed about 50/50. Besides I am happy with Tommie Harris and Casey Hampton now, talk about deadly.

9. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I have to go to work in a little bit, can somebody take my pick for me and make my pick while im gone? ill pm you my board

10. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

DrewAlmighty has a GREAT looking team right now. I picked god damn Rudi Johnson because I thought Shaun Alexander would have long been gone by my pick. Obviously not, my fault for being lazy.

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

damn.... Kerry Rhodes was my next pick. Great choice

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

Thanks. Marvin Harrison and Alexander were both steals at that point. Plus with an experienced, Superbowl winning QB, the main core of my offensive production is set. Now I just need to people to protect them and the defense to back em' up.

13. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

my team is quite balanced so far:)

14. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Right now I like DITK, Bigalxc, MSU and Any Given Sunday, they have good youth and vet leadership. They are built for the future, and for now. The hot team to win right now is defineatly DrewAlmighty, but if it was a real team it would also be the first to fizzle out. The most interesting draft so far is going to Jetsfan119,who has some out of left picks with Kampmann and Johnson

15. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Wow, great picks so far this round. Hall, Harris, and Rhodes were all guys I was targeting

16. Pride

Pride New Member

A lot of great picks made, but a lot more great sleepers to be made. Im eager to see the overall football knowledge on the board of lesser known players.

17. Pride

Pride New Member

explanation: Terrell owens is one of the most physically gifted recievers in the NFL and still one of the best right now. You can hate him but you can not question his abilities. I also saw him as one of the final WR left in the top tier WR pool. This draft does not incorporate player baggage or how detrimental he may be to the team. If this is based on talent then this is a no brainer even at the age 33. I see this as nothing but a positive in this pick. That n Drewalmighty's qb rb wr trio made me jealous

#237 Pride, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  18. DonnieIsTheKing

Ugh, the McNeill pick ruins my plans. Fantastic selection.

19. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Here's my reasoning. First off I was dumb on the Johnson pick only for the reason that Shaun Alexander was their and i didnt know it. But I also took Johnson because he is has a lot of tread on his tires, he is a complete workhorse. I didnt want to get stuck with a guy like Bush in later rounds because right now I just dont see him being an everydown back for 1200+ yards. Every year Johnson is good for 1200+ yds and 8+ TDs, he is a very underrated player. As for Kampman, this guy is great, and by far one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is ALWAYS around the ball and is only 5 years pro! I gave his stats in the picks thrad. He lead the league in sacks among all nfl players, and he lead the league in tackles (89) among all D-line man. I mean I know that I dont have the best team so far, and im going to have to make it up later on with some sleepers, but is it really that bad?

20. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Me 2 McNeil is beast