Tony Hunt or Michael Turner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jan 23, 2007.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Tell me Robby, who in this draft can just slide right in and be a "true" NT? And their really isn't a pass-rushing DE in a 3-4, I assume you meant pass-rushing OLB...

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

why give up a first round pick for turner when just in last years draft alone you had backs such as. reggie bush, jerious norwood, maurice drew, joseph addai, laurence maroney, deanglo williams and thats just in the first three rounds.

theres to many quality backs out there who are ready to be big time play makers to go after someone where we could use our draft pick wiser.

3. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Turner was a 6th rounder himself.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

5. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

The Burner is the way to go. Great college back with awesome speed for his size. Even if it costs you a 1st rounder you're looking at a guy who will be your franchise back for the next 8 years.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

best thing said.

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Michael Turner, but not for a first rounder. The guy hasn't proven anything. I'd prefer to use two of our first three picks on the lines and one on a running back. Hunt is three years younger.

Lamont Jordan has shown himself to be a rather mediocre, ordinary back since the Raiders took him off our hands. When he was backing up Curtis Martin, he looked like the second coming.

It's not wise policy to pay long term contracts to backs that have performed in a complementary role. While I like Turner, I think I'd prefer we make a reasonable transaction here. I'd part with a second rounder, but not a first, even at 26. The Chargers aren't holding all the cards. Depending on workouts, there could be six top 50 backs here. If the Jets really want one, they have plenty of ammunition to move with. Hopefully, the Terry Bradway era of folding at the bargaining table is over.

-X-

8. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

On a side note, LT's previous backup, Jesse Chatman, who is out of football, averaged 6 yards a carry in the previous season.

Caveat Emptor.

-X-

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We need Defensive line Help more than a Running back. We also need to finish fixing the offensive line and get more 3-4 Linebackers. I think Running back should be addressed in 2008. We have more pressing Needs.

10. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I know what i was saying up there^^^^ and all but i might have to retract my statement and say we need to get this guy michael turner. he would be the best back that the jets ever possesed and the only reason i say this is because of the footage i saw so.

i ask yall to just take a look at the footage then tell me what you think of the guy turner after that.

The way this guy runs he might not need a good offensive run blocking line he is just straight up hungry for extra yards no matter what it takes. his legs just keep on churning regardless of the fact that his speed is exceptional but when he is in traffic those legs dont stop. thats the kind of guy the jets fans would love and mangini we need him!!!!
    http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p...h/video?p=Michael+Turner+RB&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

5:00 minute film enjoy some of his highlights

#30 tanknyc, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Hunt looked pretty damn good today. He will definitely warrant consideration with our 1st round pick now.

12. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Oh I hope we do not get Turner, I think one of the main reaosn he does well is that teams do not prepare for him because having a starting RB of LTs caliber makes the team forget about him. If he comes here it will be another Lamont Jordan situation, if he was a 6th rounder I would rather have a chance at someone in rounds 2-4 that may be our turner, Hunt, Irons, hell I havent seen the combine yet but last year I was pissing my pants for Maurice Jones-Drew and he turned out well

13. The Dude

The Dude New Member

As a former Penn Stater I am a little bias toward Hunt. Still, having seen him play on a weekly basis, I feel I have the credibility. Hunt is going to be a borderline first/second round pick after a great Senior Bowl performance. He certainly will not drop to the 3rd. The guy is a workhorse in all aspects of the game. He is so strong, such a good blocker with his size, and a great power runner with the ability to add a little burst. Outside the field he is a relatively quiet guy and never blew up local newspapers with comments or any talk really. He is just a blue collar super hard worker that opponents will not take down easily. He runs with runners hanging off his back. Without a doubt even with a great senior bowl, he is the most underrated rb coming in. Just my 2 cents.

14. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Turner. Tony Hunt is taller, more lanky, much easier to tackle. He doesnt have breakaway speed (Kevan Barlow anyone?) and he's not a great receiver.

15. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

I dont see using Hunt with our 1st rd pick unless he has clocked better.

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

If we trade a 1st for Turner and Okoye winds up falling to our slot this will be another one of the "classic" Jets drafts.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

figures.

i don't know who's worse: the Jets sunshiners or the Penn St. sunshiners. still, dude, i know you've seen him play and i trust your opinion. having said that, i don't think they should spend any higher than the second R2 pick to select him.

cheers

18. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Hey! Nothing wrong with Penn State sunshiners! :lol: :smile:

19. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Defense Wins Championships!

20. illmatic

illmatic New Member

how about neither - tuner isn't worth anything higher than a rd 3 pick, i feel we can get someone comparable in the draft for cheaper. And I'm not enamored with hunt like some folks are here...i'd prefer a bush