Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Douglas completely fumbled the offseason with the defensive front. JFM not being on this team because of cash considerations is a joke. Quinton Jefferson not here because they gave money to Kinlaw because he was Salehs boy is absurd. Q Jeff may be getting cut so that would be a good pickup if they can grab him. The fact that this front is this week after a JJ season ending injury is ridiculous. Reddick will help, but only because it gets Clemons dumbass off the field.

They need a 2T fatty who can play 20 snaps next to Quinnen to stop the run. I would love to swap Mike Williams for Clowney, but not sure if Carolina would be interested in that.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. Vida

Vida Active Member

Hasn't Adams had a hamstring injury? So wouldn't have been available for those games anyway. Is there any financial reason to delay by a couple of weeks?

Edit - nevermind, already discussed

#422 Vida, Oct 16, 2024 at 7:40 AM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 8:00 AM
  3. dawinner127

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Another example twitter is stupid?

5. dawinner127

Or another reason why Nick Wright is a fucking clown. Skip Bayless level.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's kinda my point ;)

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Well-Known Member

Yup. We just lost a game where we had two receivers get over 100 yards because we can't kick a field goal and we can't stop the run. A WR was pretty much the last thing we need right now.

This signing is for Rodgers, not the Jets. It doesn't address any of our needs. We're still going to be getting gashed up the middle on every run. We're still going to miss every crucial field goal. And Rodgers is still going to get sacked off the left side every single game.

I hope this move works and we turn into an offensive juggernaut who can overcome our defensive weaknesses. But I'm expecting the usual disappointment.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

They're clowns that people keep clicking to call them clowns.

AtlantaJet, LAJet and stinkyB like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I share your concern about the run defense but obviously the Jets need help in the red zone on offense. Lazard’s 100 yards this particular week doesn’t begin to tell the story.

The Jets are routinely settling for field goals and Devante Adams is an outstanding red zone wideout. Clearly a need has been addressed there

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

So we give up another high pick for a 11 game rental to keep our hopes of a one and done playoff chance alive.

JD has another 2-4 team and is in full burn the future down mode. He should have been fired with Saleh.

11. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

1250 yards just last year and he's playing with the worse QB in the NFL. 45% of his 2024 targets have been judged bad passes. Now he will be playing with Josh Allen. Huge upgrade to their WR room.

AarontheJet and REVISion like this.
  12. dawinner127

Where did I say it wasn’t?

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yeah but even with all that offensive production, we've had three straight games where the receivers seemed to be looking left when the ball is going right at crunch time. That to me is a very clear indicator that they are not on the same page with Aaron Rodgers, and makes me believe that if Adams had been here for those games, we probably win at least two of them. Possibly all three. Or, if Lazard could hang into the ball more often. Rodgers is not the kumbaya type who makes everybody happy, he goes off the reservation in those situations, and these guys have to be able to do it right along with him - while some of his passes were poorly thrown, there's no possibility that every one of them was in the wrong place because the quarterback is finished. That was a schoolyard drill, which he has excelled at for many years, and without guys in there who know how to do that drill with him, this is what you get.

I'm not concerned about the future at this point, the Jets set the future on fire as soon as they traded for him in the first place. They have to try and win now. If that means a one and done playoff appearance, so be it, but they've made their beds and they have to lie in them. We have painted ourselves into a corner where we have to do what we have to do to win games.

#433 The_Darksider, Oct 16, 2024 at 11:44 AM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 12:55 PM
    AtlantaJet and LAJet like this.
  14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He restructured, he’ll be here through next year at least

AtlantaJet likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. AR has had some misses particularly in game against the Vikings but overall he has put the ball in WR hands and they have failed him in all crucial come backs. I say come backs because we are always playing catch up due to our own offensive fuck ups and our D has been smoke and mirrors not slowing down the run and stats are deceiving. Yet we lost three games by 10 points.
    On all three games we lost, on the final drives we had crucial drops by our WRs. Of note, against Buffalo, it was the last straw. Williams run the wrong rout. Before that he had zero catches on three well thrown balls. On the same drive Rucker could not hold on to the ball for a huge first down. Yeh we need help in that area. But that is far from our Achilles heal. We are loosing games because
    1- Complete lack of discipline. We take points off the board on every single game. Our OL misses and or holds are becoming a huge liability
    2- Our defense is less than mediocre against the run, and a penalty machine in the secondary extending plays for the opposition.
    3- Our kicking game is simply pathetic. We lost two games on that alone
    4- We do not have a physical running game, period.
    4- No significant improvement will occur until both sides of the line are fixed. That is a huge undertaking, since we have multiple underachievers on both sides.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll pay him 39 million dollars next year when he'll turn 33, and we'll need to rebuild. But we are the Jets so...?

17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Teams do this all the time. Contracts will be restructured. New Orleans does it every year. Worry about shit when shit happens, and such

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Most likely it's Woody's doing.

ouchy likes this.
  19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I mean....he ain't wrong.

Nor is he calling Adams washed there in stating what should be the already established obvious by now.

20. dawinner127

Lol he knows what he’s doing by saying the Jets got a gimpy 32 year old wr when just two weeks ago Adams was still the same gimpy old 32 wr.

Nick wright is a clown

REVISion likes this.