New Jets/giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

There are some teams from what you all have said that dont play in the area that the team says. but what teams share the same building??? i have no beef with the giants but the jets needed something to call there own. i've been in endless conversation/arguments where the giants be like thats our stadium whose name is on the building and all i could do is be like your right. you just gotta feel like we need our own even if it was kept in NJ..

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

It will be 1/2 ours & since we own NOTHING now 1/2 ownership is far better then zero ownership. Look at it in reverse the NYGs are going from 100% ownership to 50% ownership so they are losing half of what they had

3. championjets69

Well then LIers are terrible NYJ fans caused I lived in NJ & went to every game at Shea so all I have to say to LI fans if what U posted is correct is shame on them for not going out to support there team when they moved to the M/lands

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

The Giants are going from 0% to 50% ownership as well. The state owns the existing Giants stadium.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No, I don't.
    Building 2 stadia (sp) in the same general area for use 10, or maybe 12 times a year is absolutely ridiculous. This has saved the area a ton of money.

6. championjets69

Yes but they are losing the name on the stadium not us so it is a loss ro them

7. championjets69

Well if you look at from the construction unions point of view 2 would have been better then one & would have pumped more $$$$$$ into the NY/NJ economy right? Just think if Woody could use the labor Jones is using in Dallas he could have built his own stadia for less then the joint stadia is costing & owned 100% of the stadia driving the value of his franchise into outer space. Jones stadia is only costing 600M in Arlington & is comparable to the joint stadia

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Does a name REALLY matter? It never mattered to me. However, you are accurate... they are going from 100% name on their stadium to 0% name on their stadium.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Construction costs in Dallas are dramatically different. Land is easier to come by, and transporting the materials same thing.

I can cite a much smaller example. I went to college just outside of NYC in NJ. We were building a gym right around the same time Drew University built theirs. People were all up in arms that Drew's cost 1/2 of what ours did and was 50% larger.

Now think about things... We had to CLOSE STREETS to transport in the steel.. Drew didn't. We had to do everything with smaller construction machines so they'd fit in. Drew didn't.

We're in probably the most expensive place to build something... so unless Woody Johnson wanted to build the stadium in Dallas, he was going to pay 1B plus for it.

Also, you are right, 2 stadia, more jobs.... not woody johnson or the mara's problem though to supply more jobs....

10. championjets69

It did not matter to me either since it was a NYJ game not a NYG game but to many here it seemed to be a major irritant that we played our home games in Giant Stadium. I always wondered of all those who carped over that how many were real/true season tix holders

11. championjets69

Just talking of the cost of the stadia cause the land will be leased by the M/lands for 5M per year or 2.5M per team. Dallas is also a big city while not as big as NY it has all the same problems like traffic, congestion, closure of streets if necessary. Also just like our stadia Jones is being built in the hinterlands so to speak in his case Arlington. Then the only factor is the labor costs & you know with all those illegals aliens streaming across the border the costs in Dallas are going to be way, way less then in the NY/NJ area. Also the cost of materials IMHO could not cost 800M less in Dallas as you ponted it out. In the end it comes down to what a union construction workers makes in NY/NJ vs a illegal alien makes in Dallas/Arlington.

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Dude, it's not even close the cost to construct something in NYC against any other part of the country. Illegals have nothing to do with this. The cost of materials would not be less.. THE COST TO TRASPORT THEM WOULD BE.

13. championjets69

Well you can believe whatever you want but I was in the transportation biz my entire career & let me tell U R way, way off base with your post

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I know I'm not though.

The cost of closing streets/etc to get the steel in place costs...

and if you do not think illegals are workign in NY/NJ too you're kidding yourself. :)

The price of doing business labor costs included, is just more in NJ/NY.. You also do not know of the design.. and also, I heard figures for Dallas' stadium at 1B+.... They're going to have a floating video screen among other things.

15. NYJets317

NYJets317 New Member

I didnt read all the replys but as a season ticket holder from Long Island I have no problem with the Jets playing in New Jersey. It take me at most 45 mins. to get there in the morning and on average an Hour and half to get home. If the stadium was in the New York City area it would suck because if you tried to tailgate the cops would be there tickeking everyone. They do it at Met games.

16. championjets69

Surely you do not think closing streets will cost 800M do U? Certainly you know that the materials would come down I80 or the NJ Tpke not thru NYC or via RR to the North Bergen RR yard where it would be collected for movement to the site. Yes I am aware of the higher cost in NYC which again is related directly to the labor costs based on the difference of the costs of the stadium 1.4B vs 600M. Certainly you will agree concrete more/less coost the same in NY & Dallas. The same for steel. The same for costs of the seats. I am sure rental of cranes & its operators is mabe 3/5 times more in NYC then Dallas due to the higher labor costs in NYC then Dallas

17. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I don't but I also don't know where you're coming up with the 800M figure.
    dallas stadia projection is 1B+ not 600M.

18. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Evidence of 1B+: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Stadium

If you are going to count our increases, you need to count theirs too.

Another thing to keep in mind.. We're building the stadium for 2 teams. Yes, that saves money, but it doesn't save 100%. Some things need to be duplicated (locker rooms and more... ), and some infrastructure has to be built so the stadium can change according to who is using it.

#58 JetsIn2004, Jan 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  19. championjets69

Really I do not really care all I am pointing out is how the labor costs drive up the price in NYC vs elsewhere in the country

20. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The only real point is: A STADIUM in NYC would generate a heck of a lot of additional money for the JETS then staying in the swamp and sharing UGH! UGH! astadium with the ridiculous GIANTS! If the GIANTS stayed in NJ and the JETS built in NYC, they would no longer be viewed as second class! Perhaps even the media would start to view thwe JETS as equal to the Giants! In NJ, the JETS will be what they always have been! Laughed at because of a ridiculous stadium situation! SHARING A STADIUM!!! Any other teams do it in the NFL? Other sports? Just the JEST! err JETS and just how long will it take for the new SHARED stadium to be referred to as GIANTS STADIUM by their fans and fans of other teams in the NFL? The cost of building a stadium in NYC, where WOODY really wanted to go, would have been more BUT the return would have been much greater! The JETS would have a home of their own! NJ is going to spend tons of money on infrastructure and they already have a very high tax structure! All that and neither the GIANTS or JETS want to change their names to NJ JETS or NJ GIANTS! Ever wonder why? There is gold in the name : NEW YORK!