Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

he prob doesn't play as he is recovering from his injury, wouldn't of mattered.

Vida likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Spot on

100%

We keep doing the same shit and then shake our heads when it doesn’t work.

The interesting part is that when we fired Gase and hired JD who then hired Saleh and traded Jamal for 2 first round picks to begin the tear down and rebuild, that was the right idea. But the execution failed miserably. I was truly excited with JD because after the run of Bradway/Tannenbaum/Idzik, MacCagnan, we finally hired a GM who had the background and pedigree who seemed to be qualified for the role. I had hope. It was the first GM hire in years where you didn’t hear the name and say something like “they hired WHO?????”

And while I’ve been more positive on him maybe than many others, I just can’t defend it anymore. He’s had 6 years now. The OL still sucks. He picked the wrong HC. He picked the wrong QB (a better GM would have seen that outside of Trevor Lawrence, NONE of those other QBs were first round picks, not Zach, not Fields, not Lance, not Mac Jones…none of them were any good…they were just there). The coaching sucks…new guy yesterday but same old shit…undisciplined…penalties, etc. Like I like to say…GREAT doesn’t take long to show up. Well after 6 years as GM, we shouldn’t still be this bad. It is what it is.

And so the problem is Woody. No matter what he tries in hiring a GM to run the show…committee, search firm, whatever…he never gets it right. Never.

We’ll have to hope that next year after the house cleaning, he stumbles into a GM that actually knows what he’s doing. Maybe the NFL will recommend someone like they did George Young to the Giants 50 years ago. Who knows.

NYJetsO12 and mezzavo like this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Exactly

Our top needs right now are OT and DT

Period.

Another WR won’t keep Smith from whiffing on pass rushers, won’t keep the entire OL from holding or false starting or lining up wrong.

Davante doesn’t fix ANY of that.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

At this point, who gives a shit.

The problems with this team run so deep that 100 D. Adams aren't going to do jack squat. I don't even think it's Joe Douglas. It doesn't matter if we brought in Ozzie Newsome, in his prime, there is a "stench" that lingers all over the NY Jets and it's been there since 1970. Every once in a while someone turns on a "fan" and the stench dissipates a little (see the Vinny T. years) but then it comes back twice as strong. The Minute Wood-RUFF Johnson bought this team, though, that stench settled in and has never left. I don't know "how" it gets wiped out permanently. Hell, there's no guarantee Woody selling the team cleans it up either. The team could just as easily be sold to a fuck-wad like Tepper as it could to a group like what just bought Washington.

At the end of the day, it's a CHOICE to sit down, for 3 hours, and be visually abused by the NY Jets so I'm going to start watching with the mindset of weening myself off. We'll "SEE" if whatever conglomerate of morons Wood-RUFF chooses to assemble, for the remainder of the year, is enough to entice me back in 2025 or cut my losses. Kind of reaching the end of putting myself through this particular nightmare.

5. mezzavo

As much as I've been positive on Joe Douglas, you are right here when talking about non-player personnel.

Seriously, outside the whiffing on Zach Wilson, most of the players he's drafted and/or brought in, in general, have been decent. He has absolutely relied far too heavily on aging vets but, in my mind, that's not what is going to seal his fate. Joe Douglas has completely failed at managing the coaching component of the team. It's his job to see that Saleh was utterly incapable of holding his players/coaches accountable and address. It was his job to point out, to Saleh, that the o-line coach was an abject failure. I don't give a shit if the coach was Saleh's best friend since the playground days, you fire his ass and bring in someone competent! I could go on and on but everyone knows and sees. Joe Douglas' inability to MANAGE his staff is his biggest failure and he will be paid back by being fired at the end of the 2024 season. Period.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We traded basically a Corley who doesn't even play for some clicks. I'm honestly indifferent about the trade. Wonder if the trade will help us stop committing dumb penalties ... doubtful. what isn't doubtful is AR is running the show. meanwhile his overthrow against the vikings and his underthrow last night cost us 2 games.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..I mean does our owner not understand dumb penalty record this year in Entire NFL is held by the Jets?? Where’s the money to fix that Woody???

8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I’m as cynical about the team as pretty much everyone here by this point, but I don’t hate this move.

For decades we’ve been begging the team to join the rest of the NFL in putting a primacy on offense. By bringing Adams in at a reasonable cost, we’re making strides in that direction.

By not spending further capital on the DL we’re agreeing that the D is good enough to give up three or so scores - which is not uncommon. It’s a scoring league and so spending a ton of capital on crafting a D that will shut out every opponent is unrealistic.

We’re also committing to an explosive offense. One that’ll regularly score three + TDs. A modern offense. One now with two WRs our future HoF QB is comfortable throwing the ball to. So maybe he throws more, and with greater success. Maybe this takes some of the heat off the RBs, so they’re more successful when asked to run the ball.

I mean that’s the hope. It’s what we’ve wanted for a while and is nice to see some moves made in that direction.

Will it be enough? Of course not, this is the Jets. The offensive coaches are disasters. JD butchered constructing an OL. Rodgers is getting hit frequently enough to be at risk for a serious injury.

But for a fanbase that has seen little effort to modernize our game, this is something. What DT could they have traded for that would help us move the ball consistently? What effective, presumably younger, OL is on the trading block?

Vida and Borat like this.
  9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

sniff. Sniff... smells like 9-8 in here. Keeps the interest in the team for sure. Jets are weak on the lines. This doesn't change that. Never gonna get past a good team with our current lines.

Acad23 likes this.
  10. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Anyone watch McAfee for the ARod interview. Funniest shit I've ever seen.
    Aaron speaking, says he found out last night on the drive home, talking to Davante.
    Then he gives a head nod...and Davante comes over is standing next to him. Great TV.

No more crying...Let's go!

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So where does this leave Garrett Wilson? I don’t think Lazard is coming off the field as the #2. Lazard is AR’s safety blanket. He doesn’t have great hands but he’s always where he’s supposed to be, which obviously Wilson has had some issues still. If GW humbles himself I could see him having a monster year from the slot, but that’s alot of humble pie to eat and I don’t see GW being very humble

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Came here to say this. Only hope is we can flip a WR/Reddick for some defensive help

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Lazard and Adams on the outside, Wilson to the slot

Vida, Borat, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  14. mezzavo

You are smoking crack if you think this team is getting to 9 wins...

Ralebird, sozopol and sackexchange like this.
  15. teamgreen

If he can kick FGs this is a great move.

Borat and jetophile like this.
  16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

That holding penalty on the touchdown run was just fucking awful.

Vida, SOJAZ, LAJet and 3 others like this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This trade will be made even better when we're watching Adams on the sideline Sunday night nursing his hamstring while Rodgers is getting blindsided for the 1,978,343rd time because our O-line is allergic to contact.

Jets69 likes this.
  18. teamgreen

The worst part of it is that it showed that our prized LT free agent acquisition doesn't understand the play call, necessary blocking scheme, and the situation well enough to know that HE DOESN"T EVEN NEED TO HOLD ON THAT PLAY! Complete mental error by someone who was purported to be an OL leader.

Borat, SOJAZ and Baumeister like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That was a good interview.

horsehead likes this.
  20. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

You guys could've been 4 - 2 if you had gotten DA, ya know, 2 weeks ago.

SOJAZ, AtlantaJet and BrowningNagle like this.