Stop throwing to Mike Williams.. espiecially in the clutch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IWillPeeGreen, Oct 14, 2024 at 11:24 PM.

1. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

I always just go with qwertyuiop

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I don’t have any way of knowing what the actual design of the play was supposed to be. It looked to me like Williams was breaking towards the sideline and when he located the ball he tried to adjust and fell down.

If Williams was in the wrong spot Rodgers could’ve thrown it to Hall slipping out of the backfield who had about 30 yards in front of him rather than a falling away off the back foot duck in the middle of the field.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He probably didn't have time.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Mike Williams Is the least of the NYJ problems. Where do people find the conclusions they do, blows my mind....

He had a bad game. So did most the team. It's just your SOJ disfunction.

It amazes me how good players come here from other teams, just to suck for us. Bad players leave our team, to go be studs on other teams.

I don't get It. So al I can conclude, In all honesty.

Is that Woody Johnson Is the worst owner In ALL of sports.

5. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Jet-itis has set in. Next patient? Devante Adams.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s been a complete non-factor dude. He’s also dropped some balls including one last night before the INT.

I don’t know what the offensive coaches are really thinking though. No offense to Mike Williams but he is basically an outside X receiver only. He’s not quick and nimble out of the slot. He ran fly routes, posts, corners, deep outs and some slants here and there.

They’re running this 6’4” 220 pound receiver out of the slot on short stop routes and other nonsense. He ain’t that guy.

Stick him on the outside, run his big ass down field and let him go get the ball. No idea why they’re running him on choice option routes up the fucking seam.

#46 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 15, 2024 at 4:44 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 4:53 PM
  7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

With Adams signing, I wouldn't be surprised if we try to shop Williams. What we could get for him is another story.

8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Why do we routinely seem to see this happen to a lot more players then Mike Williams when they come *here*? Why do QBs like Baker or Darnold look washed and terrible when put into bad surrounding coaching situations/system, and then not look that way when put in good ones?

At some point you gotta realize it's not them...it's you ;)

Somebody out there is probably gonna get a pretty solid mid-season pickup flyer deal on Mike Williams when he gets dumped for next to nothing beyond a little salary relief. If it ends up being a good coaching situation/system, that as noted above actually uses him right, I'm betting he'll do well too given how his health has looked so far.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, add Williams to Wilson and Lazard from last week to the list of players who screw up important late game routes - at least according to the QB. There comes a time when you begin to think that just maybe the QB has a communication problem. Maybe the whole offense does. Then again, maybe the problem is poorly thrown footballs.

#49 Ralebird, Oct 15, 2024 at 6:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 7:14 PM
    teamgreen likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Heard today that the team is in fact already shopping Williams.
    Won't get much of anything, but need to dump some of that salary, along with trading Reddick's salary.
    Terrible offseason decisions by JD we need to get out of financially at least.

teamgreen likes this.