Haason Reddick agrees to new deal with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, Oct 20, 2024 at 8:11 AM.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Too little too late. They've lost one too many games they were "supposed" to win. 2 or 3 more losses and this team is sitting at home for the playoffs, again.

bmfc1 likes this.
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing me back to earth. Sometimes I take this shit personally and I don't know why. I guess, when you follow something for so many years, you essentially take "ownership" where there is none. The only thing this tells me is that Douglas is gone in the offseason. That's twice now, Wood-RUFF has usurped over Joe. Like him or not, JD was one of the better GM's the team has had. I have ZERO faith in the next regime because Wood-RUFF has proven that he can't get it right. He's going to hire some screw who has never coached a game in the NFL and same for the GM. Wash, rinse, repeat... Wash, rinse, repeat...

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Jets Hassan Reddick.

dmw likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

As expected pretty much - I was saying since early August that he could stretch the holdout till Oct, but he really has no choice in the matter: https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/haason-reddickulous-holdout.100276/page-5 .

JD held firm and basically allowed him to recoup the fines. If he wants a contract next year, he has to play well this year for a decent stretch to give the prospect teams confidence to sign him for a significant deal, and to do that pretty much he has to start getting into football shape now, learn the playbook, etc, so Nov/Dec he can dominate. He stretched it pretty much as long as he could have, but at the end of the day, he had no leverage.

Definitely a positive development for us, IF we can win tonight. It's not too late yet, but we gotta win.

#45 Borat, Oct 20, 2024 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2024 at 12:42 PM
    NY Jets68 and LAJet like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You hit the nail right on the head. No team, nor GM can be successful with a meddling owner that thinks he knows more that the people he hires. He did not like Chris’s choice of Saleh.so he is gone. He was higher than a kite on Zach, now AR, he sent a personal message to Reddick. In short he is the common denominator and only constant in the perennial failure of this franchise. JD will be more than successful elsewhere, Saleh will be a great DC on his next team, while we will be giving more of the same, as no top GM and HC would be ever interested of being part of this dysfunctional leadership.

#46 LAJet, Oct 20, 2024 at 12:30 PM
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2024 at 5:20 PM
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I really don't get guys. We did not give Reddick a long term deal. He basically held off as long as he could and took a deal JD gave to begin with. Woody agreed to pay his fines. He did not overrule JD on this, JD traded for this contract to begin with. This is pretty much as good as we could have done with Reddick at this stage.

Woody is a dumb ass, most recently for failing to clean house last year, but him agreeing to pay Reddick's fines was a good thing. Him finally firing failed HC Saleh is a good thing. Agreeing to pay for Davante is also good. If we can win a fucking game for a change. The guy deserves plenty of blame, but paying Reddick's fines to get him without a long term deal is not it.

Vida, Ralebird and JetFanInNE like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I agree completely with you as per my previous thread. No issue with the Reddick deal. As for Sala, the move should have been done at year end. Problem is Woody as an owner moving forward. Woody had a strong hand on many personnel selections that in my view where not necessarily in sink with either JD or the coaching staff. Call me crazy but that includes a few hires and releases to lure in AR.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fiftynine likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Btw, this does not help rushing defense at all. Still need a JFM type. Just gotta win now and I think JD will do something in a trade to address the run as well.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My prayers would be answered if we do. Most important. Agree. Wouldn't even mind an OL as part of a trade too.

Borat likes this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when he actually walks through the door tomorrow. Until then, it's still not a done deal.

12. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Reading your post, I wonder what pipeline BB was clued into when he submitted his napkin, & refused to join Woody's shat-show?
    Forget being a great coach or D genius... he was clairvoyant!

LAJet likes this.
  13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This could've/should've been done many months back.

Too late to help Coach Saleh.

Typical Woody Johnson 'dysfunction' I don't know if that's the correct word to use in this instance.

Better late than never.

I hope they can beat Pittsburgh tonight to stay in this thing 2-5 would be a deep hole.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You'd think that a guy who claims to know everything about the player, management, contracts and all the permutations and ins and outs of the deal would at least know how to spell the name of the guy who coached the team for four years. At least take a decent guess at that as well as everything else you're guessing at.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Woody Is a clown. Can't wait for the circus to be In full force again soon.

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

How many times have I lived by this!

17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Hey we're the Jets here. Why wait till he even plays?

Let it rip on headlines, hope, and speculation.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Exactly - I am very puzzled by the repeated statements that the Jets waived the fines. They didn't, and they couldn't.

In no way did Reddick "win" this - he threw away millions of dollars in salary, got the exact same deal he was originally offered, will lose millions more (from the fines) unless he performs, and undoubtedly scared off at least some potential suitors for next year.

NY Jets68 and Fiftynine like this.
  19. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

so wait till week 7 and than reward the dumbass for making this organization look foolish got it. You think week 8 into the season he will be in game playing shape? He missed half the season.