Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I am willing to bet that no team in the NFL loses more yardage on runs between the tackles than the Jets. Completely unable to ID and pick up blocking assignments in the run game.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think if they had stayed with the run a little more it would have been a different game. They ran the ball 5 times in the second half. Breece had looked good in the first half. Allen got 2 carries. The offensive brain trust is still dead above the neck.

SOJAZ, REVISion and teamgreen like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn't think the run game was all that bad. Look it's not supposed to be easy to run the ball on the road, you have to stick with it. They stopped running the ball. Breece Hall got 12 carries all day. That's unacceptable

The question is: did downing stop calling run plays or did the QB audible out of them?

hard to tell since they take so dammed long to snap the ball

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Lazard probably wouldn't be here if we’d brought Carr in. I think he leads the team (league) in drops.

They’d have a different OC if they’d brought Carr in. Mike LaFleur might even still be here.

I’d guess they would have had more money for the OL without Rodgers contract.

Good chance our receivers wouldn’t have all forgotten how to run their routes all of a sudden, a problem we didn’t see this much last season with the worst QB in the league.

It’s really impossible to say exactly where they’d be, but it’s not a stretch to say they wouldn’t be in first place and would be on target to miss the playoffs.

teamgreen likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Woody the football genius canned LeFleur after 2022....

REVISion and Jets81 like this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Possibly to pave the way for Rodgers? Not sure of my timelines here.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He doesn't think that far ahead....

8. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

If this keeps going down hill, this will be Rodgers last season. Get ready for a new QB, Coach and GM. I feel like I'm living in the Movie Ground Hog Day.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We are losing because we can't run the ball and because we can't stop the run.

Sure, Rodgers in his prime was so good that maybe you could live without having any real running game.

Just because he was that guy once doesn't mean that it is fair to be upset with Rodgers and blame him for these losses.

He is doing a pretty good job under center considering what he has to work with.

My only real criticism of Rodgers (aside from his lack of mobility which is?what it is) is that I am not sure he is doing the work when it comes to leadership. He skipped two of the six practices I went to in training camp which gives me some doubts about the chemistry he has with his teammates and how much he is doing to bring younger players along. Nothing that we can observe as fans but the performance on the field makes me suspicious.

Jets81 and IBLEEDGREEN17 like this.
  10. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Favre was better here. At least he had the team at 8-3. The 6TD game against the cardinals was epic. Rogers has had 1 decent game and that's it. God hates the Jets.

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a bigger diva and only cares about himself. He can kiss off.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Remember those off-season reports that were saying how toxic the Jets team culture was and the effect Rodgers was having? I kind of dismissed them at the time. Where there's smoke, there's fire!

13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

And Carr would be Injured as always

Jets81 likes this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, we just have deep, deep organizational rot. It's bad down to the core. There's just too much evidence of it at this point. Scouts, training staff, coaches, execs - they all need to go.

A total organizational reset is the only way we'll ever build a sustainable winner. That and Woody getting lucky hiring the right GM/VP of Ops.

barfolomew, HomeoftheJets and Jets79 like this.
  15. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Rodgers is garbage period, seems like we are the place now to take damaged goods off other teams hands and gladly pay them for it. Players come here and see it as a retirement home and one last gasp to collect free money. 2 2nd round picks wasted on this turd, 4-3 last year at this point with the worst quarterback in Jet history, and 2-5 with this dumbass diva. Proves that he is a giant douche who rots the locker room.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

LaFleur was the scapegoat for Wilson sucking. It's that simple.

Meanwhile, it was very clear that LaFleur wasn't the issue, Wilson was. You can't run a modern offense if you can't complete passes at the LoS.

We are just such a dumb organization top to bottom. We've done so many things that were clearly bad decisions in the moment to anyone with a brain, no hindsight analysis required. Letting Mac run a final draft before firing him immediately after, Becton over Wirfs, trading up for AVT, hiring Saleh, hiring Hackett, letting LaFleur go, not firing Saleh/Hackett/JD after last season, the list goes on and on.

17. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Rodgers is a snake, he talks all high and mighty but than he throws everyone under the bus behind the scenes, terrible leader.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea I definitely remember him being scapegoated. He got a crappy deal although there were plenty of people calling for his head here as well.

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

My prediction is one of Rodgers aches and pains becomes an “injury” soon. Enough to be season ending, and the manufactured narrative 10 years from now will be “if only he could have stayed healthy”. Next year this team is going to look vastly different top to bottom

barfolomew likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Or Taylor improves the situation.