A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

You guys think there's any chance that one evening from like 9:30 to 10:30 we can get everyone here and have a rapid fire round?

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I couldn't see why not. I actually think it's been going well considering it isn't even supposed to start until tomorrow.

3. Ten

Ten Active Member

Johnson has a much better percentage when it comes to 40+ yard plays though.I'd probably be willing to bet that Johnson gets more yards after the catch.

4. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

We could probably do something like that sometime this week but remember that all it takes is one person not to show up and we have a 6 hour wait. There's really no need to rush this.

5. DonnieIsTheKing

Very impressed with the last 2 picks, especially Seymour who I was praying to drop into the 2nd round. About time someone decides to take the best defensive players at their positions...

6. DonnieIsTheKing

Official time begins at 8 AM tomorrow morning. Whoever is OTC then will have until 2 PM to make their selection.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Agreed. I am pissed about the McNabb pick too now, that is who I wanted.
    Oh well, back to the drawing board....

We need to have a bunch of picks in a row soon, this is going pretty slowly.

8. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

MParty, I love the Urlacher pick. I was hoping that some by some miracle he would last to my next pick.

Jetsfan119 on the clock from 11:15 to 5:15pm

9. DonnieIsTheKing

I'm actually not a big fan of the McNabb pick... he's been battered and bruised over the past 2 years, playing in only 19 games. He's also coming off of a very serious knee injury that may limit his mobility in 2007 and on. There has also been conflicting rumors - one that says the rehab is going fine, and another that it's behind schedule. Too much of a question mark to draft this early, IMO, and there's a QB or two I would have definitely taken before him.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Its actually Cookie Monster who is up

11. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I wanted Urlacher so bad, he was number 1 on my list of 5,

12. DonnieIsTheKing

He should be home from school soon.

13. DonnieIsTheKing

Cookie's computer broke and he's not getting it fixed until the 17th, so he is resigning from the draft. I have WhiteShoeWillie as the alternate, so I'll plug him in and restart the clock (now expires at 7:51 PM).

14. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

That's a rough choice between Jackson and another back that I am not allowed to name. I went with Jackson because of his size and speed. You also don't usually see backs as big as Jackson with hands like his.

15. DonnieIsTheKing

I'm pretty sure I know who the other back is, and due to pass catching ability and being a more complete back I think that Jackson was the better selection.

16. Pride

Pride New Member

I dont really understand the Jason Taylor pick right now. This is a draft of a current team now and for the future. Age is playing a huge impact on my selections. I like the Steven Jackson pick and think you made the right pick over that other guy

#116 Pride, Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I should have read over post 67 better before I made my pick.

18. DonnieIsTheKing

He's only 33, so it's not like he's going to fall over and die any minute now. Taylor is definitely the best balanced 4-3 DE in the NFL today, and is as good at stopping the run and anyone I can think of. He's also a playmaker, as he bats a lot of passes down and forces a lot of fumbles. I'll even go out on a limb and say that for 1 season, he's the DE I'd want. He has not missed a game since 1999, is coming off a season with 13.5 sacks, 9 FF and 2 INT's for TD's. Yea 33 is a little old, and that's why he went after a couple younger DE's that aren't better then him, but he's still a stud and old age doesn't automatically make him a bad pick. With the shape he's in, he'll probably still have another 3 or 4 years before he croaks.

Peyton will be 31, McNabb will be 30 and will be 31 at the end of the year, yet those two were still picked very high. Bad picks? Not necessarily.

19. Pride

Pride New Member

You make a good fair point. They Taylor pick isnt necessarily a bad pick, but a pick which isnt as sexy when you factor in potential.

20. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

anyone see King Kopa on recently?