Playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IBLEEDGREEN17, Oct 21, 2024 at 8:34 AM.

?

Do the Jets make the playoffs?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  3. Just End The Season

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They’ll beat New England
    Lose to Houston
    Beat Arizona + Indy\

They’ll be 5-6 needing to go 4-2 rest of way with 2x Miami Buffalo Seattle Rams and the Jags only to lose week 17 at Buffalo to give us our 9th loss.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Jets are winning 4 games this year stop with the nonsense

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not only are they 2-5 but now Pittsburgh and Denver, 2 teams in the wild card hunt, will have tiebreakers anyway. I dont see a path

4. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Any REAL fan can look at any analytics and throw them out the window. 47%? 0% is the correct answer

Watch the team and you will see, they are no playoff team

5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Let's stop pretending this a potential playoff team. Just stop.

Andy_M, sackexchange and STARoSCREAM like this.
  6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Playoffs...lol NOT..A..CHANCE. How anyone could have any remote belief remaining in this team after the last few weeks is beyond me. It's far past the point of criticizing play calling and players making mental mistakes - the team has no cohesion, no direction, it's a failure from the top of the organization all the way down to the lowest assistant coach. There is far too much talent on this team, whether old, young and raw, or anything else, for them to be THIS bad. If they were playing well and just not gelling completely, then maybe. But at 2-5 and needing to go at a minimum 7-3 and more likely 8-2 to have a shot, there is absolutely no chance.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Savatage likes this.
  8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

we have put up 20 pts TWICE this team is a mess, no chance we make the playoffs

REVISion likes this.
  9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

We are F'd either way. I honestly don't know what option is better for this franchise moving forward. But something tells me, as long as Woody is signing the checks, nothing matters in the end. The only benefit of making the playoffs is so we don't have to see that horrendous "longest playoff droughts in profession sports" graphic on our TVs. Aside from that? I see zero benefit - it might even set us back FURTHER.

10. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

The culture is definitely not here to turn things around after a rough start. Everything about this team under the Douglas-Saleh-Ulbrich regime tells me they are soft and will crumble the moment they encounter hardship. And even if they did improve dramatically down the stretch, they've wasted all their slack by blowing winnable games in idiotic fashion. 8-2 over the last ten games to reach 10-7? Not seeing it.

REVISion and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Correct. Not happening with this leadership crew. All this talent and no plan in place from the FO and Coaching staff. So typical of the Jets.

A real smart franchise would start looking long-term past this failed season. Real and smart aren't part of Woody's DNA.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Selecting 5th in the draft right now but might make the playoffs lol.

13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Much better odds of a top 5 pick than a playoff berth.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Last time we won the division we went 2-5 to start the season.

I'll see myself out... :confused:

stinkyB and ouchy like this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Maye will have his breakout game next week

jets_fan likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

This team will figure a few things out…. Just enough to miss the playoffs, miss out on draft position for someone we really want and need .and enough for woody to fool the fan base into lining up for hope for next year.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

It’s one of two things- we have talented players that just take poorly to good coaching, or we have talented players being coached poorly. I know which one I think it is.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Were just a QB away.

19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Will say the same thing as i said in the last playoff thread, and before last night's predictable loss to the better playoff caliber football team we ain't. There is still a path there that allows this over-hyped and always most likely to project out to be a bubble playoff contender Jets team a chance to sneak in that last playoff spot. That still allows us to basically get smoked vs higher level competition. Such a game we likely won't be able to play keep up in vs Seattle, and of course the second late season game against the Allen/Bills on their typical late season run.

Houston is close to as over-hyped and dependent on running a cupcake schedule as we are. They are beatable. Both Arizona and Indy have massive consistency question marks of their own. Get to the bye the 6-5. Then win 3 out of 4 against 2-4 Miami x2, 2-5 Jacksonville, and the 2-4 Rams. That gets us to 9 wins and the seeding chance will fall where it may from there in a very soft backend of the AFC this year.

Just need to scale back the silly Super Bowl or bust expectations that were never actually real to begin with to better see it. It doesn't always have to be all the glory or nothing with this crap.

#20 Kronoking, Oct 21, 2024 at 1:49 PM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 1:56 PM
    IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.