Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:32 AM.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok. I mean you are wrong but ok

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You're right, but Woody seemingly loves JD and Woody is a total moron. I think retaining JD is the most likely scenario, as dumb as it is.

3. BrowningNagle

They thought Corley would actually play, bless their hearts

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

What part am I wrong about? The mid 70's coach? Not wrong. The turnaround of a complete disaster of a franchise? Not wrong. The immediate turnaround of a franchise that was horrible for a very long time? Not wrong. And you make it sound like recruiting in college hoops is easy when it's an absolute beastly job and kids all go to the highest bidder and the marquee names. No one was even sniffing SJU before he arrived. Don't kid yourself. It's the opposite of easy but yet Pitino did it in less than 2 years. Besides that sure I guess I'm wrong.

5. BrowningNagle

you are wrong for comparing the St. John's basketball rebuild to the NY Jets. See my previous post, they are not comparable.

I wont argue that St. John's sucked, I agree, they sucked, now they don't. Pitino usually does this. He skirts the rules, rebuilds quickly, commits some violation(s) and then gets fired/exiled. If only it was that easy for the Jets!

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's also one of the greatest player development coaches to ever teach the sport in history kinda like Carroll.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No it's not premature. In fact, what should be obvious is how UN-talented this team is. And by that, I mean including not having players who are football smart and who know how to play the game without shooting themselves in the foot time after fucking time. Good team wins, bad teams lose. The Jets lose consistently, so which box do they fit in? It's really that simple.

Yes, they have some good young pieces, and even a few good veteran pieces, but for the most part their composite Football IQ is in the double digits. You cannot win when you're beating yourself, and that's what the Jets do week in and week out, and the majority of the roster needs to be overturned to elevate this collection of "Dumb and Dumber". Glaring example: End of the game. Bills with the ball. 3rd down and a couple. A stop gives the Jets one last gasp (even if they didn't deserve it). Allen takes the snap, drops back the Jets rush - including Clemons! - and as he gets sucked into the rush, Allen takes off into the space he left and gets the game-sealing 1st down. STUPID! BASIC! That's the difference between a football smart player - and one who's been coached properly - and a Jets player. And the roster is riddled with these low FIQ players and shit coaches.

Yes, it needs to be blown up now. The alternative is we get to watch every week while they struggle with futility against themselves, likely losing, but even worse, perhaps winning just enough to convince Woody this is a talented team and to continue with the status quo. I'm fucking old, and probably not going to live to see the fruits of another rebuild, but I can't - I won't - subject myself to the repeated insanity of this franchise. They have the wrong people trying to follow the wrong recipe. They're never going to get it right.

"You are what your record says you are". Bill Parcells

Jets79, JetsNation06 and REVISion like this.
  8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Super frustrating for sure. I recommend, to those who find it unbearable, to watch some other teams play for a few weeks so they can remind themselves they at least like watching football and to keep their sanity. If the Jets clean things up then watch them again. If they don't keep watching the other teams for a few more weeks so you don't go crazy with this team.

In my mind there was at least improvement on offense -- which is huge. Even on that last interception WIlliams probably would have caught the ball lying on his back if not for the crazy play by the defender

Minny and the Bills are good teams. We need to tighten things up -- especially penalties. Not sure if guys are pressing too much, or if they're just being sloppy (yes refs were a problem too)

Hoping for a strong finish

#48 chandler, Oct 15, 2024 at 10:16 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 1:40 PM
    sackexchange likes this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I would exile 2 coaches for the Jets to be relevant after 14 years of nothing

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It doesn’t even matter, because a woody rebuild doesn’t include going out and getting g the best coach, it includes dumpster diving for a first time coordinator

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The Jets had a "glory days?"

stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I stated this before the season began and was quite clear that Rodgers will be done once he gets his ass kicked on a weekly basis. Every time they made a point of sliding the camera to Rodgers he looked either disgusted, frustrated, resigned or in pain. The ONLY time I saw a smile or glimmer of "positive" was after the hail mary TD. The rest of the night he looked OLD.

I'm not sure there ever is a "right" time to talk about where do the Jets "go from here" because it seems like we are ALWAYS talking about where they go from "here!!!" Starting with the 1st pre-season game and the discussion seemingly never seems to end! I'll bet if you compiled every single "where do the go from here" threads you'd have a single thread with 1,000 pages...and that would cover just the last decade! Just SMH...

14. BrowningNagle

Mezz - Rodgers is always a miserable prick on the field though, even when they were good in Green Bay. He loves the game, the attention and the money. I suspect he's not even close to considering retirement.

An why would he? Forget his salary, he's due $35 million in bonus money alone if he's on the roster to start 2025. he has his handpicked system, his handpicked recievers. If he wants a coach fired, he snaps his fingers and Woody Johnson makes it happen...

abyzmul and Since1969 like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's already a done deal. He can't fire the guy he said put together the best roster in over three decades.

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I posted this on a different thread but I think it's apropos. What the Jets are is a collection of talented young players and accomplished older players who have come from other teams and cultures. It's not possible to get all these players working in unison in only six games. Remember Rodgers didn't play at all in preseason, so it's no wonder receivers and blockers appear out of sync. In the NFL, you have good teams like SF and KC that have played together for a long time and only have to introduce a handful of players to their systems of play. Then you have the bad teams that are looking for that one player to ignite a spark like Wash. and Chi. And then there's the Jets, a team that didn't have much of a culture to begin with. There are just too many players who have come from outside looking for a common denominator. If Rodgers had played last year, I believe it would have looked like this year, and this year would have been the year. However, with Rodgers the window is very short. I say let the year play out, the Jets may not make the playoffs, and that's unfortunate, but wait 'til next year.

#56 westiedog1, Oct 15, 2024 at 5:49 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 8:35 PM
    onefanjet likes this.
  17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yeah it lasted a two years

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member