GMs who would swap their starting QB for CHAD...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Russ Reign, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

Ok, lets here them... this should be good... I personally can only think of one team who would definitely do this... LIONS... Lets see the arguments... Can't wait for someone to say Saints, Texans, Titans, etc...

Because when ranking QBs, the true measure of their ranking is how coveted they would be by other teams... What do we think Chad would be worth in the trade market?

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Texans...There you didn't have to wait long

3. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

You really, literally think they'd trade David Carr for Chad?

I'd love to see Chad hold up through 47 sacks or reach Andre Johnson streaking 50 yards down the field on a fly or post pattern...

4. Why must every topic on TGG regard Chad Pennington??

There are 21 other positions on the football field.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Considering they're rumored to possibly go after Plummer and Carr may be on thin ice, sure. Carr as the starter doesn't appear to be etched in stone anymore.

6. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

True on him not being etched in stone... I just don't think they'd accept Chad in place of him... altho... Plummer isn't so hot either lol

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

8. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

It just frustrates me that so many of us over-rate Chad so much... I talk to friends who are fans of different teams... even some shitty teams like the Dolphins, 49ers, etc... and they LAUGH at our QB...

Only Jets fans protect Chad so much...

9. Murrell2878

They can laugh at the fact that Chad has QB'd us to the playoffs 3 times in 5 years???

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a dumb thread.

Chad is too much of a risk or gamble in the open market right now.

Sure, he had a decent season, but no one will throw big $$ to have him at quarterback.

Possibly the Vikings though. I say this, because Pennington would make thier offense great.

11. Murrell2878

Of course they would. In a heart beat. They would also, revamp their offense to fit Chad's strengths. In other words, Andre Johnson wouldn't be running 50 yards down the field (even though Pennington hits the deep passes pretty regularly).

12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

They are going to bring in Jake Plummer and my money has Carr gone. Besides who cares how many sacks a QB can take, just a sign of a crappy team. Besides, the Qb does have some blame in taking sacks, ask Bledsoe.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I had high hopes for this thread when I clicked it. I was expecting a team by team analysis of bubble teams that may or may not want CP on there team. Needless too say, it was a disappointment.

14. Dbrickdaman

Dbrickdaman New Member

texans, lions, vikings, browns, raiders, dolphins(althought they wont admit it) redskins,bears, jhaguars and probably the bills. I would take a healthy chad over any Qb on these rosters

15. Dbrickdaman

Dbrickdaman New Member

maybe if the bears had chad in the super bowl they could have a least put up a fight

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Oooooh... gooodie! Another "let's get rid of Chad Pennington" thread!! :rofl:

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

David Carr doesn't hold up through 47 sacks or reach Andre Johnson for 50 yards either. When was the last time he had a good game?

I'll just say what I'm sure you want to hear. No GM in their right mind would take Chad Pennington. There - you happy?

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chad on the Bears=Super Bowl win with ease.

19. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

OKay, stupid thread, but I'll bite.

Texans
    Vikings
    Falcons
    Green Bay
    Dallas
    Bears

20. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

Bob McNair: Carr's future remains in limbo

By JOSEPH DUARTE
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

David Carr?s future with the Houston Texans remains in limbo.
    Owner Bob McNair remained non-committal about Carr on Tuesday, saying he is still being evaluated and any decision on whether the fifth-year quarterback returns next season will depend on what the Texans can accomplish in free agency.
    ?David has been inconsistent, and we?ve said that? McNair said at a Texas Bowl luncheon at the JW Marriott. ?He?s had some good games and he?s had some games that haven?t been as good. He?s a tremendous athlete. We?ve got to get better consistency there, either with David or with some additional help. We need more consistency at quarterback.?
    McNair has been one of Carr?s biggest supporters since the team drafted him with the No. 1 overall pick during their expansion season in 2002. But after five straight losing seasons that support appears to be waning. McNair has not publicly endorsed Carr in recent months and has declined to speculate on the quarterback?s future with the team for the 2007 season.
    McNair said the entire team is currently being evaluated by general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak.
    McNair said the Texans would consider taking a salary cap hit by releasing a player, including Carr, if a suitable replacement can be found in free agency. Jake Plummer is believed to be a target of the Texans if he is released by the Denver Broncos.
    Last February, Carr received a three-year, $8 million extension which runs through the 2008 season.
    ?We?ve been willing to do whatever we need to do to win. Really that hasn?t changed,? McNair said. ?We let a number of veterans go last year and this season and we took a hit on the cap. It was in the best interest of our team. We?re going to do whatever we need to do to improve our team and win. That?s what we?re all about.?
    McNair said the Texans have enough salary-cap space to ?get a few players that can help us? in free agency. The Texans are expected to be between $10-$13 million under the salary cap. He targeted wide receiver, running back, defensive tackle, linebacker and safety as areas the Texans would like to bolster.
    ?A lot of that depends on what the options are,? McNair said.
    McNair added the Texans will be cautious in spending freely during the free-agent period after a few bad deals in the past.
    ?We?re not going to go out and get a player and pay more than he?s worth,? he said. ?We have to get fair value for what we spend. We have to allocate these dollars very prudently.?