Confidense in this offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Every year IV watched the Jets we seem to excel one year and regress the following. (Barring 85-86/97-98) This year around I am confident we will field a team next year that will exceed what they accomplished the year before. In years past I wouldn?t say that. Tannenbaum is a great GM and he's been a fan favorite During the Cap crunch we went through and the way he was able to get players to accept contracts to help the football team out. Mangini is a young Coach with the guts of a 20 year veteran. (One word: BALL'S) Our team is young and ready to get better. I think this is how we will do it. 1st I see us picking up an Offense tackle in the FA market, as well as a wide receiver. During the draft we will go Defense DT, DE, CB, RB Later round's and a project wide receiver Maybe a OG Some where between the 3rd and 4th round. CMAN50 Posted a thread that has stayed with me. We will build a defense that will take the pressure off the offense to win more games. This coaching staff has the smarts to use FAgency and not blow the bank on a Defensive player who potenially could do nothing! (Ala John Abraham/To Atlanta) Thsi is going to be exciting and good things will come. No more one year good one year bad.

2. MoBa18

MoBa18 Member

Hope!

I think all of us Jets fans do hope for such a positive development - and I'm optimistic this can happen. You've stressed the important things

These factors make me optimistic

1) a good young coach - GM tandem committed to building the team through the draft and focus on fielding a potentially gret Defense.

2) as our needs I see NT (FA or 2nd/3rd round Draft), a 3-4DE (1st/second round draft), 3-4 OLB (1st/second round draft) and OG(3-7th round Draft
    unless someone like Blaylock becomes available)

3)Free Agency: I would not mind Nate Clements or Eric Steinbach as big signings but I doubt we can get them since so many teams have cap room - I also trust Tangini not to overspend and possibly find a cheaper less publicised FA for our Team(decent possibility for OG, run blocking RT)

4)RB: I think everything is possible; I would not give up more than our low 2nd rounder for Turner, a running back in the draft seems a possibility for me depending on who is available and whom Mangini likes

Go Jets! J-E-T-S

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im glad you have it in this season, because i dont have it in your spelling.....

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Thats alright ,At least I know my spellings terrible. Im dealiing with it day by day!

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

:rofl: baby steps....baby steps out the office.....baby steps to the elevator.....baby steps.....AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

im just breaking your balls. who gives a shit as long as ppl can decipher it, your fine. ive seen much worse...

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The game is won and lost in the trenches. Last year they addressed the OL situation, this year will be the DL. An improved rush defense will drastically improve our defense as a whole. What that means is getting a big nasty 320 lb NT to clog up the middle and take on 2 blockers. I don't think we need "Pass Rushing DE's". If we mix up our blitzes well and are able to stop the run, I think we will be fine.