GMs who would swap their starting QB for CHAD...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Russ Reign, Feb 7, 2007.

1. All Star

All Star Active Member

You know this isn't a "OMG LETS TRADE CHAD" topic, its just a discussion about how he would fair and how much other teams would want for him........

Not a good fit for the Texans offense, if they try to tool it around Chad and having more 3 step drops it could work......

I honestly think he would do decently on the Raiders with Moss/Porter/Lamont Jordan.......

Can't really think of teams off the top of my head right now, others are, Vikings, Miami, Tampa, can't think of any else........

2. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

Yea, the Raiders and maybe Vikings would be moving up by taking on Chad... I'll agree with those... (and maybe even Falcons)

Still no way on The Bills, Texans, Jags, etc... I just can't see it...

And btw Chad didn't QB us to the playoffs this year... we got there IN SPITE of him and his interceptions, not BECAUSE of him...

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Russ Reign, please tell us - Do you like Chad Pennington?

Be honest. Don't pull any punches.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you took the words right out of my mouth...

5. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

Yes honestly I hate Chad, and he's hard to root for... BUT I don't let that get in the way of my analysis... I hate Justin Miller too because he's a piece of dirt off the field, yet I still say he's a great return man...

Why do I hate Chad, besides the fact that he's incredibly over-rated?
    Well, first off, I hate how people make it seem like he's this team-oriented player... if he was so "team-oriented" he would have taken a seat on the bench and rooted Fiedler on last year rather than insisting he was OK because he was afraid to lose his starting job and in the process throwing away the season for the TEAM... VERY SELFISH on his part...

and secondly, he is incredibly over confident for a player who has accomplished NOTHING besided being in the playoffs... PLENTY of other quarterbacks can say that... do you remember the interview where he said that the reporters were "priviledged" to be covering him? Like he's Joe Montana or something? What, the reporters should ask him cupcake questions rather than what the Jets fans want answers to? I have never in all my life seen an athlete come accross as so needlessly cocky in an interview...

and thirdly, people always go on about how "smart" he is... OK, he's an incredible scholar - he did well at Marshall... and Dan Marino is a veritable idiot... who would you rather have a QB? You don't need to be a genious to memorize a playbook... Terry Bradshaw wasn't very smart either the last time I checked... so in short... YES, I do hate Chad Pennington... I would still hate him if he was good on the field, BUT I wouldn't say he was bad or propose getting rid of him for someone of leser talent...

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Chad is the Jets' QB, doesn't take a scientist to figure that one out. And you might mention to your friends that the Jets are a combined 7-1 against their teams with Chad at QB. Let them LAUGH at that.

7. doug4563

doug4563 Active Member

It never amazes how many different ways people use TGG to gain comfort with Chad as the starter. Don't get me wrong, I like Chad, but I can not believe how many different posts deal with whether or not Chad is a good quarterback.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

284 yards 3 TDs vs. Colts

208 yards 1 TD vs. Eagles

224 yards 2 TDs

Theres more, but I'm lazy.

Still...lets not let facts get in the way of perception right? Carr has yet to win a Super Bowl or anything like that, he sucks. Ignore that whole "team" thing or that whole "offensive line" concept. It's all the QBs fault.

McNair seems like a Grade A idiot. Charles Spencer had a damn serious injury that many called career threatening, leaving Eric Winston as the only drafted lineman with any serious potential recently. Yet somehow...Carr's the problem? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems to me that anytime a team has a problem, its the QBs fault, and if that QB ain' a star/big name...he's out.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i stop reading your post after this comment...i think that says enough:rofl:

10. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Andre Johnson averaged 10 yards a catch this year.

11. CanadianJetsFan

CanadianJetsFan New Member

I would say the Texans could definitely use him

12. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Here is my amateur opinion of what GM's would be willing to swap their QB for Chad straight up:

Miami - Yes. It seems as if Daunte will never come close to what he was with Moss and Harrington is what he is - not that good.
    Cleveland - Yes. Penny would be a definite upgrade over Frye.
    Jacksonville - Yes. Penny would be great in this offense. He would really put the Jags over the top.
    Oakland - Yes. I think they would trade their QB straight up for Browning Nagle that's how bad their situation is.
    Chicago - Yes. I think that Grossman will eventually wind up being a pretty good QB. This team is set to win now and would benefit from Chad at the helm.
    Minnesota - Yes. As much as they like their young kid Jackson the team is just a decent QB away from being dangerous.
    Tampa Bay - Yes. Their QB situation is almost as bad as Oaklands.

That's it as far as no-brainers go.

I said no for Buffalo because Losman and Penny were pretty much even last year but Losman is younger and cheaper. Houston no because Chad would not hold up behind that line and Kubiak wants a run-orientated offense anyway. Detroit has a guy who really isnt that much worse than Penny. He was consistantly forced to play from behind which IMO inflates your INT totals.

The way I look at it - 7 teams would do it in a heartbeat and then there are 3 maybes. That really doesn't put Chad in the top half if you are taking the future development of youngsters into consideration.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Right now teams would be reluctant to swap with chad, mainly bc of his injury history, but one more season would make him a valuable commodity on the market...off of the top of my head i know 10 teams that would like to have him if he was healthy 2 seasons in a row

Bills, Phins, Browns, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Bears, Lions, Baltimore, Jags ( maybe )

teams would like to have chad but invested too much in a young QB: 49ers, Cards, Giants, Broncos, Falcons ( depends on who is the coach)

if you want explanations....clarify which team...

14. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Mangini has said over and over how every position is up for grabs so maybe kellen beats chad out this year?

15. GreenMachine

Only Jets fans bash their QB so much. Go to a Miami board, they think QB____-_____ is the next Marino.

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Although true, using Miami was a bad example. I'm pretty sure their fans circle jerked over Damon Huard being the next Marino. They have the dumbest fans in the NFL.

17. GreenMachine

I know, Miami was a bad example.

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Thank you for beginning this objective discussion.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Carr lost those first two games. It's called garbage time. Those are not good games.

And that third game - well, it was apparently against no one so anyone could have put up those numbers.

You guys can bash Chad all you want. But let's face facts. To say Carr is better than Chad is just exaggeration. It's like saying "Chad is so bad, Carr is better." You are saying something ridiculous and you sound dumb. If you want to discuss Chad's merits, compare him to a QB on his level.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Selecting a QB thats on the same level as Chad is a matter of opinion. No different then someone being of the opinion that Carr is a better QB.

I can't say that I think Carr is a better QB then CP because I don't know enough about him. I do know that he gets sacked a lot. Weather he's holding on to the ball too long I don't know, but I do know that CP would have had a much worse year if he ate dirt 40-50 times. He might not have even lasted the season.

Chads the man until someone leaves the CS with no choice but too bench him. That could be Chad, it could be Kellen, nobody knows at this point. People don't have to like the king of the hill, but until someone pushes him off (or he just stumbles) everyone has to deal with it.