Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He looks pretty washed. Although the idea (at least in theory) wasn’t to get Rodgers here and have to throw the ball down field every down because we can’t move the rock any other way.

It’s just so Jets that he gets hurt last year. When we had an OK running game and top 5 defense. Then he comes back this year and both of those things dry up.

REVISion, stinkyB and dawinner127 like this.
  2. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

His ankle/leg is bothering him more than he is letting on. He barely ran last night. He’s relying on getting the ball out super quickly, which is sometimes leading to bad decisions. He probably should have sat out the last game or two to fully heal up.

REVISion, Since1969, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Stupid idea in the first place and now we’re stuck with him

teamgreen likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What happens when the one player you changed your whole fucking team for can't play the position at an above average clip? Just keep trying with the journeyman QBs because you ain't developing anybody and probably ain't drafting anybody worth developing, and we already know what happens when you sign a fossil.

But it won't happen because fans don't buy the jerseys of journeyman QBs in droves.

NY Jets68, teamgreen and dawinner127 like this.
  5. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

totally agreed. even when walking around the locker room / stadium he seems gimpy

6. BrowningNagle

Rodgers is going to be a headache for a while. He’s not going to just walk off into the sunset after the season

the Packers are better without him by the way

Since1969, teamgreen and James Hasty like this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He didn't even have to throw well. All he had to do was throw jump balls to Pickens and Pickens just caught every pass over the DBs head. Like watching a big kid hold a ball in the air while a short kid tries to jump and get it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think Rodgers is a middle of the pack starter in the league this year (14-20 range).

It is better than what we have had for a while at that position.

He is just old, very expensive, and a bit grumpy.

He slings a good football but his mobility is not what it once was.

I think the offensive free agents we brought in during the offseason are offensive and I am not sure if Rodgers is doing enough work with the younger players to help them figure things out.

You put Rodgers on a better team like the Bills or the Ravens and he is going deep into the playoffs.

It would seem our team needs more help than Rodgers can give.

Since1969, stinkyB, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Rodgers sucked it up last night. Lot of bad reads, lot of misses. Plain and simple. And he has zero escapability. At least the coaches could convince mike white and ZW to check down. Rodgers seems too proud to do that even when the option is clearly there. Took risks he didn't need to last night with a lead and with momentum.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Its fucking insane how bad we are when we come out in 12. They can't do anything with that grouping.

You're spot on with the Rodgers take. All they needed was him to be the 15th best QB and they need him to be way more than that because we can't run the football with any consistency and we can't do shit on defense.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s also pretty banged up and getting hit a lot. There was one throw where he sort of hops on his front plant leg to avoid coming down on his back leg because he’s injured.

Considering who we were playing and the fact that we pretty much neutralized TJ Watt, I thought the protection was good enough to win last night though. Not great, but not bad for a prime time road game in Pittsburgh.

LAJet, James Hasty and stinkyB like this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He’s fried at the moment which is better than anyone we’ve had statistically since Fitz but still. Age, drugs, the Jets looking to prove that the LT position is unneeded in the modern game, or some combination of all of those things have him off his game.

Here’s what’s crazy: if you’d asked most of us where the Jets would be if Roger’s was top 5 in TD passes 7 games into the season we probably would have said 1st in the division.

Of course JETS, so he’s also top 5 in interceptions and on a pace to throw for a career high this season.

The OL wasn’t very good to begin with, with Roger’s covering for it by getting the ball out quickly. It’ll be worse after injuries.

13. BrowningNagle

I disagree so much. For one, they gave up so many draft picks and so much money, and the goal was to get the 15th best QB? WTF. Derek Carr is better than that and they could've had him for way less resources.

They needed/need Rodgers to be so much better than that

Jets81 and teamgreen like this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

cool dont care

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I forgot TJ Watt was playing. That was Morgan Moses. I did become more aware of Highsmith though, and that's Tyron Smith. I still can't believe how lousy he's been.

There were at least a handful of throws where either nobody was getting open and or Rodgers was holding the ball too long.

Pass protection was ok but the run blocking still sucks. There are so few runs where the line gets good push contrasted whoever we play blowing holes in the DL immediately. Partially due to scheme but something is just not working for them.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I wanted Carr. I don’t know how much better he’d be doing right now.

17. BrowningNagle

if he's a guy you need to be the 15th best QB you don't let him pick all his coaches and all his receivers.

Kronoking likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Can't get much worse.. 2-5 right now

19. BrowningNagle

If Rodgers is hurt he should sit

20. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Well-Known Member

Rodgers has been average, Tyron Smith has been below average, the run game basically stinks and the run D is terrible. G Wilson is spot on with his assessment of his play so far. To be fair, Rodgers has had a bunch of receivers drop easy passes so far this season. He has made some bad decisions but he's also been getting hammered over the last few games. With a functioning game plan I still think he's good enough to take us on a playoff run.

If we are being honest do you really think Carr or anyone else is fixing this? I think there's a much deeper coaching/culture and incompetent ownership issue that is not being addressed. Too many players leave here and succeed or come here and then fail.

A good team is able to overcome that end of the first half pick and not fall into a 31-0 spiral because of it. On a positive note, we are playing the worst team in the NFL next weekend so maybe we can all feel good about football on a Sunday for once.

#260 Hectorfor3, Oct 21, 2024 at 9:05 AM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 12:56 PM
    REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.