A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Here's my explanation. I looked over the defensive players left and didn't see a playmaker that really jumped out at me for that pick. I was looking for a Dwight Freeney, Ware type that would have fallen. Next, I looked at WR's who would make a big impact. I could have taken a top WR but I could have been stuck with a so-so QB. If you look at past SB champions they all have a pretty good QB, with the exception of the Ravens in 2000. In a draft like this it is impossible to assemble a defense as dominant as that with a running back like Jamal Lewis. It's just not possible. I looked over the QB's left and narrowed it down to two people, one of which I can't name. I took Romo because I believe he can be the QB that leads a team to a victory and put the team on his shoulders. He learned under a great coach and a veteran QB in Bledsoe and dominated until the last few games. He has a great arm and can complete short and long passes with excelent efficiency. If you look at stats he is top in most catagories. That includes rating and completion percentage and he only had a short time to do it.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Damn I didn't think we'd be hearing from Mel Kiper for another month at least.

3. Pride

Pride New Member

I actually agree w/ the pick. Your reasoning is valid

4. Pride

Pride New Member

Plz dont campare me to Mel, I hate Mel Kiper

5. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Hey, to whoever took gore, he was next on my big board...oh well. You got him 1 pick before me

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

J_V Damn you!! YOu said you wanted out now get out!!! :mad:

I wanted Henderson you bastard :smile:

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Love the Romo pick and Tight's decision to put Randy Moss with Chad Johnson is very interesting, I kinda like it. Don't love the Rudi Johnson pick, I understand it, he is a workhorse, but I am not a huge fan. I think that defenses have to respect Palmer and their WR's a good amount and that creates more lanes for Rudi.... IMO he may not be as good/talented as his stats indicate. I think there are a decent amount of running backs left that I would rank around equal to Rudi but that's just me.

8. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I've sent PM's to almost everyone, but since jets526 went OTC while I was in school, I was unable to send him a PM. Sorry jets. Solid pick, just make sure your punter has some holding experience. You'll need it.

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

No problem, when I came on after school at 1:00 I just didn't realize it was my pick again. I'll do a little analysis of picks like Koopa did above. The Henderson pick was solid but I'm not sure how his offense and secondary wil turn out now that he's used two top picks on the D-Line. If you draft right you could have a great team but I could see a very lopsided team. I'm not a big fan of Randy Moss because of his drops this year. He seemed to lose it a little bit going to Oakland but he could be a great receiver with the right QB. The Gore pick was great and nobody should bash you for that. He was the "other guy" who I was considering with my first round pick but I went with Steven Jackson. Great pick. I like Jamall Brown with that pick just because the O-Line is so important.

#149 GreyhoundJet, Feb 6, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  10. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I'm kind of surprised Bush was still there.

11. DonnieIsTheKing

He is not a workhorse running back and would struggle in a feature role, and that's why he fell despite his fantastic receiving skills. Also remember that his ypc of 3.6 is not something to pat on the back... solid pick though. Will be Marshall Faulk in the future poll, just not the 2007 poll.

12. DonnieIsTheKing

I'll be able to select at 2 PM, btw. I am making a pick that I HIGHLY doubt dwalsh will make so it's ok.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

you're going to take Nuge aren't you?

14. King Koopa

what's the deal with rosters....as in how many rounds are we picking, and what are the rules for roster slots? For example, must we have a FB or TE, etc?

Also, hopefully we can get a couple speed rounds in sometime soon, that'd be nice.

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm suprised Alexander was still there at this point.

16. King Koopa

Man I was about to type that.....good pick. Good to see this thing movin along.....

17. Murrell2878

I cannot believe Roy Williams was just taken from me...good pick

18. Murrell2878

My picks have been made

19. Drew

Drew Active Member

Just got my #1 WR in Marvin Harrison. I have quite the trio . . . Brady, Alexander, Harrison.

w00t.

20. Murrell2878

I was at that game of the pic of Harrison you posted