Embarrassing, pathetic, undisciplined

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 14, 2024 at 11:59 PM.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This team better get its shit together and go on a run. Starting Sunday night. 3 straight losses. All winnable games.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Hopefully our clueless owner would not be satisfied enough with making reckless decisions mortgaging the future for short-sighted, time-limited benefit that results in squeaking into and losing in the Wildcard round or something. That shouldn't be enough

JetsNation06 and Since1969 like this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets led the league in penalties last season and they are #2 in penalties this season - perhaps, and this is just me throwing out ideas, the coaching staff might want to work with the players to cut down on the penalties as there seems to be a bit of an issue there...

4. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

I think there were 3 plays that really defined this game although there were plenty of other bad ones so this could be a longer list for sure.

1. Breece not running over or around a DB on his big run because we all knew we weren't punching it into the end zone afterwards
    2. Tyron Smith holding on the Allen TD
    3. Zuerlein second missed FG of 32 yards. Have to make that one.

Vida, SOJAZ, papapump and 2 others like this.
  5. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Despite the cool 20 knot gusts the tailgate was stellar!

Our tailgate is always the best part of my Jet Fan Experience.

We left before the half. Heard the stadium erupt when Rogers Lazard nailed the Hail Mary with 8 seconds left.

Listened to the game on the way home. Caught the last few minutes of the game on my couch.

Damn, that was a great tailgate!

jixxjr and dmw like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Clemons getting sucked into rushing and allowing Allen to run past him for the 1st down. Monumental lack of football IQ and game awareness.

SOJAZ, papapump, dmw and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…the glass half full look is exactly that these last 3 games SHOULD have been wins. We didn’t lose by much and we did lose because of our own stupid play…primarily key penalties and missed FGs.

We COULD be 5-1

But bad teams do bad things. Good teams don’t beat themselves. And we consistently beat ourselves.

Vida, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, I don't want to hear about all the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" crap. Good teams don't consistently shoot themselves in the foot; bad teams do. The Jets are a bad team, not just in a lack of physical talent sense, but more importantly in a FIQ sense - they lack football and game situation awareness. Coaches should be able to improve that, but guess what? The Jets have consistently hired bad coaches so that never gets addressed. Meanwhile, Woody and his PR dept keep saying what a great team this is "on paper". Bullshit! First, "on paper" means nothing...they don't award the Lombardi Trophy to the team with the "Best Roster On Paper". Second, that claim is a lie - the talent has been overrated for years, and the proof is in the record they've accumulated: "You are what your record says you are".

ENOUGH! Either blow it up right now and get in a bona fide football architect to build it from the ground up, or sell the damn team to someone who will. This team is unwatchable. No matter how many times you watch "The Titanic" you know what the ending will be. The irony is that the original name of this franchise was the Titans - they even fell two letters short there!

Doreblade, SOJAZ, papapump and 3 others like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What "bona fide football architect" is going to want to work for a meddling, validation seeking trust fund weenie?

10. ColoradoContrails

Agreed. But what other hope is there? And even if that were to happen - hiring a bona fide football architect - by the time he got things turned around, I'll likely be dead. But in the spirit of planting a fruit tree in my old age that I'll never live to see bear fruit, I hope one of those two things happens for the sake of those who are younger than me.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

the Jets lost the last 3 games by a total of 10 points. Thats the differerence between 5-1 and 2-4 10 freakin points! Thats what makes me the most irate about this team, is they beat themselves the last 3 games in true Jets fashion.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He was 2nd team All Pro last year... so there's that. :confused:

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Quarterback play is not our problem...

HomeoftheJets and IDFjet like this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t care what he was. He literally plays like a bad internet connection. He looks like he just freezes while defenders run past him. I think that what is most frustrating with him is it’s the mental game that seems to have rendered him useless. He plays like a rookie. I don’t even know if you could say age has caught up to him physically because his mental play has been so poor.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Totally agree... he's looked like shit for the last three games.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets will never be good again unless they build a top 10 OL.

That doesn’t necessarily mean expensive hired guns and using all the draft picks. We could start with a good OL coach.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I remember hearing that he was SO DOMINANT in training camp.

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There is no other hope. This franchise's last chance at a Super Bowl disappeared when the Jets couldn't punch that ball in the end zone from inside the 5 back in Pittsburgh a decade and a half ago. They're never going to get anywhere near it again.

mezzavo likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Geez dude... you need to go out and play or something...

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This right here. Mic drop, award winning insight. Spot the fuck on.

If there was any thread of hope after the last few years that the Jets could remain relevant and attracting talented football people, going after Aaron Rodgers put a nice little rip in that thread, and the events of the past couple of weeks have torn it completely.

No shot.