A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Best: Peyton Manning: I know it is hard to say that the first pick of the draft is the best one but Peyton is just that. He is one of the best QB's ever to play and can completely control an offense. Give him some weapons and he can build a superbowl winning team.

Worst: Larry Fitzgerald: Not a bad pick at all but there are so many weapons at the WR position. I would rather find a dominant QB or running back and then find WR's to build around him. You don't need great WR's to build a great team.

2. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Who's to say I won't give him the same amount of weapons? He's only had one serious injury, his shoulder last year, and while he's not (not mentioning names, but a fast QB *cough*), he's not Stan Humphries either. The Martz offense is semi QB friendly, as it does generate yards and TD's, it also creates a TON of interceptions and doesn't really protect the passer either. And again, who's to say I wouldn't run the same offense anyway? The fact is, he's still fairly young, his TD's, and yards have been going up, his interceptions have been going down, and his completion percentage is third all time. QB is by far the most important position in the game, and they were flying off the board already. With so many picks until I'm up again, I didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck with Dan Orlovsky or something, and after Brees went (who was my first choice), I felt Bulger was the best QB left, all things considered. Personally, I also feel he is on the verge of becoming a very big time player.

The funny part is, my choice for the worst pick so far is Merriman. I think it's way to early to take a LB. ANY LB. Besides that, he's a cheater, and that would certainly come into consideration in any voting I was doing.

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

the 6 hour clock for TheChadManCan is over. It ended at 10:00 am. Tight's clock should have ended at 4:00, but due to the confusion i say we give him until midnight tonight (6 hours from now)

4. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

The official clock doesn't start until Monday

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

woops, sorry. I must have missed that post somewhere. Sorry.

6. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

7. DonnieIsTheKing

Alright... when I start to grow impatient that's a bad thing.

I think we should give ChadManCan until like 4 PM (because he's been on numerous times in the past few days) and then after that just bump his overall draft spot back a few until we find out if he's in or not. I have an excited backup option that would be thrilled to take his spot if he doesn't want it... can't just miss 3 full days and expect to be in a fantasy draft like this.

8. Ten

Ten Active Member

There is no pick that stands out as being the best.

I'm not a fan of the Fitzgerald pick.While I believe he is going to be a great player I don't think he'll be an elite player.

Not a big fan of the Bailey pick,while he is one of the best players in football I just don't think it's a good idea to build a team around a corner back.

#88 Ten, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  9. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

What part about him having 1400 receiving yards in his second season, while sharing the spotlight with another marquee receiver doesn't scream star with this guy?

Plus, through some loophole he came out a year early. He's only 23 as of right now.

I'm not expecting a lot of people to agree with my picks, but the team I build will be young and exciting.

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

The team you build will suck. :grin: JK

11. DonnieIsTheKing

I disagree. In the modern day pass-happy NFL, a good cornerback is crucial to having a good defensive unit. Champ Bailey is far and away the best corner in the NFL IMO, and I'm sure most people would agree with me. He can shut down almost any receiver in the game, and having an asset like that on a team can take an opponent's best WR out of the game before it even begins. Just because he's the first rounder does not mean he's going to be the key of the team - we'll have to see what that owner does in the next few picks to see what the identity of his team will be.

12. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

In his defense, this isn't supposed to start until Monday. I think it's a bit unfair to boot him before then.

13. DonnieIsTheKing

That is true... but I've seen him on here 3 or 4 times in the past couple of days, and there's no excuse to not come here, take 5 minutes to look at who's left, and throw a name day. Like we've determined through discussion, it's very difficult to mess up in the first round, so what's the problem?

14. DonnieIsTheKing

Btw... Ten: Please take the names of undrafted players out of your posts. This is strictly forbidden, and you cannot mention anyone until they're selected. I didn't specify this before, but I am now.

15. Ten

Ten Active Member

He's a great players but he's more of a possession guy than game breaker.I feel they are a few wide receivers who are both possession receivers and game breakers.I like the fact that he's young but they are at least two wide receivers I'd take before him.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

I can't use the names of WR's not taken, but he has a higher career 20+ yards % (catches over 20 yards divded by catches) then a guy who is labeled as the best playmaker in the game today. 23% to 21%

17. DonnieIsTheKing

Alright guys I'm out until tomorrow... please can someone PM the next guy if Tight comes and makes his picks, and so on. Thanks.

18. Pride

Pride New Member

I like that Johnson pick a whole lot more then that Fitz pick

19. Ten

Ten Active Member

Johnson is one of the guys I'd take before Fitz.Johnson is just a great all round player,big,physical but has the speed to make yards after the catch.

20. DonnieIsTheKing

Really? Johnson only has an 18% 20+ yards ratio compared to Fitzgerald's 23% (20 yard catches divided by catches). Further showing that Fitz is not this "possession receiver" everyone thinks he is. So what if he's arguably the best jump-baller in the game? Doesn't mean that's all he does.