New Jets/giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I thought it was just him fat-fingering it. You actually try to decipher what he says? :smile:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not sure I fully comprehend, but if you found my comment concerning your number of posts abusive, you certainly have my personal apology. My intent was not to attack you personally because you were new to the board. My point was that I can't understand what's to be gained by rehashing all the negatives that were discussed ad nauseum way back then and it's time to move on. You had a low number of posts, so perhaps you didn't know that.

But I hope you know there's a difference between my pointing that out to Champ and abusing you as a new poster simply because you have a low number of posts. But if you're new to the board, I can understand why you might have felt that way, so lets both peace out and have fun discussing the Jets here, which is all I ever come here for in the first place.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

nah because sometimes he says stadium and sometimes he says stadia....he thinks theyre interchangeable I guess......Im just grumpy today and its retarded

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, I think he was referring to how many people have posted in this thread, and not his post count. Almost as if to say "see, look at all the people posting in this thread, it isn't pointless".

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

As long as he gets the first and last letters of his words right I can usually tell what he's talking about. I know he has his own dictionary that he uses :)

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i guess we just agree to disagree..

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

nothing tooken personal i mean i was new to the site and had to learn the rules and regulations first. i mean i just had to roll with the punches not saying you were in any way accounted for them. i just know any new place you go theres a initiation even if others are unaware of it.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Back to the topic of the thread, I've just had the opportunity to see the new Cleveland Browns stadium up close and from the outside, it looks pretty impressive. The "Jake" looks pretty nice as well however, both are open air ballparks and as such, share many of the same things any ballpark does in that genre.

I hope our ballpark inspires as much as these two new venues..

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

how about this idea if we do have to build a stadium in its current location why not build a stadium that just plan untouchable and no one could ever come close to matching it since there are two teams in the building.... with a retractable roof of course so we could have the superbowl here one year

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What U posted has been discussed over & over again which means again you are TROLLING

11. GreenMachine

Pot calling Kettle...Come in Kettle.

12. Section 227. Row 5

You're discriminating Champ! Trolls have rights too, you know.

I'm preparing a complaint to management as we speak, addressing the rights of all trolls. Most people don't realize trolls are underrated. Trolls serve a useful purpose in society and stimulate conversation on boards and trolls are definitely underappreciated for what they contribute. The entire troll community has long been the recipient of discrimination and it needs to stop and stop NOW!

You're in big trouble now, pal. I'm reporting this.

13. championjets69

OK however in my Herms days you could not count all the times I was accuse of trolling maybe even by U

14. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I don't know why they would want to put the stadium in NJ. Put it in NYC, if not in the city, then in Queens. The reason, it just seems that football in NY isn't growing all that fast.

I was born into a family that are die-hard Jets fans and long time season ticket holders. Most aren't, in NY when the Mets/Yankees are playing well you can actual feel the hype in Buses, Schools, Train, etc. Especially when they are playing in the Playoffs. Everyone in NY knows the Mets and Yankees, and they are probably to riches baseball teams out there. When the Jets are in the playoffs, I see a few people wear Jets gear... thats all. No one else knows or cares.

Manye people don't care about the Jets/Giants and some don't even what the Jets and Giants are... I believe this is why the NJ Nets are moving to NY. There are many people that recently became Nets fan but many people aren't able to get to the Stadiums.

If the Jets build the Stadium in NY, it would be so easy to get to. Every Jets fan can get to it. Its much easier to get from NJ to NY via public transport. Get on a ferry, bus, train go to Manhatten, then take the train, which is connected to every part of NY. Especially if it's in Queens, take the 7 train straight to the stadium.

15. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

They should try to land a sponsorship from the airline and name the new spot "JetBlue Stadium".

Jet for Jets...Blue for...you get it. My 2c

16. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

I agree with what you are saying. My point is you can't determine where the greatest fan base is by basing it on season tickets.

PS I used to love going to Shea. Good times...shitty stadium.

17. Section 227. Row 5

You do know I was kidding, right?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Tell me about it. I used to go the Shea from Jersey. A lot of work to get there though. Drive to Newark, take the train into the city. Switch trains to LI. A real hassle. Worse coming home... everybody drunk, no seats on the trains... this was back in the days when they allowed smoking.

I was even there the day OJ Simpson went over 2,000 yards. The Bills kicked our ass, but the worst of it was the weather. As the sun went down the rain and sleet changed to snow, then back to sleet... 25mph wind coming off the water... soaked like hell. Temps dropped through the floor and everything you're wearing turned to ice.

Then it was back to the train, soaking wet. No seats on the train, everybody soaked and the windows fog up, you're tired and sobering up, got a headache and the bastards are smoking cigarettes in your face.

No thanks. I enjoy the Meadowlands much better, thank you.

19. championjets69

Yep R but that is the way many here inflated here there post count by using that tatic.

20. championjets69

Yes sorry you missed the point which was somebody posted that the LIers DROPPED there season tix when the move was made from Shea to the M/lands. Thus my comment as I to used to commute from NJ to Shea so to my way of thinking it makes LIers really not NYJ fans if they did not choose to keep there tix at the M/lands