Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That was then; this is now. The Rams this season have scored two fewer touchdowns than the lowly NY Jets.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Rams are decimated by injuries right now. They’ve been missing their top two receivers (Nacua, Kupp), tightend (Higbee), left guard (Jonah Jackson), and center (Steven Avila) for most of the season.

3/4 of their losses were by one score and they’re averaging more yards per game than we are.

ouchy likes this.
  3. Ralebird

So, how is Rodgers working out? That can be seen objectively. Any suggestion of what Carr may have done here is strictly subjective. What is also objective, though, is the actual cost in cash and draft picks of one vs. the other. And then there is the subjective matter of corollary damage by undue influence of players and coaches.

4. Ralebird

Yes, six yards per game more. Injuries are the rule rather than the exception in the NFL.

Again, where has La Fleur excelled, other than having the right brother?

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Everyone just told you about their good offense last year and you dismissed it. I mean the guys only 37 and the Jets were his first OC job. Shanahan, Matt LaFleur, O’Connell, Slowik, McVay, and Mike McDaniel have proven success in running offenses and they all come from the same tree.

But you’re right. Let’s dismiss that 37 year old almost completely before his career has even started because we fired him to save Zach Wilson’s image.

#305 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 22, 2024 at 7:20 PM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 6:54 AM
    dawinner127 and stinkyB like this.
  6. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I mean don't get me wrong in thinking i'm arguing that specific aspect. As i said then and as i said now I was 100% confident we could and would of come out ahead with at least 5 different free agent QBs ahead of Rodgers if led to not conceding all that money, extra asset value, and the OC position to Hackett. Carr was for sure on that list ( although I personally wanted to save the picks, ideally have the new OC take two different cheap 1 year flyer looks on guys like Winston/Baker/ect, and make them compete for the job trying to score on the next Goff. Which of course TB ended up basically doing with Baker).

More just pointing out this idea that you can just simply swap Carr in for Rodgers, in this same surrounding scenario, wouldn't lead to better QB production. At least without getting the OC hire right first. Rodgers is doing more with this offense then Carr would be able to imo.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I know you like to argue for the sake of it.... but sometimes its good to take a break... While I like ALL GAS NO BRAKE, it hasnt worked so well lately

dawinner127 and Acad23 like this.
  8. Ralebird

I didn't dismiss anything. The guy has had one good year (which ended in a lackluster final performance) - why is he being made out to be a genius? Why must these guys be endowed with honors before they are earned over a number of years? Let him prove it first. It doesn't matter in the slightest what "tree" he fell out of.

9. Ralebird

Nothing to add to the conversation? Then don't.

For the record - I never liked "all gas, no brakes," or any other dumb slogan we heard too much of.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Genius? No shot.
    Better than most of the bullshit we're used to (especially the newest "genius")? 100%

but carry on....

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Nice try, satan. Almost got sucked into the endless pointless argument abyss.

#311 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 22, 2024 at 8:14 PM
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 8:28 PM
    dawinner127 and Acad23 like this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fwiw., I don't think Carr was a great option, but I don't actively think he's a douche like I do Arod

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they have played 1 less game

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The problem with Carr is he wouldn’t have changed a thing about what’s gone on here. We suck, our coaches suck, our FO sucks.

The thing is this coming offseason Rodgers and his cronies will be gone. The coaching staff will all be gone, JD will also probably be gone. The new GM/Coaches will have a clean slate. Had we signed Carr we’d be in the same spot, but the new regime would be stuck with Carr for 2 more years. That would hinder our options because no respectable coach or GM is going to want to be hitched to Carr.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Why do you think Rodgers will be gone? I think there is a greater chance he's back in 25 than not.

17. BrowningNagle

I hope he’s gone he looks pretty done

Ralebird likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

I think Carr would’ve been a better leader for this very young core

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think Adams comes here if Rodgers is gone after 11 games. I can totally see this fucking team go 7-10 or 8-9 and run it back one more time before they rip it down to the studs.

The typical and most Jetsian thing would be:
    Beat the Pats (3-5)
    Lose to Houston (3-6)
    Beat Indy + Arizona (5-6)
    Beat Seattle, Jax, LAR (8-6)
    Lose to Miami and Buffalo to get to 8-8
    Lose to Miami week 18 by 20 and finish 8-9

Run it back in 2025. The writing is on the wall for this team to keep us "in the hunt" all the way to week 17 or 18 and get waxed for our 9th loss in week 17/18.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Right about now, I'm wishing he'd accepted RFK Jr's invitation to be his running mate.

BrowningNagle likes this.